Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 May 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Chester Cheesy
Helping Minnie

Chester Cheesy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
One night on site = 2 days EEMH or just the one?

To get around this early September issue of expected crowds and extended EMH, I'm booking a one nighter in the All Star resort (in the middle of our off site villa stay).

Now I thought that this would entitle us to to 2 days of EEMH. Check in day and check out day.
However I've just spoken to Disney and they are saying that we have to physically check in at the hotel (8am earliest) to get the hotel ID which then allows us access. This means we won't make EMH rope drop.

Is this the case ? We have old magic bands that will be pre-linked to the tickets on MDE where the hotel booking is but the Disney rep was adamant.

Any advice how to get EEMH on the check in day ?

Thanks!
Old 7 May 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chester Cheesy View Post
To get around this early September issue of expected crowds and extended EMH, I'm booking a one nighter in the All Star resort (in the middle of our off site villa stay).

Now I thought that this would entitle us to to 2 days of EEMH. Check in day and check out day.
However I've just spoken to Disney and they are saying that we have to physically check in at the hotel (8am earliest) to get the hotel ID which then allows us access. This means we won't make EMH rope drop.

Is this the case ? We have old magic bands that will be pre-linked to the tickets on MDE where the hotel booking is but the Disney rep was adamant.

Any advice how to get EEMH on the check in day ?

Thanks!
You do have to have checked in to the hotel. The bit that I haven't heard before is that the earliest you can do that is 8am

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

My understanding is that you can do online check in and your old bands will be linked to your stay so you can use them to make use of extra hours on the first day.

Never heard a time restriction for earliest check in though.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

My understanding also is that your MDE account (with the hotel, and tickets/magicbands linked) is all you need to access EEMH on your checkin date, as you can (and will need to so that you are confirmed at the hotel) check in online in advance of your actual check in date onsite. You don't get any other hotel ID, apart from your magicbands (which don't need to be the new ones you will get when you physically pick them up at the onsite hotel reception).

I'd suggest the person you spoke to at Disney is not particularly on-the-ball with all the information pertaining to check-in.

Edited at 05:09 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Chester Cheesy
Helping Minnie

Chester Cheesy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I thought this was the case - and I did ask about online check-in so it seemed a little odd.
Thanks for the responses...
Old 8 May 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I have also just booked an all stars resort for the same reason as you as we arrive the day starbwars opens. I have booked one night in the first week and one night in the second week (we won't stay in the hotels).

The advice I was given by dibbers in the general chat section is that one night gives us 2 days early entry and 2 days fastpases at 60 days out. I was also told you don't need to book into the hotel on the first day, so fingers crossed it all goes to plan.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
monique
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I have also just booked an all stars resort for the same reason as you as we arrive the day starbwars opens. I have booked one night in the first week and one night in the second week (we won't stay in the hotels).

The advice I was given by dibbers in the general chat section is that one night gives us 2 days early entry and 2 days fastpases at 60 days out. I was also told you don't need to book into the hotel on the first day, so fingers crossed it all goes to plan.
Same, booked All stars for two separate nights. The first one is the day after we arrive in Orlando. Plan to be at Animal kingdom for the first morning and Hollywood Studios the next. No intention of staying at the resort. Will do online check in and use existing magic bands to get the perks.Though I did want my husband to get a new magic band and might still wing it and pop by the resort at 6am... I just want them to hand over the magic bands. I don't want access to the room or anything...

Disneyland Paris :1995, 2007 and 2011.
Los Angeles Disneyland :1996 & 2001.
Florida: April 2002,May 2004,June 2009,May 2012, April 2013,April 2015,May 2016 & October 2019, May 2024
monique is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by monique View Post
Same, booked All stars for two separate nights. The first one is the day after we arrive in Orlando. Plan to be at Animal kingdom for the first morning and Hollywood Studios the next. No intention of staying at the resort. Will do online check in and use existing magic bands to get the perks.Though I did want my husband to get a new magic band and might still wing it and pop by the resort at 6am... I just want them to hand over the magic bands. I don't want access to the room or anything...
Looks like Disney are going to get get lots of hotel bookings people won't even stay in

We plan to pop into the hotel after we've been to the parks on the first morning to check in, just in case they cancel our fast passes for the second day (unlikely I know), and mainly because my son and his girlfriend want the magic bands (me and my wife already have ours).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List