Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 Jun 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

I'm going to get fully changed into street clothes for sure.

I wouldn't dream of getting into a taxi unless I was fully dry anway as I said originally, trust me I can do without any potential for hassle!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
Personally, being the prude I am I think travelling on public transportation in swimwear is unacceptable. Maybe you children are fine in trunks and a top, but as a mother, I would want to be properly covered. As my mother used to say "What if you get in an accident?"
I know what you mean but as a lady in my 50s I wear a knee length swimdress and a floor length dress over the top. Hahaha, there's no way I wouldn't be properly covered!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

One tip I read was to take a photo of the car seat when you leave so you can prove you didn't cause damage. Also if the driver sees you doing that they might be less likely to try and pull a fast one on you!
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mermaidhair View Post
One tip I read was to take a photo of the car seat when you leave so you can prove you didn't cause damage. Also if the driver sees you doing that they might be less likely to try and pull a fast one on you!
A very good idea thank you
I'm going without my husband for the first time and I'm trying to plan everything to avoid hassle and stress wherever I can!
Old 23 Jun 18, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I'm going to take some dry clothes with me when I go to TL - I'll be using a locker and underwear won't take up much room in it. I'm staying at POFQ and I remember staying at POR when it was Dixie Landings and being able to get a bus direct between the resort and TL. Shame it's now via Disney Springs. Is the bus stop at DS anywhere near the area where you can get the boat back to PO? If not I'll just get 2 buses.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Peterhendo
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Uber was fine with me and my girlfriend discovery cove volcano bay and typhoon lagoon changed into dry clothes and had a shopping carrier bag for the wet things plonked tthem on the floor of the car everyone was fine with that
Peterhendo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Today I got a nice new big beach bag to carry all the swimwear on way back!

This might have sounded a silly Q but not having a car and chauffer for first time ever in USA I'm having to ask a lot of stuff!
Old 23 Jun 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Today I got a nice new big beach bag to carry all the swimwear on way back!

This might have sounded a silly Q but not having a car and chauffer for first time ever in USA I'm having to ask a lot of stuff!
I'm the opposite. It's been years since I've been able to drive for health reasons so getting public transport etc is part of my life. After going to a water park I wouldn't dream of getting on a bus or in a taxi without changing into dry clothes. It only takes a few minutes.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I'm the opposite. It's been years since I've been able to drive for health reasons so getting public transport etc is part of my life. After going to a water park I wouldn't dream of getting on a bus or in a taxi without changing into dry clothes. It only takes a few minutes.
Thanks, yes, I said in my very first post that I would change into day wear if thats what people did.
(Having never done it before (caught a taxi in Orlando) I wanted to know what people did. So I asked and was told. Now I know and have planned accordingly ).

I never wanted to avoid a few minutes of changing, it was more of wondering if people waited until they were prefectly dry before getting in a taxi. (Never dreamed of being so rude as to get into a taxi wet, as I said in my first post. Plus never dreamed of getting into a taxi half naked - I wear way more coverage to a waterpark than most people wear on a day out to Magic Kingdom! )

We've organised now that we are getting changed into day wear, how we are going to do it and more importantly, who is going to lug the bag!

Can't wait!