Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Aug 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't use TA either, don't see the point on an easy holiday like Florida.

I have read the other Florida Masters thread but not commented on it, as whilst I do understand the annoyance, I am struggling to understand it to quite the level of outrage it appears to have provoked in so many. The OP still has holiday and flights.

So they have cancelled and rebooked flights, which they are entitled to do per the T&C that somebody posted and as apparently is normal industry practice. I would be a little annoyed to lose my pre-booked seats too, but I would not be working myself up into such a tizz about it, as it could happen anyway. Obviously FM should be returning calls a lot better.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
pav438
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post

I have read the other Florida Masters thread but not commented on it, as whilst I do understand the annoyance, I am struggling to understand it to quite the level of outrage it appears to have provoked in so many. The OP still has holiday and flights.

So they have cancelled and rebooked flights, which they are entitled to do per the T&C that somebody posted and as apparently is normal industry practice. I would be a little annoyed to lose my pre-booked seats too, but I would not be working myself up into such a tizz about it, as it could happen anyway. Obviously FM should be returning calls a lot better.

Wow
pav438 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I think the outrage is from the poor service and total disregard of their duty of care to the customer. If it was just one small issue it would be an annoyance but they have managed to mess up car hire in addition to the flights and not communicated properly at any stage. The other recent thread booking two passengers from a large group on a different flight was also totally ridiculous.

The outrage is probably the culmination of so many negative stories in short space of time. I personally totally get the outrage.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
melsy5
Helping Minnie

I agree. I long ago learned that TA were not to be trusted and in the 30 odd trips we have done, I have never found a better deal with a TA compared to DIY. If you post some details OP as to dates etc there are lots of experienced travellers who are more than happy to help you find a good deal

Practically Perfect In Every Way
melsy5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by pav438 View Post
Wow
Wow what? I have simply said that I do not understand the level of outrage on that thread, that is all. I have not even said that I disagree, I have said that I do not quite understand considering they still have holiday and flights etc. Good grief is nobody ever allowed to think differently on here. Different points of view are sometimes helpful you know.

Originally Posted by DiscoD6381 View Post
I think the outrage is from the poor service and total disregard of their duty of care to the customer. If it was just one small issue it would be an annoyance but they have managed to mess up car hire in addition to the flights and not communicated properly at any stage. The other recent thread booking two passengers from a large group on a different flight was also totally ridiculous.

The outrage is probably the culmination of so many negative stories in short space of time. I personally totally get the outrage.
I don't use TAs, in fact I had never heard of them and have not seen anything else about them or any car hire issue. I did say that they should be better about responding to customers.

However a lot of the outrage definitely seemed to be about being cancelled and rebooked on the same flight and, and with no offence intended to anyone, no I do not understand the outrage over that. And yes I know they lost seats, which as I already said would annoy me but probably not to this extent..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Wow what? I have simply said that I do not understand the level of outrage on that thread, that is all. I have not even said that I disagree, I have said that I do not quite understand considering they still have holiday and flights etc. Good grief is nobody ever allowed to think differently on here. Different points of view are sometimes helpful you know.

I don't use TAs, in fact I had never heard of them and have not seen anything else about them or any car hire issue. I did say that they should be better about responding to customers.

However a lot of the outrage definitely seemed to be about being cancelled and rebooked on the same flight and, and with no offence intended to anyone, no I do not understand the outrage over that. And yes I know they lost seats, which as I already said would annoy me but probably not to this extent..
You've never heard of travel agents? 🤔🤔
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I think that this ‘losing your seat’ issue is rather interesting.

Traditionally when this has happened, the disgruntled passenger has blamed the airline.

I am now wondering hw many ta’s have taken money and carried out a seat allocation on behalf of the passenger, but in the almost certain knowledge that at a later date they would likely cancel the flight (and therefore the seat reservation).

If so doing, it is very poor practice indeed because when taking the seat reservation money, the passenger should expect , all things being equal to get the seat.

It makes it very tempting not to bother if booking through an independent ta... not that I now ever will.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The car hire issue was pretty far in the the thread(could be a tolkein series it's so long) and it was resolved reasonably quickly to FMs credit I suppose. Everyone has different tolerances to these things so I totally respect your view on it. I suppose it depends on attitudes to travel agents. I probably view it that you pay a premium to avoid hassle and the difficulty of doing it yourself (I know it's not that hard really). The reality can turn out to be very different with the stories we see on here.

I find it sad to see people's holidays being tarnished and potentially ruined by the action or inaction of travel agents when we are all the same and work hard so we can have a great time with our families or friends on holiday.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

On a positive note the TA involved might have a read the comments and be altering it's practices - after all they all monitor forums like this so that they can improve the customer experience
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Originally Posted by blades View Post
On a positive note the TA involved might have a read the comments and be altering it's practices - after all they all monitor forums like this so that they can improve the customer experience
I was thinking that myself - Hope they do read this and they can see what people get annoyed about. And maybe get a bit better at following through with information etc.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List