Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Nov 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
r2001uk
slightly serious Dibber

Virgin - Does the Bubble cost extra and is it available to us?

Hi, tomorrow is apparently the day we can book our outbound seats for next year. We're only on Economy but I see a lot of talk about 'The Bubble'. We're flying from Manchester and I don't even know if this is a thing on our flight. If it is, are we able to book seats there and would the be an upgrade cost?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, this is our first Florida trip without the rest of the family and only the second with Virgin. The parents used to sort this kind of stuff
r2001uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Don't know if the 747s still fly from Manchester (I assume they do) but I know Virgin charge extra for it. I was charged £28 per person although I believe that it is now £35
Old 28 Nov 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
r2001uk
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks, those prices aren't too bad. Now to find out if we can get it at Manchester
r2001uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by r2001uk View Post
Thanks, those prices aren't too bad. Now to find out if we can get it at Manchester
If you know your flight details then Seatguru will be able to tell you what plane you are scheduled to have
Old 28 Nov 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
r2001uk
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
If you know your flight details then Seatguru will be able to tell you what plane you are scheduled to have
Yeah just checked, It's VS73 which is apparently a 747, nice one!
Old 28 Nov 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I fly out of Manchester in June and we booked the bubble for £28pp
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Hi, tomorrow is apparently the day we can book our outbound seats for next year. We're only on Economy but I see a lot of talk about 'The Bubble'. We're flying from Manchester and I don't even know if this is a thing on our flight. If it is, are we able to book seats there and would the be an upgrade cost?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, this is our first Florida trip without the rest of the family and only the second with Virgin. The parents used to sort this kind of stuff
I would do it! - We always have and happy to pay, it feels great up in the bubble, less manic, and always had brilliant hostess servuce up there, if you ahve any questions just ask
Lindy15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
r2001uk
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lindy15 View Post
I would do it! - We always have and happy to pay, it feels great up in the bubble, less manic, and always had brilliant hostess servuce up there, if you ahve any questions just ask
Cheers, definitely gonna try for it - do you know if I'll be able to book the seats at midnight tonight or do they usually become available sometime through the day?
Old 28 Nov 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Yeah just checked, It's VS73 which is apparently a 747, nice one!
Just a word. Of warning. We were also expecting to be on VS73 from Manchester on 21st October. Still unable to choose seats as that flight is now not flying in October and expected to merged with the morning VS75.
It’s causing loads of stress atm as we know all bubble seats already booked but Virgin have suspended anymore seats bookings.
We have been told to wait another week till rescheduling complete then they will open the window again.
silverfox46 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
r2001uk
slightly serious Dibber

Oh that's worrying, I wonder if the same will happen to us then. VS75 is still a 747 but if we're unable to book until a later date then we're likely going to miss out too