Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Aug 15, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
scojo72
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Glad I am in dvc

Just come back from a two week holiday in disneys Caribbean beach resort. We book this package holiday to build my points back up for next year. And I can honestly say we missed stopping in a dvc resort. You can't compare a stop there to blt or bw. In fact my wife said that if we can't stop at a dvc we won't go at all. I think I have spoilt her.
villa.vero beach.akl jambo 3wks 2010
animal kingdom 2009
villa 2008
caribbean beach 2007
villa 2006
2000-2006 various hotels on international drive

DVC MEMBER
scojo72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

oh dear... we are off to CBR next monday! what was it about CBR you didn't like? or was it like comparing a 3 bedroom house with a studio flat?
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We stayed there before the Pirates & Nemo rooms & although there really wasn't anything wrong with the Resort, it didn't really blow our socks off either. We were in Martinique & you are so far from Port Royale that we could have been anywhere & there was nothing in the rooms that said "We are staying in Disney".
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scojo72
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Vikkicat View Post
oh dear... we are off to CBR next monday! what was it about CBR you didn't like? or was it like comparing a 3 bedroom house with a studio flat?
There is nothing wrong with cbr and would stop their again.what I was saying is the holiday we had stopping at a dvc resort was a in a different league. When you are there have a walk round the boardwalk and you will see what I mean.with cbr it is a very big site and you don't get the Disney feel. In the dvc sites (not including okw) you get the feeling you are somewhere special with things going on around you. Sitting in the lobby people watching and the standard seem higher. Silly things like milk bring left out to have in your tea in the dining area .cbr was a nightmare trying to get milk.it was like it was they thought we was stealing it (we did have refillable mugs).I could go on but I am glad in 72 days I am back in a dvc hotel

Edited at 09:03 PM.
scojo72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 15, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Cherrie163
Excited about Disney

I'm the same, there's no way we could afford to do disney the way we do without it! Can't wait to go back on Tuesday 😳

DLP 2009 x 2, DLP 2011, Wilderness Lodge Disneymoon Dec 2011, POFQ Aug 2012, BLT and AKL 2013, Disneyland Hong Kong April 2014, Disney Magic Med Cruise Aug 2014, AKL, Disney Dream and VGF Aug 2015
Cherrie163 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 15, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

Ohh, ok. I understand.

I keep saying to hubbie about buying into the DVC but so far he isn't budging! Will have to do a bit more research and show him the value in it!
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 15, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Vikkicat View Post
The comparison is a moderate room versus a deluxe studio or villa. CBR is a lovely resort but if you're used to deluxe and the extra amenities of a DVC property it would be a bit if getting used to. Please don't worry. We stayed at CBR last year and really enjoyed it. I wouldn't hesitate to go back if that was the best option.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 15, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mylander
Trying for More Ears

Buying into DVC in 2005 was the best money we ever spent. We try and get the same villa each year and it feels so much like coming home. Our friends are all envious that we have a place in Florida let alone a Disney one. If you are thinking of buying in with good flights it can be very reasonable and the Disney guys are so nice and no pressure at anytime.
mylander is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 15, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
berni
Serious Dibber

Since we bought in back in '98 we have stayed in The Disneyland Hotel in California, at DLP we have stayed in Sequoia lodge, Newport and Disneyland Hotel DLP. The only one that has lived up to what we expected was Newport Bay. But that was before we had stayed at DVC.

Must admit though, this time our room was showing a little wear and tear, but noticed that during our stay they had blocked of one of the corridors on our floor and started to strip out, so guess we were a little unlucky not to get a re-furbished room. Always next time
berni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 15, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread