Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 15 Jun 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefully
Proud to wear my Ears

Gatorland

Apologies if this is in the wrong chat... is gatorland worth doing and if so how long will it take to do, thanks very much x
Hopefully is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Maindrain
Trainee Dibber

Hi, as always it's a personal view, but Gatorland is a good half day trip for us, been loads of times over the years and still enjoy it. I'm sure I saw somewhere it was voted "best half day experience", I would reccommend it.

Multiple trips since 1991, and EuroDisney just the once!
OK, I like Florida.
Maindrain is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
It's a bit like Marmite some love it and some hate it !

After 12 trips to Florida we had never been but DH was keen so we went last year but I won't be heading back and personally would not recommend it. I felt the gator's were crammed in with little space to move around and that the shows were bordering on cruel but others love it. I much prefer to see the gator's at Wild Florida where while they are in captivity they are swimming around in a "lake" and have more freedom.

There are a few threads on the "Beyond the Parks" section of the forum which may help you decide if it is worth it.

Edited at 10:55 AM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Loved it. Been twice.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We had half day to spare before we took our son back to the airport as he was flying back ahead of us. We were very surprised to find it a great way to sped half day and thoroughly enjoyed it. When we visited we saw for the first time the leucistic (white) gators - did not know they existed and are very rare.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

I haven't been for years but don't begrudge the times I went. I'll never forget those gators jumping out of the water for the chickens, I'd never seen anything like it. Half a day at most.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
aydeepee
VIP Dibber

aydeepee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
It's a bit like Marmite some love it and some hate it !

After 12 trips to Florida we had never been but DH was keen so we went last year but I won't be heading back and personally would not recommend it. I felt the gator's were crammed in with little space to move around and that the shows were bordering on cruel but others love it. I much prefer to see the gator's at Wild Florida where while they are in captivity they are swimming around in a "lake" and have more freedom.

There are a few threads on the "Beyond the Parks" section of the forum which may help you decide if it is worth it.
Ditto - completely. Everyone to their own but I personally found it uncomfortable

1993 - I-Drive & Clearwater * 1996 - I-Drive * 2006 - DLP * 2007 - I-Drive * 2008 - I-Drive & RPR * 2009 - I-Drive & RPR (again!) * 2011 - RPR * 2013 - RPR & Beach Club Resort * 2014 - RPR & Beach Club Resort * 2016 - RPR & Beach Club...again (Greatest Hits Tour!) * Sept 2019 - Silver Wedding Anniversary - Capes and Parks Tour * Sept 2022 - Cape, Beach & Parks + IAN! * Sept 2024 - hoping to avoid Ian v2 *
aydeepee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
Apologies if this is in the wrong chat... is gatorland worth doing and if so how long will it take to do, thanks very much x
We enjoy it but can see why others might not. Half day visit at most

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List