Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jun 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
swintonlad
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

no not got ge just normal tourist go once a year had pre check for last 3 visits
swintonlad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
RubyLovesUSA
Trading Disney Pins

Quick Q ... if one of us has TSA precheck (its the teenager age 14) and her mum & dad (us) don't, will she have to go through TSA on her own? Would like to pre-warn her as not to alarm... Thanks in advance
1989 - First ever trip to Orlando, Miami & Keys hotel, 1993 hotel, 1994 hotel, 1996 hotel, 1997 hotel, 1999 hotel, 2000 DTD hotel, 2002 hotel, 2006 first with DD Villa, 2007 Villa, 2009 Villa, 2010 Villa, 2012 Villa, 2015 Villa for 10, 2018 Hotel just us 3, 2020 / 2021 NYC, 2023 hotel back to orlando, and 2024 hotel back again with the 'now grown up' kids again!
RubyLovesUSA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DebsMK
Very Serious Dibber

We also got this on our boarding passes flying into Tampa. We had no idea what it was and as it said TSA we weren't sure if there was something different for us to do when we landed in Tampa. Couldn't find a different queue, in fact we were in Tampa for 1.5 hours, I think the longest time ever! My husband still got the usual X on his machine printout! Couldn't print our passes on the way back to Gatwick, but didn't notice it on there.

Back soon!
DebsMK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RubyLovesUSA View Post
Quick Q ... if one of us has TSA precheck (its the teenager age 14) and her mum & dad (us) don't, will she have to go through TSA on her own? Would like to pre-warn her as not to alarm... Thanks in advance
Yes, if she wants to, but if she doesn't want to go on her own, she can go through the regular line with you

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
RubyLovesUSA
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by TGT View Post
Yes, if she wants to, but if she doesn't want to go on her own, she can go through the regular line with you
Fabulous, thank you for answering That really helps
1989 - First ever trip to Orlando, Miami & Keys hotel, 1993 hotel, 1994 hotel, 1996 hotel, 1997 hotel, 1999 hotel, 2000 DTD hotel, 2002 hotel, 2006 first with DD Villa, 2007 Villa, 2009 Villa, 2010 Villa, 2012 Villa, 2015 Villa for 10, 2018 Hotel just us 3, 2020 / 2021 NYC, 2023 hotel back to orlando, and 2024 hotel back again with the 'now grown up' kids again!
RubyLovesUSA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DebsMK View Post
We also got this on our boarding passes flying into Tampa. We had no idea what it was and as it said TSA we weren't sure if there was something different for us to do when we landed in Tampa. Couldn't find a different queue, in fact we were in Tampa for 1.5 hours, I think the longest time ever! My husband still got the usual X on his machine printout! Couldn't print our passes on the way back to Gatwick, but didn't notice it on there.
Hi Debs, TSA Pre is a separate queue when going thro security for departure, not, to my knowledge, upon arrival. I'm reading your post that you thought it was for arrival into TPA and apologise if I'm mis-reading
Old 9 Aug 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Dibbing with Tink

My PIL has this on our trip last year. They’d been to Vegas in the Feb and the agent in PHL told them they were prechecked as they’d travelled within 12 months.

It was our first visit and they declined to use it opting to stay with us as a family group.

x

DLP Cheyenne 1999, Day trip 2001, DCR 2011, Cheyenne 2014, DCR 2015, DCR 2023
Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017
First time on-site CSR March 2025
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DebsMK
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Debs, TSA Pre is a separate queue when going thro security for departure, not, to my knowledge, upon arrival. I'm reading your post that you thought it was for arrival into TPA and apologise if I'm mis-reading
Hi Chris, this is why I was confused, we had TSA Pre-check printed on our boarding passes on the way out from Gatwick. I had no idea if it meant something different could be done at Tampa or if it was an error or something. Bit strange

Back soon!
DebsMK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
our return on AA this year mco-phi-gla - our 14 yo son had tsa approved on both legs of his return but the other 4 of us didn't so he just came through normal queue with us - didn't fancy standing the other side on his own for 20 minutes.
Old 5 Sep 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
murdi
Very Serious Dibber

We fly tomorrow from Heathrow to JFK with BA. Our boarding passes have TSA PRECHECK printed on them. Even after reading through the thread I'm still not sure how this works. Is it a special queue at Heathrow or one at JFK? If it's at Heathrow I'm assuming it doesn't really matter as we're flying down from Glasgow and will follow "flight connections" signs and not have to go through security again anyway.
Ta.
murdi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List