Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Apr 12, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
zorber
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by florida2010 View Post
I find it very hard to believe that someone can see all of the effort, investment and commitment that DLP have put in to the 20th celebrations and state that there is only one magical Disney park - I've experienced both and they are both magical. The Dreams show has shown how magical DLP can be and at the moment Florida will have some catching up to do.

From the recent annual shareholders meeting DLP has both the resources and the motivation in continuing to develop the parks further and I'm sure the next year or two at DLP will continue to deliver some very magical Disney moments for millions of visitors.

If as you claim there is only one magical Disney park I presume California, Tokyo and Hong Kong are also lacking in Disney magic?
I can only observe the time i was in the parks, 20-24th March. Lots of hoarding up spoiling the magic, no trying to disguse the works they are doing.. Big thunder mountain, pirates of the caribbean closed numerious smaller profile rides closed. Space mountain broke down for an hour, crushes coast broke down. No music on the travelators taking you to the park until Saturday.
A lot less in the way of activities since when we first went to DLP.

I see that they have put on extra shows and parades this week but as a paying guest i feel very disappointed for what i got for my money this time around. They appeared to held back lots of shows and events to get ready for the 20th launch. So as a paying guest i dont feel i received value for money and will not be repeating our trip for some time.

As we have only ever done Florida or Paris then in my view there is only one magical park and DLP can learn a lot from how they do it in florida. This wasnt just my view it was the view from a number of us, we went as a party of 3 families.

Its all very well putting lots of effort into the 20th launch but they need to be consistent with the effort put in for other guests at other times of the year or they will loose repeat business.
Windsor Hills Villa Feb 10, Feb 14, Mar 17
Emerald Island villa Feb 11
zorber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 12, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow! Please tell me this will be on when we go at the end of October (halloween)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 12, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Zorber - the closures were known about months ago - it was because so much is being done for the celebrations. It's why we chose to go in May this year.

Same thing is happening with WDW and Fantasyland.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 12, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
winnie
Proud to wear my Ears

:)

Originally Posted by florida2010 View Post
That was a truly awesome Disney moment and the theme of the show is so fitting to France with all of the character references - the bit where the castle becomes the Eiffel Tower is cool. Loved the rocket sequence from Aladdin and the Enchanted piece with the Disney princesses worked so well. Absolutely loved ever second of this. Can't wait to now see this in person.

This really has to put DLP centre stage at the moment of all of the Disney parks.
Just back and the Show was fantastic, loved every minute of it and With the unseasonable warm weather even thought we were in Florida for a few minutes, Hope everybody who is going will enjoy it as much as me and my family did .
winnie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 12, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
florida2010
Imagineer

florida2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 177
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
Just back and the Show was fantastic, loved every minute of it and With the unseasonable warm weather even thought we were in Florida for a few minutes, Hope everybody who is going will enjoy it as much as me and my family did .
Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Just came across another version of the show which has an extra 3-4 minutes at the end not seen in earlier versions:

Hope they release a CD of all of the 20th celebration music. With all of the new merchandise coming out in the shops did you see if they had a new CD yet? It would seem silly if they didn't do this.
| First Disney Cruise & Beach Club August 2015 | Cane Island July 2016 & Dream Cruise
florida2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 12, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
florida2010
Imagineer

florida2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 177
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by zorber View Post
I can only observe the time i was in the parks, 20-24th March. Lots of hoarding up spoiling the magic, no trying to disguse the works they are doing.. Big thunder mountain, pirates of the caribbean closed numerious smaller profile rides closed. Space mountain broke down for an hour, crushes coast broke down. No music on the travelators taking you to the park until Saturday.
A lot less in the way of activities since when we first went to DLP.

I see that they have put on extra shows and parades this week but as a paying guest i feel very disappointed for what i got for my money this time around. They appeared to held back lots of shows and events to get ready for the 20th launch. So as a paying guest i dont feel i received value for money and will not be repeating our trip for some time.

As we have only ever done Florida or Paris then in my view there is only one magical park and DLP can learn a lot from how they do it in florida. This wasnt just my view it was the view from a number of us, we went as a party of 3 families.

Its all very well putting lots of effort into the 20th launch but they need to be consistent with the effort put in for other guests at other times of the year or they will loose repeat business.
Sounds like you arrived for the party a week or so too early. A great deal of effort and work has gone in to getting ready for the 20th and as Gill said the work needed to get things ready has been extremely well documented so I'd have expected hoarding etc during the time you were there. The same has been going on in Florida for some months now so I don't see how DLP could have done anything different. To make upgrades etc you need to actually do the work which leads to disruption. Sorry to hear you didn't have a great time and looking at all of the upgrades now rolling out with lots more to come I hope this hasn't put you off DLP in the future.

All of the Disney parks are different which is the whole point and expecting Florida in France or say France in Tokyo etc is an unreasonable expectation and expecting each park to simply copy Florida wouldn't be sensible.

Personally we love Florida but we also love DLP because they are different. They all have Disney magic and they all echo their local culture as well as the new Dreams show well demonstrates.
| First Disney Cruise & Beach Club August 2015 | Cane Island July 2016 & Dream Cruise
florida2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 12, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

When went to WDW Fantasyland had great big boards up. Yes it is not the best way to see it. I would give it another chance now the celebrations have started.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 12, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post

apologies if this has been asked and answered numerous times - but, is this show on all year? (specifically july 1st?) I ask as, for our last 3 disney trips we have only managed to see fireworks once as we tend to go the week before they gear up for the 'summer' season. however this year seems to be a little different for the 20th celebration - is this correct?
Old 5 Apr 12, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow, gave me goose bumps!
Old 5 Apr 12, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread