Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Jun 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
NikkiT
slightly serious Dibber

American Arlines help

Hi

We are going indirect with American Arlines for the first time this year and I’m struggling to find answers on their website, so I wonder if anyone here can help...

Our tickets show we have booked economy and includes food, on the longer legs of the journeys. I understand there are seat back TVs on these legs too but on the short hop we don’t get food or TVs which is not a problem.

Can anyone help with onboard drinks? Their website seems indicate basic economy which doesn’t ...

What about the luggage is it 23kg and 10kg ?

Thanks Nikki
1998 Villa 2000 Southern Dunes 2004 Southern Dunes - Wedding & Honeymoon! 2005 Southern Dunes 2007 Best Western Lakeside just the 2 of us 2010 Best Western Lakeside & toddler makes 3! 2012 Indian Creek 2013 Indian Creek 2014 Indian Creek 2015 Indian Creek for my 40th! 2016 1st time on site @ CBR 2017 1st time @ POR 2018 1st time @ Halloween & CBR again 2019 Indian Creek 2020 Cancelled 2023 Indian Creek
NikkiT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ski
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Hi. We flew indirect last year with AA and are again next month. We had seat back tv and meals, snack and all drinks (including alcoholic) on the long leg. On the internal leg we were pleasantly surprised as again we had seat back TVs and snack with drinks, but not free alcoholic drinks. I’m not sure if this is the case on all flights but that’s what we experienced last year. As you have a through ticket the luggage limit will be 23kg on both flights. If anyone knows any different I’d also like to know.
ski is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

We flew indirect with AA from MAN-PHL-MCO and back last year, we had free meals with alcoholic and soft drinks and set back tv's on the MAN-PHL and PHL to Man legs, on the internal flights we got free soft drinks and a pack of biscuits. On the flight from PHL to MCO we had overhead TV's but nothing on the way back from MCO-PHL.

You will have 23 kilos hold luggage, a carry on size bag (it can be over 10 kilos) and 1 personal item (handbag size) on all flights as long as you are booked on one through ticket.

If you download the AA app to your tablet or phone you can watch movies on it through there app and it doesn't need wifi, so you can have entertainment on the internal flights if you want it.
Old 14 Jun 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post

If you go onto seat guru and look at your flights / dates etc it should be able to tell you whether or not you will have seat back tv on your internal flights. We have had some AA flights with and some without. Some that have had screens have a few free to view things like a couple of TED talks, some news / current affairs type stuff. Others are wholly pay. TBH our kids just use their phones all the time anyway. Me - I nap !

As said above drinks and snack on the short hop. Depending how long the hop is you may get two go arounds. Think we had pop and pretzels followed by tea and pizza roll type thing; but that was Dallas Orlando. Orlando - JFK and Orlando - Atlanta have been single snack.

Dont forget you can grab something portable when shifting between flights if your timings work out too.

I really like AA - along with a lot of the other US based carriers over the UK ones. The crew seem slightly older and often more mellow. The ife on our return flight from Chicago last year was amazeballs. Quoting my DD there, but I have to agree

I would say though that you are a little way out. Go onto your AA booking and make sure that your mobile number is in the box for autoupdates and that should let you know if there are any changes to the flight times. The domestic routes timetables do seem to be pretty fluid for a lot longer than they would be in the UK - and this way you are advised immediately. You can also get it to tell you details of your onflight whilst you are en-route. Gates, any delays etc. This can be really helpful if there are any changes or unexpected delays with your first flight.

Enjoy.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
NikkiT
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks all for your replies and hints x
1998 Villa 2000 Southern Dunes 2004 Southern Dunes - Wedding & Honeymoon! 2005 Southern Dunes 2007 Best Western Lakeside just the 2 of us 2010 Best Western Lakeside & toddler makes 3! 2012 Indian Creek 2013 Indian Creek 2014 Indian Creek 2015 Indian Creek for my 40th! 2016 1st time on site @ CBR 2017 1st time @ POR 2018 1st time @ Halloween & CBR again 2019 Indian Creek 2020 Cancelled 2023 Indian Creek
NikkiT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List