Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Aug 18, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I thought there was such as thing as the Unfair Contract Terms Act or did I imagine it. If there is such a thing why does it not apply to airlines in cases such as these?

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
I thought there was such as thing as the Unfair Contract Terms Act or did I imagine it. If there is such a thing why does it not apply to airlines in cases such as these?
Operational reasons, get out of goal free card
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KeithOP View Post
well no, it's not *all* they can do is it?

the OP paid for something, agreed it, then through no fault of their own, wasn't delivered it. In any other sphere of life other than airlines, we'd all be saying well that's not right at all!

Why we're all expected to put up with it from airlines, T&Cs or not, amazes me.

They *could* see if they could re-arrange the seating so that the OP gets their seats with minimal down the line disruption.. they COULD apologise profusely and offer an upgrade to the next class with an onboard credit?

They COULD do lots of things, but they don't bother because we all just suck it up.

I don't blame the poster for being annoyed and I hope you keep on at them until you get something that makes you feel properly compensated.
If you read the Ts and Cs you will find that they can just shift you for no reason but they would then have to refund you. Specific seats are not guaranteed..

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

We got moved from our requested (and paid) seats on our outbound in May. Took it initially with a pinch of salt, but a bit disappointed to find people in the requested seats when we boarded.

I filled in a refund request on the VA web site and got my money back.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
munchie63
Getting Excited

their T+C's usually say they can move your seats if they wish.

best outcome for you is likely to be any pre-booked seats fees
munchie63 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Toryn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneydaft70 View Post
They did the same 3 years ago, again with my return flight, they've reassigned my booked and paid for seats and didn't even inform me, I found out my accident.

I have phoned and they said they'd changed aircraft and when the seating bookings were transfeered over there's been a "computor error" and mine didn't go across and now they've sold them on to someone else. I asked if they could just reassign those people as I actually booked it in March, but they said they can't?

I've contacted customer services and posted on their Facebook page but have been told it could take up to 14 days for a response

People have suggested in reply to my Facebook page that operational needs are addressed first,but this isn't the case as I was told it was an error.

Any suggestions to what I can do?

JA
I thought I’d imagined my seats being moved .Because I know I booked dibbers row coming home and I’m now 2 rows from the back .But I just thought I’d made a mistake but now with your post I think I’ll get on to them
Toryn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Ive just noticed my delight seats were moved on both legs of my NY flights - good job I checked. Luckily the seats I had were still available so I moved them back. Going to keep checking every few days now! So annoying that they don't even tell you. I would have been so cross as we have young children and need to sit together, and I've paid delight so we can do that.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

I've figured out that my plane has changed from an A330 to A340 and my seats were transferred over - same numbers. But obviously didn't correspond to delight seats on the new plane and one of my children ended up in an exit row! So they moved us again to where they wanted. Just an email to say the plane had changed would be good!

I think they are refurbishing A330s so anyone likely to be on one of those should check their seats
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
If you read the Ts and Cs you will find that they can just shift you for no reason but they would then have to refund you. Specific seats are not guaranteed..
I've read the Ts and Cs and that doesn't in any way change my point which was that they may well want to, and indeed try to, get away with the absolute minimum that they can do. It doesn't mean they won't give more if a good case is made and persistently loud complaining is undertaken on social media etc.

It's great if you're one of the folks who lies down and says ah well, t&cs shrug but what I'm saying is that no one has to be that person.

There are plenty of other ways they can make it up to the OP and it's a matter of not just accepting things and going quietly. A good start on this, and any other complaint, is to disregard the all powerful "t&cs" and consider what harm was done to your position and what you would consider in compensation. Ask for something more and escalate until a compromise is offered which meets at least your original goal.

Whatever t&cs say, most people find it unacceptable to be offered something, to pay for something and then not get it with a simple, here, have your money back. t&cs in no way stop you from complaining and these days, companies are very sensitive to complaints on social media for example.

It makes much more sense for an airline to ensure a happy customer than to go to the wall for their t&cs.

All of which is to say... t&cs in a b2b contract worth millions? yeah that's one thing... t&cs in a simple but annoying airline mess up? only there to discourage people who'll accept it.

ps. That's before we consider if the t&cs are actually fair and enforceable, validly placed during the booking procedure and so on.
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KeithOP View Post
I've read the Ts and Cs and that doesn't in any way change my point which was that they may well want to, and indeed try to, get away with the absolute minimum that they can do. It doesn't mean they won't give more if a good case is made and persistently loud complaining is undertaken on social media etc.

It's great if you're one of the folks who lies down and says ah well, t&cs shrug but what I'm saying is that no one has to be that person.

There are plenty of other ways they can make it up to the OP and it's a matter of not just accepting things and going quietly. A good start on this, and any other complaint, is to disregard the all powerful "t&cs" and consider what harm was done to your position and what you would consider in compensation. Ask for something more and escalate until a compromise is offered which meets at least your original goal.

Whatever t&cs say, most people find it unacceptable to be offered something, to pay for something and then not get it with a simple, here, have your money back. t&cs in no way stop you from complaining and these days, companies are very sensitive to complaints on social media for example.

It makes much more sense for an airline to ensure a happy customer than to go to the wall for their t&cs.

All of which is to say... t&cs in a b2b contract worth millions? yeah that's one thing... t&cs in a simple but annoying airline mess up? only there to discourage people who'll accept it.

ps. That's before we consider if the t&cs are actually fair and enforceable, validly placed during the booking procedure and so on.
Nobody is saying don’t be upset or ‘rollover and take it’, I think the general consensus is “be aware that these are the terms and conditions.”
aladdin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List