Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Aug 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Congrats to those managing to link.

It’s clear VH have to do a lot of work on their customer service. They seem to offering nothing or at best very little. For the hassle I’d expect better.

Still not linked but 30 Nov so many in front of me in the queue which is fine.

Once linked I’ll be asking ABTA to investigate whether VH were knowingly selling holidays they were unlikely to be able to provide.

If so I’d hope ABTA hit them with a fine which is more than they’d have needed to spend by treating their customers with respect and offering proper recompense for the hassle. I wouldn’t expect the earth but free Vroom, a small discount or even a voucher for a future holiday wouldn’t have broken the bank and would have made them look a little better than the incompetents they currently look.
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Out of my two bookings, still waiting for one to link, the first one linked yesterday. I live in hope.
My not so local VH store is monitoring the account and will contact me the moment they hear I’ve linked APPARENTLY, still waiting for the call.

Will wait over the weekend to see if the outstanding booking links, will not accept a change of hotel for them, we stay together or cancel.
The Virgin Disney team don’t work weekends ( (which is shocking when all this is going on). Why aren’t Virgin pulling out the stops to get more people on it and get up to date.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I'm surprised about the refund for Coronado as CBR and CSR are usually the same price, unless they're different room categories (preferred to standard for example).

What are you thinking of doing?

I was swaying to CSR but I think I was just swayed by the money. And it's about enjoyment at end of day. So I think I'm going to gamble with the pirate room... something different !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

so a quick scan of this thread looks like Oct holidays are linking correctly now (including mine) but everyone been bumped from PO and a few other resorts for November bookings.

I really hope you all get the holiday you booked originally or at the very least a good alternative is offered, the after sales from Virgin has been shocking regardless on who is at fault for this, I for one wont be using them again and everyone that has been moved should do the same as Adultdisneyfan is doing and goto ABTA if they have been selling allocations they didn't have they need to be punished and everyone compensated.
Old 2 Aug 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bads
Trying for More Ears

Talking

I have just linked ! after checking many times today at last its only gone and linked - just have to wait now until i can book ADR's

Edited at 09:25 PM.
Bads is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris7cc
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We have just linked for Yacht Club going on the 24th October, hope Novembers get sorted ASAP.

Personally as good as the staff in Virgin House of Fraser were now they won't be there (my one is closing) I don't think I will book with VH again, although I will still use VA for flights.
Chris7cc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Just checked for my second booking and nothing linked.
The first one linked Wednesday.
How can two bookings made at the same time not link together.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Bads
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
Just checked for my second booking and nothing linked.
The first one linked Wednesday.
How can two bookings made at the same time not link together.
Hang in there sure it will come good for you soon. There does not seem to be any logic in the process
Bads is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bads View Post
Hang in there sure it will come good for you soon. There does not seem to be any logic in the process
Thank you, I really hope so. Just checked and still not linked.
Spoke to VH store this morning, and first reply was the usual c***, Disney are running behind.
Yeah is that right, so how has my first booking linked.
Well I’ll contact our team to chase up and ring you back. Still waiting
Old 3 Aug 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Clovelly
New Poster (5)

We are another of the VH customers 'bumped' from POFQ for Nov 19. Switched to CSR but looking forward to the change as already stayed at POFQ 4 times. Obtained water view room at no extra charge. Reservation just became available to link In MDE.
Clovelly is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List