Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 May 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Can’t vouch for the club room as never been in HRH but of the 3 main hotels it’s my favourite. It just has a more relaxed atmosphere whereas I found Portifino a bit stuffy. Might be me but I didn’t notice the music so certainly not intrusive.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
joolsleeds
Apprentice Imagineer

joolsleeds's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It's never bothered me, even on the jet-lagged mornings!

Can be loud around the pool, but that's all part of the themeing IMO!
joolsleeds is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Ooh.. You're all tempting me to go for it to try something new!
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
Ooh.. You're all tempting me to go for it to try something new!
The pool bar for burgers in the evening is fantastic, it’s like going to the Hard Rock Cafe without the queues and biz, a movie to watch and a pool. What’s not to like.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

It's a no from me. I have video of us checking in where we cannot hear the person behind the desk because a live band is playing in the foyer.

The pool was lovely when it was just a girl playing her guitar and singing but later was far too noisy with a DJ and rock music.

We now stay at RPR, much calmer. Just what we need after the hectic nature of the parks.

I should say that both myself and Ds1 are introverts so like the quiet to unwind. If you are extrovert then it would probably be a great place for you. The hotel is lovely but the sound level is just too high for us.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
llynnnn
Proud to wear my Ears

Slightly off topic so apologies in advance...but we are staying at RPR, is it possible to use the pool and facilities at Hard Rock for a change one day?

Thanks
llynnnn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Yep, it’s fine. Mind and have a burger from the pool bar. Awesome 😎
Old 7 May 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MamaG
Getting Excited

we have never found it too noisy, we all love it there! from the 9 year old up to the 55 year old
1993 Park Inn International, 1997 Villa 1998 Indian Ridge Oaks. 2015 Windsor Hills, 2016 Disney's Old Key West, Hard Rock Hotel. 2018 Hard Rock Hotel, Disney's Old Key West. July 2020 -December 2020 - July 2021 Cancelled by Covid! Feb 2022 Rosen Inn July 2022 Hard Rock Hotel, Cabana Bay, Disney Dolphin, Emerald Island
MamaG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

We’ve stayed at Hard Rock Club Level before and there were times that the music was too loud in the lounge, either first thing in the morning or late at night. The lounge is quite small and we tended to take our food and drink back to our rooms because the lounge was not very relaxing at all (on numerous occasions during ‘rush hour’ it was difficult to find a free chair or table). However saying that we really liked the HRH and will definitely stay there (including the club level) when we visit Universal again. We really enjoyed the live music around the pool too. I would probably suggest staying at HRH and if you fancy a quiet afternoon visit the quiet pool at Portofino.
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by llynnnn View Post
Slightly off topic so apologies in advance...but we are staying at RPR, is it possible to use the pool and facilities at Hard Rock for a change one day?

Thanks
Just be mindful that you do need your key to access the pool area or the hotel itself from the walkway from Universal/city walk. I'm not sure whether it has to be specifically HRH or whether other universal hotel keys will open the gate x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List