Notices

Old 27 Jun 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Another perfect day Helen. I’m just loving this report, it’s taking me right back to our time there last year. Apart from the bites, you poor thing I completely sympathise. I so hope the calamine works for you!
Loving Kieran’s sand dollar collection.
One of my favourite things was idly walking up and down Pine Ave popping in and out of the shops, even if most things are too expensive to buy 😆
We didn’t get to the Ugly Grouper, would you recommend it?

Edited at 02:21 PM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Another perfect day Helen. I’m just loving this report, it’s taking me right back to our time there last year. Apart from the bites, you poor thing I completely sympathise. I so hope the calamine works for you!
Loving Kieran’s sand dollar collection.
One of my favourite things was idly walking up and down Pine Ave popping in and out of the shops, even if most things are too expensive to buy 😆
We didn’t get to the Ugly Grouper, would you recommend it?
Yeah the food was lovely. It’s all outdoor seating though so still quite hot. Suited me but the kids were too hot for the first half hr or so then it cooled enough.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
granmags
Imagineer

granmags's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lovely relaxing day , shame about your bites though. Kieran’s sand dollar collecting is going well😀

I MAY NOT BE RICH OR FAMOUS BUT I DO HAVE PRICELESS GRANDCHILDREN
granmags is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Such a lovely relaxing day, your great for getting pictures too. 40 bites now hope you get relief in the next few days!
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Love the bus driver! What a dude.
And... there was a shark! am not telling DH.

The Ugly Grouper looks fun, you all look fab in your photos you are very photogenic Helen! Am so sorry about all the bites though. Such a shame. I have been getting bitten to death in my garden here, by the noseeums, and they are so painful! Worth it to be somewhere so lovely where you are though.

What are sand dollars? Sorry am clueless! Can you make then into a necklace?x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 09:43 AM.
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Love the bus driver! What a dude.
And... there was a shark! am not telling DH.

The Ugly Grouper looks fun, you all look fab in your photos you are very photogenic Helen! Am so sorry about all the bites though. Such a shame. I have been getting bitten to death in my garden here, by the noseeums, and they are so painful! Worth it to be somewhere so lovely where you are though.

What are sand dollars? Sorry am clueless! Can you make then into a necklace?x
They are wee burrowing sea urchins that crawl along the sand. When you find them you have to be very very careful to check it is definitely dead before you can keep it. There are some you tube videos on how to do this by turning it over and checking it’s wee legs. We had researched it incase we found any on our own but was good to have captain Katie check to be certain.

And yes you can make the small ones into jewellery but you need to varnish them with stuff first as they are very delicate once they dry out. Kieran broke a few of his trying to wrap them.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Max1970
I want to go now!

Mobile

Your pictures are fantastic. It looks an awesome place.
Max1970 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Another chilled day 😊
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I never used to be bothered by bites, but in the last few years I'm obviously tasting better with age! Its a nightmare. Hopefully the calamine helped. You morning watching the sunrise was perfect. So peaceful. I love the story behind the name, I'd probably go with the Scottish version too. All in all another brilliant day.
Old 30 Oct 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely relaxed morning and love the shop owner wanting to source the primark cover up! Sorry about your bites! My memory is that they are seriously itchey
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List