Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Aug 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Maryj
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile Flying tomorrow, not all boarding passes issued at check in

We’re flying from Dublin to Orlando via Chicago tomorrow. We’ve just done the online checkin, but only three of the boarding passes have been issued. My husbands will be issued at the airport tomorrow. I’m guessing he may get extra screening.
We are taking our 15 year old who has autism and have notified the airport about this. This is our 12th trip to Orlando and we’ve never had any problems. I’m just a bit concerned that everything will be okay.
Has this happened to many of you? Thanks
Maryj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I see threads like this several times a week so ...
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
choccyface
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This happened to me last year - whilst dh and 2 sons went through the normal security I went. In a different queue and had to sit at a table whilst they swabbed my hands, feet, power up iPad/kindle etc. I also had my name called out prior to boarding the plane and my name ticked off (along with about 30 others) then ticked again as I got on.
Dh and my boys sat at the end of the security watching what was being done and found it highly amusing when my feet got done (they smell!) they could have walked off tho and waited for me at the exit.
I don’t know your son but work with many autistic children at high school. Maybe a social story around extra checks at the airport? Hope everything goes ok
choccyface is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s a couple of extra questions at check in and a check of your hand luggage at the gate. No biggie. It happens to more people these days as the USA are stricter.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
It’s a couple of extra questions at check in and a check of your hand luggage at the gate. No biggie. It happens to more people these days as the USA are stricter.
We had this 3 weeks ago and it was exactly this...no problem at all. I think it happens to a significant percentage of travellers for each plane. It’s also random so I guess there is no issue with profiling of any kind. My 20 yr old daughter was selected (we had the message come up when we did online check in, saying due to regulations this passenger must be checked in at the airport) and it was basically a more thorough check of her hand luggage at the gate. It was done to the side at a specially set up table, and it was visible to others (understandably as these things are also meant to act as a deterrent) but it was very friendly and smiley and several other people were waiting or had just been checked, it was really very straight forward and not a problem.
TinkerBabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Maryj
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Thank you for this, we will warn DS what may happen to his Dad. We should be preboarded as DS has the lanyard recognised by Dublin Airport. His needs have also been recognised by the airline.
Hopefully all will be okay, he will always opt to go with his Dad, so he will need to be prepared to understand he might need to stay with me.
Maryj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are in the same position. Just logged onto do online check in and its not available for hubby. Am 10 mins on hold to AL but just hung up after reading this! Will tell hubbie now! Thanks everyone
Old 5 Aug 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
We are in the same position. Just logged onto do online check in and its not available for hubby. Am 10 mins on hold to AL but just hung up after reading this! Will tell hubbie now! Thanks everyone
Honestly nothing to worry about, it added probably 3 extra minutes to our boarding time. The check in agent mentioned to my daughter that she had been selected (she had the ‘sss’ printed on her boarding pass) and she said it’s very common and nothing to worry about, and she was correct 😊
Old 5 Aug 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

It's happened to us, it seems to be a more regular occurrence
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Happened to me at Glasgow. We flew with delta. If you look at your boarding card when you eventually get it it will have ssss printed on it. Just means you have extra security before boarding. It’s no bother. Bear in mind anyone can be pulled over on landing. We saw 2 separate groups whilst queueing at jfk with one member being whisked off. You wouldn’t mess with them!
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List