Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Jun 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Disney Cruise Line luggage tags

Hi,

I've seen a vlog that says they won't take your cases without your personalised Disney tags with state room number on. We've booked through a US TA, so will these come in the post or do we sort that out when checking in?

Whilst you're here, a couple more final details- The official parking, still not pre-bookable, you just pull up and put your card in the machine? And a UK CC would be fine?

When boarding (we are fairly early 10.45am) will the aquaduck be open? I know things close for the muster drill, but before then everything in on and accessible? Towels will be out, pools open etc? Just need to know what to pack in the carry on.

Also what time roughly are the rooms ready? How do you know when it is?

Thank you.

We want to cram in as much as possible as only doing a 3 day to test we like it.
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by limmy View Post
Hi,

I've seen a vlog that says they won't take your cases without your personalised Disney tags with state room number on. We've booked through a US TA, so will these come in the post or do we sort that out when checking in?

Whilst you're here, a couple more final details- The official parking, still not pre-bookable, you just pull up and put your card in the machine? And a UK CC would be fine?

When boarding (we are fairly early 10.45am) will the aquaduck be open? I know things close for the muster drill, but before then everything in on and accessible? Towels will be out, pools open etc? Just need to know what to pack in the carry on.

Also what time roughly are the rooms ready? How do you know when it is?

Thank you.

We want to cram in as much as possible as only doing a 3 day to test we like it.

Hi
The vlog is a little wrong. If you don’t have the luggage tags, the porters at each cruise terminal will have spare blank ones and you can have those. As long as your luggage has one of those on, you’re good to go. You can’t put your luggage in with nothing on it for sure, but the proper tag or the blank ones you fill in at port will be fine.

Parking is fine to just turn up - expensive, but fine!

Your boarding time is not 10:45, that’s your port arrival time (PAT). Don’t turn up earlier than that and don’t expect to be onboard before 11:30ish.

Rooms are ready at 1:30 and not a minute earlier. So in your carry on, you’ll need to have sunscreen, swimmers, books and anything else you may need for all evening - your bags can show up at your room any time between around 12:30 and 8-9pm. They do try to get them to you for before first dinner, but sometimes it doesn’t happen.

The aqua duck should be open, towels are in the dark lacquered cabinets situated by every pool.

Hope that helps
Joa

Edited at 07:45 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

The parking is simply a case of take a ticket as you drive in and pay when you leave at a machine. No hassle at all. There are cheaper places off site but didn't seem worth the transfer if you have lots of luggage. We had a wheelchair as well so definitely not worth it for us.
Old 26 Jun 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks so much.
Joa - helpful and informative as ever. I'm still very happy to be on the ship by midday, I really expected an early afternoon PAT being a lowly newbie.
I'm just always nervous of the unknown, hence doing the same holiday for years! haha x
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Could I hijack your post with a question for Joa - we've booked the DCL bus from the airport - port for the first time. We're staying at the Hyatt Mco the night before, can we just get on any DCL bus or will we get a specific time?
I know we can't choose a PAT because of this, but do you have any idea of when it's likely to be. Thanks.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Elliebelle
I want to go now!

I booked my 3 night cruise direct with Disney and received my luggage tags via the post from the US last week. I was really disappointed with them after being sent all the way from the US, they are just bar code labels like what the airlines wrap around your suitcase when you check in for a flight. I was hoping for some fancy Disney cruise luggage tags. Nevermind ! I'm still super excited !
Elliebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Could I hijack your post with a question for Joa - we've booked the DCL bus from the airport - port for the first time. We're staying at the Hyatt Mco the night before, can we just get on any DCL bus or will we get a specific time?
I know we can't choose a PAT because of this, but do you have any idea of when it's likely to be. Thanks.
So I believe that you just turn up and get on the first bus. They run from 9:30am onwards as and when full. Takes about an hour from the airport to the port and they start boarding around 11:45ish
Old 28 Jun 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Sorry for delay - you can get on the first bus at the Hyatt which is 09:00 I believe. Be downstairs for around 08:45 to secure that first bus! You'll be told on arrival at the Hyatt what to do with your luggage etc - so just be sure to tell them when checking in that you're doing DCL and have transfers in the morning.

Joa

Edited at 01:30 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Elliebelle View Post
I booked my 3 night cruise direct with Disney and received my luggage tags via the post from the US last week. I was really disappointed with them after being sent all the way from the US, they are just bar code labels like what the airlines wrap around your suitcase when you check in for a flight. I was hoping for some fancy Disney cruise luggage tags. Nevermind ! I'm still super excited !
They have to be the sticker type and not anything fancy as the cases get chucked around. Anything posh and pretty would come off, so airline style it is!
Even concierge get the same, but there's are brown with the crossed keys.

Joa
Old 29 Jun 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Sorry for delay - you can get on the first bus at the Hyatt which is 09:00 I believe. Be downstairs for around 08:45 to secure that first bus! You'll be told on arrival at the Hyatt what to do with your luggage etc - so just be sure to tell them when checking in that you're doing DCL and have transfers in the morning.

Joa
Thanks, I rang DCL about something else and she asked where we are staying, so she added the Hyatt info to our booking (which was great as it wasn't booked through them).
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List