Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Aug 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile Which airline/route from Glasgow

Hi, trying to come up with the lesser evil when it comes to travelling from Glasgow to Orlando. Will be a group of four with one younger child and one teenager.

Just curious what people's take on what the preference would be for route/airline?

Considering paying the extra and going premium but it is a lot and personally I haven't found them to be that good in the past but considering BA might be making economy worse it might be worth it.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
brwhy
Serious Dibber

We did TUI economy (flight only) from Glasgow. No complaints very good flight.

Pros: Dreamliner, 2 free bar services, meal (with wine) and afternoon tea. Decent selection of movies, good leg room. Sanford a breeze to get through.

Cons: I live 4 hours from Glasgow, that drive home :-(

Edited at 01:53 PM.
brwhy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

I flew TUI from Manchester ( albeit PE) and if it's a Dreamliner from Glasgow then I think you should seriously look at that option
coggie is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ours from Glasgow for convince Icelandic for no stupid o'clock rise
Back early into Glasgow no long wait at Gatwick
BA cheaperbthis year for all 3trips but from Edinburgh and slightly better lay overs at Gatwick
United with the long part of the flight first clear immigrations and customs then arrive as a domestic passenger at Orlando
Down side to that if you miss your Glasgow flight on the way back can be a 24 hour delay and it's happened to us due to pm thunder storms in Orlando
VA TUI and TC all direct but an arm and a leg
We go to often now to fly direct unless a real bargain last minute so for us it's the quickest and cheapest option
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I don't tend to go for charters so out of Glasgow my preference would be United as I'd rather transit in the US (and arrive at Orlando as a domestic passenger having already cleared customs and immigration ) than with BA through any of the London airports. Plus I just like United better than BA anyway.
Worst scenario if I miss the transatlantic is a bonus trip into Manhattan

Edited at 02:00 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Using June 19 as example
BA are by far the cheapest, via Gatwick around £1800.
TC around £2400 direct
TUI about £3200 direct
United indirect via Newark around £2400
Virgin not out yet but earlier dates around £4400🤣
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are in Edinburgh and our favourite direct route is Tui into Sanford, our preferred indirect would be Edi/Glas to NY/Newark or Philadelphia so we arrive into Orlando as a domestic arrival.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
We are in Edinburgh and our favourite direct route is Tui into Sanford, our preferred indirect would be Edi/Glas to NY/Newark or Philadelphia so we arrive into Orlando as a domestic arrival.
Would you still prefer this over either a direct or indirect flight that got in at 2 or 3 in the afternoon?
Old 5 Aug 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerific2018
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We are flying Virgin direct from GLA to MCO, which seems to be the only scheduled direct route.

I prefer not to fly charters, so I didn’t look at any of them, but if I didn’t go with Virgin, I would seriously have considered Aer Lingus through Dublin. It’s cheaper than Virgin, and you go through US Immigration in Dublin, which saves a lot of time arriving in MCO.
Tiggerific2018 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

If the indirect was through a London Airport, yes I would. Going out is fine, but the hanging about on the way home with kids is a pain in the bum! Again on the direct front, if it’s MCO I’d say yes again! as we never have much luck here with waits for Immigration! 😂
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List