Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 31 Jul 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinker-mum
Getting Excited

Mobile 1 day first timers...saturday 1st september

Hi all. Trying to help my friend.

She has never been to Disney and they have managed to squeeze a 1 day 1 park ticket at the end of their holiday as a surprise for their kids.

Could anyone help me make a plan of action to help them do as much as possible please?
We normally go nov-feb so feel a bit useless tbh.

Their kids are 5 and 9. 105cm and 135cm

Saturday 1st september

Thanks so much xxx
Old 31 Jul 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Eek, 1 day to do the park, and on a Saturday too

Ok, they'll need to accept that it is probably going to be busy, so if they can get there for park opening that would be a good start, the park (just main street) tends to open to non-disney hotel guests at 9.30am, then at 10am the whole of the park is open.

Perhaps they could do a bit of research and choose 4 or 5 rides that are absolute 'must-dos' for them, and also have a look at the parade and show times to see which of those they want to do. Then try to make a loose plan around that.

As they have a 1 park ticket they can avoid Walt Disney Studio's altogether and focus only on the Disneyland Park.

They could also have a look ahead of time at where they might like to eat, obviously counter service will be quickest, meaning they get more time in the park, so Hakuna Matata, Toad Hall, Pizza Bella Notte would all be good options.

Familiarising themselves with the park map ahead of time might help too, especially if they have picked which rides they absolutely want to do

But worse case scenario, if they get there and the park is crazy busy, spend the day soaking up the atmosphere, especially around Main Street and the hub in front of the castle or wandering through the caves in Adventureland, try to get a couple of rides done and the main parade and they'll have a fab time

Do you know if they will be able to stay until park closing time? If they can let them know that this is when Illuminations starts, and it runs for around 20 mins, it'll then take a further 10-20mins to exit the park with the masses

I hope that helps!

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

All that Beaker has said is good advice. Saturdays are always busy as locals go on those days. Fastpass is her friend. Picking your must dos is great advice. Try eating lunch early or late. Stop and look around. There is a lot of great themeing. She may have to stake out a parade place early.
Just tell her to be prepared for it to be busy, probably quite busy indeed.
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Yep, my main advice would be to get plenty of rest the day before, and plan a day to rest lots the day after - then make the most of every single second in the park!

Definitely get them to look through the list of rides and shows on the official site, then pick a must-do each. I would try to include the parade and Illuminations, but maybe plan to watch them from somewhere less popular (eg the Small World path above the parade, and near the bandstand for Illuminations.) That way they don’t have to spend too long waiting for a good spot, but should still be able to see. Plus a lot of rides seem to become walk-ons shortly before Illuminations.

Get a copy of a map and a programme before they arrive, so they can plan a rough schedule and route around the park. Get the app, so they can keep an eye out for unexpectedly short queues and use the map to run over to make the most of them! We saw that POTC had a 5 min queue one day in half term, so raced over from near Small World and it ended up being a walk-on!

Include walk-throughs like Aladdin, the Alice maze, the pirate bridge, the treehouse, etc, and try to see at least one show as well as doing rides, so they end the day having done lots of things. The fairy boats, Small World, Star Tours and Casey Jr often seem to have shorter queues than most other rides, so could be good to tick off a few rides. If the children have Peter Pan / TinkerBell costumes to wear, they will probably be invited to join the fastpass queue for Peter Pan. We lent our TinkerBell dress to friends who were going for one day, and it worked perfectly for them!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Get there early! They let non Disney guests in before official opening, so be at the gates by 9/9.15 at the latest to be some of the first in. Head to either Peter Pan or thunder mountain for a fastpass, whichever your little ones are more likely to enjoy/be brave enough for. If they want to meet the princesses it will be a good 2 hours gone out of your park day, but I would go there as soon as possible if it is a must. As above, I would recommend having 5/6 rides or meets you definitely want to do and work your way around. Beware that fantasyland closes earlier than the rest of the park to prepare for the fireworks, so get those ones in as soon as possible. Rides like pirates of the Caribbean and thunder mountain will get quieter in the last 30-60 minutes of park opening as lots of people will be waiting for the fireworks. Get a spot for the parade near small world, the parade starts here so once it’s passed you the. You can jump on many fantasyland rides with minimal wait - we got straight in the teacups after the parade. I’d also recommend taking snacks and sandwiches to save time as the fast food queues are anything but fast!
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

I'm, the opposite of what others have said. To me, instead of rushing to get on all the rides, let the kids wander and explore the park, and go on rides as they find them. The park itself is designed for exploration and to surprise and delight
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Adcro View Post
I'm, the opposite of what others have said. To me, instead of rushing to get on all the rides, let the kids wander and explore the park, and go on rides as they find them. The park itself is designed for exploration and to surprise and delight
I think this is a great way to experience Disneyland, that’s how we do it on our 4/5 day trips. If you only have one day then expect to only ride 4 or 5 rides if you take it easy. You might get more in but to some people it’s an expensive trip they want to get he most out of.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Wow £60 x 4 and you can only hope for 4 or 5 rides !
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Adcro View Post
In an ideal world then yes, but a 1 day trip on a Saturday during school hols. I'm afraid not. Worst case scenario, big ticket rides van reach 3hour queues. An hour queue for lunch, etc.
Be early, have a plan, use fastpass where you can, but bear in mind you can only have one at a time. If your stamina allows then I would intend on staying till Park closing for the illuminations/fireworks show. This may mean taking the day at a steady pace. Breaking the day up to give yourselves a rest. Maybe have lunch in Disney Village or a Drink in Fantasia Bar in Disneyland Hotel. I wouldn't stress about the ride tally you may/may not rack up, the park is lovely place to be, by the time you've done a few rides, had the odd character meet, seen a theatre show, the Parade, eaten somewhere nice, been in the shops, watched the Castle closing show, you wont feel short changed
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

It you look on the DLP Trip Reports forum, magickate has posted a fabulous report about a day trip she did with another family called "8 people and one long day, making the most of it!" (sorry can't post the link on my kindle).

I can't believe how much they got done!
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List