Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 May 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
This is what I mean, I think they look really romantic
I have just watched a CBR review on you tube and I’m pretty sure Disney Girl (think she was called that) said the lanterns have gone as they have changed this area. I’ve never been to CBR so have no idea if it’s the same location! I did think it looked really pretty.
We are excited to try somewhere new so are staying at CBR next year. We did POFQ and absolutely loved it last year so I hope I’m making the right decision to try a larger resort. We have stayed in POR for a night and thought it was beautiful. Not really any help to your decision but wherever you stay I’m sure you’ll have a great time.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

I am no help at all, but just wanted to say that I can empathise, as we are in a similar position. I couldn't decide between POFQ and CBR - on booking day, the only one available was a garden view at POFQ, so that's what I booked. Now standard rooms are available at both and I have no idea what to do. We have done the pros and cons lists multiple times and both are still equal, as they have different pros. Switching would save us around £250 (after the £50 amendment) at both. For now, we have decided just to wait and see how other people get on at both over the next few months - in particular, I'm interested in how long people have to wait for the skyliner, as if the queues are massive, that stops being a pro in my opinion. If we miss the chance of switching because they sell out of standard rooms at one or both before I make my mind up, I'm ok with that - we have a garden view booked at a lovely hotel so I can't be disappointed if that's what we end up with.
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Wallefan
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Por room will have been refurbed by the time you go so raised beds and hard flooring. It made a huge difference to me when I was deciding
Old 8 May 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wallefan View Post
Por room will have been refurbed by the time you go so raised beds and hard flooring. It made a huge difference to me when I was deciding
I didn’t know this! The TV’s at CBR looked larger than at POR rooms so I wonder if they are the same now?
My son and I have bad eye sight so the bigger the TV the better
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I had a similar dilemma we've stayed at Por before and loved it but Cbr was cheaper for our dates.
We watched quite a few youtube videos and in the end we agreed that it looks like a great resort esp since the refurbs so we were all happy to try it and I actually managed to book another night onsite for less than Por was going to be for our original stay

I do still have reservations that nagging doubt that maybe I should have stuck with what I know and that maybe the food court isn't as good or we'll miss the boat to disney springs but now its booked I am excited to try somewhere different and make totally new memories
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

We stayed at POR last time and I totally agree it is a beautiful resort, but for my next trip Aug 2020 I have booked CBR.

My reasons are as follows:

I felt I wanted to experience a different resort.

Cost - I had really wanted Beach Club, but 5th sleeper wouldn't be guaranteed and was much more expensive.

I wanted the extra bed, both children are wriggly sleepers so them having separate beds was a massive bonus. I don't think 5th sleeper rooms at POR/POFQ were included in free dining.

It has recently been refurbished so should be shiny and new.

Riviera should be completed by then so no construction work.

The new Skyliner should be in operation. I'm assuming they will still be running buses to these parks as well, so even if there are long queues for Skyliner, this should make the buses quieter.

DS is a massive Pirates fan so will love the shipwreck feature and might want to go on the pirate cruise.

I am really looking forward to staying at Caribbean Beach, I think the main things that swung it were cost, 5th Sleeper, recent refurb and skyliner.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Moana
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

I literally could have written your post myself! Completely in two minds and constantly switching (in my head) between the two hotels. At the moment we’re staying at CBR, but I really want a preferred room, so I’ve decided if by the end of the year no preferred rooms have become available for our dates I’ll make the switch over to POR.

At the moment the skyliner & pool are definitely pulling me towards CBR, but it’s the food options and preferred room that’s making me want POR...

Too much choice 😆
Moana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We’ve stayed at por 3 times. Loved it the first 2 times but switched from cbr with the refurb to por again. Even though we love por and it has the best foodcourt we really regretted not trying somewhere new, it all felt a bit samey.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s done and dusted and we are not changing again! We have decided on CBR
We need to try somewhere different and we will be back so if we don’t like it as much as POR then we will go to POR in future visits!
We will never know unless we try it.
I think my youngest who will be 7 when we go will love the pool theming and the water splash area (please tell me that’s still there! Broken pirate ship)
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Glad to hear you've made a decision CBR is the 4tj resort we've stayed at and we've loved them all for different reasons. Happy to go back to any of them, but also keen to try other resorts too

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List