Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Aug 18, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JANELOU View Post
Hi,
We are travelling the same route mid week and will be driving up to Orlando. Which route did you take, we were planning on the Turnpike. Enjoy your holiday.
Yes same route on the turnpike, it’s a Boring route but the quickest, driving through the SunPass toll lanes is the best saves stopping.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Hi,
We are travelling the same route mid week and will be driving up to Orlando. Which route did you take, we were planning on the Turnpike. Enjoy your holiday.
We also did the turnpike and stopped off at The Drum service plaza half way for a coffee
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
JANELOU
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by lazzareo View Post
We also did the turnpike and stopped off at The Drum service plaza half way for a coffee
We land at 2ish.. What time did u land and how long did the drive take? Was it straight forward finding the turnpike from the airport, looking at the map you head towards the i95. Enjoy your holiday.
JANELOU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We land at 2ish.. What time did u land and how long did the drive take? Was it straight forward finding the turnpike from the airport, looking at the map you head towards the i95. Enjoy your holiday.
Yes taright up the 95 doddle 9f a drive little busy at the beginning but easy after FLL we were probably 9n the same flight AA landed 215 we were on our way by 4 aft3 screwing up car hire and feeding DD who had eaten noth8ng 8n the plane. Staying overnight for me is a waste of day I know others disagree but I would rather spend one day travell8ng than 2
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Staying overnight for me is a waste of day I know others disagree but I would rather spend one day travelling than 2
I've done the journey in one go and also done the stopover. I think it depends on itinerary and when you land as would defo do the drive in one go again. Very easy drive and plenty of services to take a break at.
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Firstly there is “no need” to use that allowance it’s a choice.

As you said it’s all about give and take I would not recline I fact I only recline if the person in front or behind me does (if in economy) as I know it makes other people uncomftable. There are loads of things that you can do on a plane that annoy or reduce the comfort of others in flights but most people don’t because they are considerate.

Do you honestly think that I should have to put my small bag away from me because others have huge bags ? Do you disagree that if everyone took smaller hand luggage that there would never be an issue with lockers ?

Surely knowing that bringing large amounts of hand luggage will take up more space than in the bin above your seat is a very selfish thing to do.
You and I are never going to agree over this, so I’ll leave it at that.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
You and I are never going to agree over this, so I’ll leave it at that.
Are you not able to even agree that if everyone only brought on board a personal item only that there would be space for everyone where they wanted it ?
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sevcunto View Post
The airline sets a hand baggage policy - if the people are bringing that with them then what rule are they breaking - none. If you can't board early enough to secure some space above your seat then tough tittie. If you moved my bag to make space for your bag then I can assure you that would be brought to the cabin crews attention, during which time I'd probably tell you about the benefits of a throw away booking I made at my destination. I think a heads gone moment would be impending and better than any IFE.

Seriously think you need to chill as
If you want to talk about rules what rule do you think I would breaking by removing your bag from the bin above my seat ? Answer none, so crying to the cabin crew would do no good.

I have done it before and if I have to fly Economy no doubt I will be doing it again and the cabin crew if have to get involved will do the same again move the bag I have removed somewhere else or get the owner to stow it under the seat in front of them everyone is happy
Old 12 Aug 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

That's just crazy talk. Every week for years I travelled with a cabin bag the maximum size permitted by the airline to avoid having to turn up early at the airport to bag drop and to avoid waiting on arrival to reclaim my bag (repeat for the return journey). Why waste time.
Bring in what you want as long as it does not effect me, if it does effect me I will address it back to you and then it’s your problem not mine.

Very simply if everyone brings one small bag there is no issue, but as it does not suit you think it’s ok to do what you want it’s not if it effects other people regardless of whether it’s allowed or not.

There are hundreds of things we can do every day that are allowed that will have negative effect on other people some of us do it some of us don’t. I very much fall into the do unto others camp however I will not put up with people doing selfish things that effect me or my family moving cases is just one example of that.
Old 12 Aug 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

the irony is what you've just described makes you more selfish than the people who put their luggage up before you.
Very well put

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List