Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 May 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

So let me get this clear in my mind. It's gonna start at CBR,then AOA and PC then go onto Epcot and Hollywood studios?
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
So let me get this clear in my mind. It's gonna start at CBR,then AOA and PC then go onto Epcot and Hollywood studios?
This may be wrong but I got the idea that there were 3 "lines" (to use a train-related term).

One line goes between CBR and Epcot.
One line goes between CBR and Hollywood Studios.
One line goes between CBR and a station in the area between AOA and PC.

Thus, those wanting to go from Epcot to HS would hop on a cable car to CBR and change at CBR onto a cable car to HS.

Of course, I could be wrong and there may only be two lines - for example, the first two might be combined into one line going from Epcot to HS passing through CBR.

Here's a guess at the plan:

Note that there isn't a direct route between Epcot and HS; you have to go via CBR.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Haveforkwilleat
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
Just had a flashback to being on one of them in the 80s when I felt sick as convinced my 7 year old nephew was going to wriggle though the bars and fall to his death.
Nothing wrong with the ones at Butlins Ayr, they were in enclosed cages with two people facing each other
Haveforkwilleat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
J&C
Proud to wear my Ears

J&C's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Personally I think cablecars are a bit old-hat. I would much rather see the monorail upgraded with new trains, lines and stations.
Feb 2013 - Villa/Hilton Downtown DisneyJan 2015 - Disney's Port Orleans Resort/Buena Vista Palace - the Engagement trip! Mar 2016 - Disney's Caribbean Beach ResortNov 2016 - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Nov 2017 - Disney Wedding, Yacht Club & Animal Kingdom LodgeNov 2018-Saratoga Springs Resort Nov 2019-Disney's Yacht Club Resort
J&C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by J&C View Post
Personally I think cablecars are a bit old-hat. I would much rather see the monorail upgraded with new trains, lines and stations.
I've no idea how much the cable cars will cost, but I'd guess significantly less than monorail expansion (which is massively pricey!)
Old 20 Jun 17, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I've no idea how much the cable cars will cost, but I'd guess significantly less than monorail expansion (which is massively pricey!)
Much much MUCH less

Besides, its different, slightly quirky by modern standards, take on Disney transport.

What it does do is make the Epcot area, even more than it is now, THE place to base yourself when visiting Disney World. The transport links and ability to walk most places is unique withing the "world".
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 17, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by J&C View Post
I think we'd all like the monorail to be upgraded and new lines added. But it would cost far too much, so it's unlikely to happen.

Monorails are a bit old-hat as well. Disney should build a vactrain system instead.

As I posted back in post #47, the cable-cars can look quite futuristic if it's purely the design of them that puts you off.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
This may be wrong but I got the idea that there were 3 "lines" (to use a train-related term).

One line goes between CBR and Epcot.
One line goes between CBR and Hollywood Studios.
One line goes between CBR and a station in the area between AOA and PC.

Thus, those wanting to go from Epcot to HS would hop on a cable car to CBR and change at CBR onto a cable car to HS.

Of course, I could be wrong and there may only be two lines - for example, the first two might be combined into one line going from Epcot to HS passing through CBR.

Here's a guess at the plan:

Note that there isn't a direct route between Epcot and HS; you have to go via CBR.
Yes 3 lines like you say.

confirmation from the Reedy Creek Improvement District which indicates that there will be six stations with three lines connecting Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Epcot, Caribbean Beach Resort, and lake area between Pop Century and Art of Animation Resorts.

Each gondola would hold 10 guests, and the system will be built by the renowned European manufacturer Doppelmayr, which is the world’s leading builder of cable cars like this. The project will be supervised by Walt Disney Imagineering, and is currently progressing under codename “The Italian Job.”
Old 21 Jun 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
How scooter-friendly are they likely to be? I'm not sure I like the idea of dangling sitting in a heavy machine, tbh.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
Much much MUCH less

Besides, its different, slightly quirky by modern standards, take on Disney transport.

What it does do is make the Epcot area, even more than it is now, THE place to base yourself when visiting Disney World. The transport links and ability to walk most places is unique withing the "world".

agree completely
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I think we'd all like the monorail to be upgraded and new lines added. But it would cost far too much, so it's unlikely to happen.

Monorails are a bit old-hat as well. Disney should build a vactrain system instead.

As I posted back in post #47, the cable-cars can look quite futuristic if it's purely the design of them that puts you off.

The cable cars near Excel / O2 (Emirates) look pretty cool too, I think you're right about the modern design.

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
Yes 3 lines like you say.

confirmation from the Reedy Creek Improvement District which indicates that there will be six stations with three lines connecting Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Epcot, Caribbean Beach Resort, and lake area between Pop Century and Art of Animation Resorts.

Each gondola would hold 10 guests, and the system will be built by the renowned European manufacturer Doppelmayr, which is the world’s leading builder of cable cars like this. The project will be supervised by Walt Disney Imagineering, and is currently progressing under codename “The Italian Job.”
The Italian job love it!