Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 May 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Universal hotel with express pass

Hello,

I'm toying with the idea of booking 1 night at a Universal Hotel (perhaps Hard Rock) in order to get the express pass benefits to save our feet a little during our stay.

Can I ask those who have done it - is it worth it? Also would there be anything to stop 4 of us booking into a room and paying for 4 adults but only 2 staying? I can't imagine sharing a room with my parents so a way of splitting the cost but all getting the benefits (2 rooms with 2 each is double the price of 1 room of 4).

Lastly is the express pass for both days of your stay or just the one and is club level worth it? x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We stayed at Hard Rock for a night during our trip in 2016 and it was worth it 100% for the express passes (you get them for both check-in and check-out day). We will be booking again for our trip in September too... it's the best way to do Universal

I can't see there being any problem with only 2 out of the 4 of you staying overnight. If you all check in together in the morning then you will all receive an express pass. They won't know who comes back to actually stay in the room that night (and from what I gather many people book a room for the passes and then don't actually stay in them at all!)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks thats good to know - it was your trippie that inspired the idea if I'm honest! The express passes for 4 are quite pricey especially as odds are my mum will go on very little at Universal but would be a shame for her to not have one. Its their wedding anniversary while we are there so may be nice for them to stay but us all use the club lounge and express passes together :-)

Did you get a normal room or club level? I've seen from posts you're as nervous as I am about GE ruining all your best laid plans and choice of dates! x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Thanks thats good to know - it was your trippie that inspired the idea if I'm honest! The express passes for 4 are quite pricey especially as odds are my mum will go on very little at Universal but would be a shame for her to not have one. Its their wedding anniversary while we are there so may be nice for them to stay but us all use the club lounge and express passes together :-)

Did you get a normal room or club level? I've seen from posts you're as nervous as I am about GE ruining all your best laid plans and choice of dates! x
Ah that's so lovely to know my TR has helped in your planning! As you will have seen we really loved being able to make the most of the pool too whilst there. We just booked a normal room and it was lovely, no complaints at all (and in reality we barely spent any time in it!). It will be lovely for your parents to stay just the two of them, a perfect anniversary treat!

So nervous about what to expect with GE opening right before our trip... totally not what I was expecting when we booked last year that's for sure! But am trying to stay optimistic as there is nothing that can be done now, what will be will be and all that!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

I plan to have another read some time soon as it was quite a while ago I read them (well before we booked!) and always enjoyed reading your trippies.

I know what you mean - its my parents first and probably only time to Florida so part of me was really excited when it said opening but then the more I've read since and seeing all these extensions to hours the more I think it could be mad busy! x
Old 7 May 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
I plan to have another read some time soon as it was quite a while ago I read them (well before we booked!) and always enjoyed reading your trippies.

I know what you mean - its my parents first and probably only time to Florida so part of me was really excited when it said opening but then the more I've read since and seeing all these extensions to hours the more I think it could be mad busy! x
I definitely sympathise in your concern! This will be our first trip with a toddler... I fear my patience of getting through the crowds with a buggy may not be of the highest level!
Old 7 May 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
I definitely sympathise in your concern! This will be our first trip with a toddler... I fear my patience of getting through the crowds with a buggy may not be of the highest level!
I can imagine it will certainly be a different kind of trip for you! I'm sure it'll be fab and great to see his face light up at the characters (hopefully! )x