Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile 30/07/19-13/08/19 flights £500

Have a really strict budget for 2019 - has anyone managed to get flights to MCO from London / Bristol around £500 indirect for end July/early August?
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Louiseanne View Post
Have a really strict budget for 2019 - has anyone managed to get flights to MCO from London / Bristol around £500 indirect for end July/early August?

You are too early to get the best prices as they have not been released yet and anyway its rarely the cheapest time to book when they are first released.

Have you thought about flying to Miami its cheaper and car hire is cheaper we flew at the beginning of August last year for three weeks with a Ford Edge for £1275 for three of us !

Other thing is that if you go towards the end of August it is generally cheaper.

Just as an example if you booked today to go indirect (12 hours) on the 12th and back on the 25th (10 hours) with united LHR - MCO it would be £521 but no luggage.

Edited at 09:36 AM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
You are too early to get the best prices as they have not been released yet and anyway its rarely the cheapest time to book when they are first released.

Have you thought about flying to Miami its cheaper and car hire is cheaper we flew at the beginning of August last year for three weeks with a Ford Edge for £1275 for three of us !

Other thing is that if you go towards the end of August it is generally cheaper.

Just as an example if you booked today to go indirect (12 hours) on the 12th and back on the 25th (10 hours) with united LHR - MCO it would be £521 but no luggage.
Who did you fly with? When did you book?.

Thanks
Old 10 Aug 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

We always fly indirect from ncl and never pay more than 500 in BA sale, sometimes this includes car too
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Trevski
Helping Donald

Hi, I am looking to travel precisely the same dates but ideally from Manchester instead of Bristol. If I find anything then I'll post it here and look forward to any other advice. Cheers.
Trevski is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

You could look at Norwegian as they are released to around 26 August 2019 already. We already have ours and are delighted with them.

When pricing, you have to bear in mind that any seat selection is just £25.. even exit row. Also whether you can travel hand baggage only.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 18, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
Who did you fly with? When did you book?.

Thanks
Booked with BA Xmas 2016 sale for August 2017 flew direct with AA to Miami. Once booked we selected seats for free and the. Paid about £100 each each way to go in Main Cabin Extra but this was done about two months after booking.

IMHO if you book too early you don’t get the best price some people disagree with me but I doubt many pay as little as I do fr what I get. I do agree that there is enjoyment in planning and relief once te flightbis book and this does have a financial value but if getting the best price is the most important you need to be smart. For me generally for an econ9my ticket £400 in August school holidays is quite enough I don’t mind pay8ng seat res on top of this or upgrades it’s not about how much I actually pay but te value I think I am getting if I git club flights at say £1200 each they would be booked quicker than you could say American Express

As I have said in other threads my target price for flights this year was £1k for the three of us we did nit get it, I think I got to £1068 but would not book so we didn’t go. To be fair we only decided in about May to go this year so probably missed the lowest priced flights. We booked in August flights out to Denver and back for. LA for October these flights started at £770 for the three of us and with luggage and seats I think £960.

Edited at 08:16 AM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 18, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

To a certain extent I agree with sew109 above, it is very rare to get the best flight prices (especially flight only) at release date. They are almost always cheaper between 2-5 months before departure (sometimes massively so)

The exception to this is truly immovable dates like Christmas Eve, day before thanksgiving, new year's eve. This is because people have to be in certain places for the next day family celebrations etc and they are immovable.

For instance we bought out Christmas Eve 18 flights in March (earliest we've ever booked in about 30 US family trips) and now the same flights are 450 each more expensive
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

I'm looking at flights around this time too so will let you know if I find something.
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Booked with BA Xmas 2016 sale for August 2017 flew direct with AA to Miami. Once booked we selected seats for free and the. Paid about £100 each each way to go in Main Cabin Extra but this was done about two months after booking.

IMHO if you book too early you don’t get the best price some people disagree with me but I doubt many pay as little as I do fr what I get. I do agree that there is enjoyment in planning and relief once te flightbis book and this does have a financial value but if getting the best price is the most important you need to be smart. For me generally for an econ9my ticket £400 in August school holidays is quite enough I don’t mind pay8ng seat res on top of this or upgrades it’s not about how much I actually pay but te value I think I am getting if I git club flights at say £1200 each they would be booked quicker than you could say American Express

As I have said in other threads my target price for flights this year was £1k for the three of us we did nit get it, I think I got to £1068 but would not book so we didn’t go. To be fair we only decided in about May to go this year so probably missed the lowest priced flights. We booked in August flights out to Denver and back for. LA for October these flights started at £770 for the three of us and with luggage and seats I think £960.
We got the same prices for last summer school hols (indirect into mco) booked around 10th September ish (I remember we’d been home off hols about a week) and AA flights had only just been released for our dates. For the last couple of years BA flydrives have had some bargains in September so you need to keep checking as soon as flights are released. There are definitely more bargains to be had through the year though.

Previous to this we booked just before Xmas for £300 indirect flights.

We much prefer Alamo to Avis but I may be tempted into a flydrive again this year if we can get similar prices.

Edited at 02:26 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List