Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jun 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
I don't understand it at all. We had pre check coming from Miami to Grand Cayman (on AA). We'd already had a problem where the check in machine had told my DH he needed a visa, but not me so we went to a desk.

What I don't understand is that just because an airline employee has seen and verified your passport is yours means that you hardly go through any security procedures, ie shoes and belts still on, laptop and liquids still in bags. Doesn't sound very secure to me. I'd rather they were rigorous with everyone.
Hiya Chris - it's their way of attempting to cut down on huge queues. As you say, no removal of shoes et al., but you're still scanned, luggage checked thro the X-Ray machine. Our case was tugged last May, and this, to double check an item. Pre is aimed at 'safe/known' travellers; GE members, visa holders and frequent travellers, a huge bonus for those of us approved as navigation is so much smoother and faster. I take Pre as a 'being known' compliment
Old 5 Jun 18, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Mobile

TSA Pre is of course not new, but BA’s participation is, BA only joined a few weeks ago and it’s still not fully implemented.

For example, if you’re entitled to TSA Pre it is not yet available on mobile boarding passes; you have to get a printed BP. You also can’t yet put your Known Traveller Number in your profile, it has to be entered booking by booking. These things will hopefully be updated soon.

For those who get it randomly, just keep an eye out if flying BA from the US, it might appear on your BP.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

So if you print out your boarding pass at home will pre check be printed on top of page. Normally Virgin take our boarding passes and reissue us at airport.. I only ever check my seat number.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
So if you print out your boarding pass at home will pre check be printed on top of page. Normally Virgin take our boarding passes and reissue us at airport.. I only ever check my seat number.
Yes, TSA Pre is on self print or VA check-in desk printed boarding cards
Old 5 Jun 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We got TSA pre check for the whole family this year at MCO. We have flown to Florida for 12 years now - only once a year, so not 'frequent' compared to lots of travellers - but our son did get chosen for additional checks at Manchester on the way out this trip.
Old 5 Jun 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

My wife and daughter both got this last year at MCO so they sailed through while I was in a 30 minute queue, daughter also got selected for extra checks at Manchester on the way out.
Old 5 Jun 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
I will add that this is perfectly random

you can be precheck for one trip and not be precheck for tne next trip

also note that you can only use the precheck line if ALL party members have the precheck mention on their Boarding passes (non precheck party members cannot accompany you in the precheck line)

we were precheck 3 or 4 years ago, then we never had that since then.

You can get permanent precheck status by joining and paying for Global Entry, if you're eligible.
Yes, this was exactly our experience coming home last month. I got it but DH didn't so it was a bit of a waste of time as I had to wait for him anyway. The security guy told me it's a completely random selection.
Old 5 Jun 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

We got it this year through Tampa with BA although we didn’t no what it was so went to the regular que only to be sent back into a TSA que, didn’t really make much difference as Tampa was so quiet anyway.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
FloRidaLvr
VIP Dibber

We got it last week for the first time , booked thru BA but travelling on AA Miami to London. Was great to get thru security so quickly especially at MIA .

However when doing self check in at the machines it knocked me back and an official said to proceed I had to put my ESTA expiry date in ... yikes , luckily I had printed it off and brought it with me.
Florida 95 to 2006, Mexico/Belize 2007, Florida 08 to 2012, California Apr 13, Detroit/Florida April 14 , Naples Nov 14, AMI May 15 , Naples Nov 15, West Coast May 16, AMI Nov 16, Naples Nov 17 , AMI May 18, Naples Nov 18, AMI May 19 , Naples Nov 19, AMI May 22, Bonita Springs Nov 22, Bonita Springs May 23
FloRidaLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

We've always been given it jointly (travelling couple I assume)... sheesh I simply can't lose the begger