Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 Jun 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Uber (taxis in general) back from waterparks

Hi, never taken a taxi anywhere in Florida so on a steep learning curve for our last minute trip without a car!

Obviously we will make sure we are dry before getting in a taxi coming back from a waterpark but just wondered what peoples experiences were?

Would it be easier to just take non-swimwear to wear back to avoid any awkward conversations? It would be more stuff to lug about but if I need to I will. I just want to avoid any forseeable hassles.

Or is the fact that you are dry OK to travel in swimwear. (I will have swwimwear covered by a matching beach dress thingy and my boys would be in swimshorts and a t shirt on top).

thanks

Thanks!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

you’ll be fine with an extra light layer over the top of your swim wear eg shorts and t. If you’re booking Uber you can always add that as a message. They’ll probs only be bothered if you’re wet

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fatboyslick View Post
you’ll be fine with an extra light layer over the top of your swim wear eg shorts and t. If you’re booking Uber you can always add that as a message. They’ll probs only be bothered if you’re wet
Cheers for this

Am wondering now if it going to be harder getting ubers back from waterparks as they might be more reluctant to accept the job in CASE people are wet? I didn't realise you could add a message! Lots to learn!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Are you staying on site? If so just get Disney transport
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dvc View Post
Are you staying on site? If so just get Disney transport
No, on this trip we are off site and for warerparks will only be visiting Aquatica, Discovery Cove and possibly Volcano Bay

Edited at 03:23 PM.
Old 22 Jun 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

I really would be careful as have seen multiple reports of people being charged cleaning fees coming back from waterparks even when they weren't wet! They have usually been able to get them refunded but it has made me a bit wary about using Uber for TL or BB.
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Personally, being the prude I am I think travelling on public transportation in swimwear is unacceptable. Maybe you children are fine in trunks and a top, but as a mother, I would want to be properly covered. As my mother used to say "What if you get in an accident?"
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mermaidhair View Post
I really would be careful as have seen multiple reports of people being charged cleaning fees coming back from waterparks even when they weren't wet! They have usually been able to get them refunded but it has made me a bit wary about using Uber for TL or BB.
ooh dear!
Im wondering now about changing completely into dry day wear. But whats to stop them still saying someone is / was wet!?
Old 22 Jun 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
ooh dear!
Im wondering now about changing completely into dry day wear. But whats to stop them still saying someone is / was wet!?
Because they picked you up at a water park!

If in doubt take some dry wear, there’s lockers

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

If you are really concerned, change your clothes (sometimes dry on the outside is still wet underneath and can leave a damp spot). If you are wearing street clothes it would be harder form someone to accuse you of being damp.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List