Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Aug 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

An extra car is always handy even if you can squeeze everyone/everything in. A seven seater and a small car would probably cover you. Avoids double parking fees and the parks. If you go to rent there is a great guy(Tom morrow) over in the car rental forum who is really helpful.

I always have a car when over there so maybe I'm biased, never wanted to be completely reliant on shuttles or Disney transport.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DYNAMO
Earning More Ears

Thanks for the car tip will check out the rental forum.

I was wondering if we would still be able to use the Disney transport to return to the airport even though we were only staying onsite for the first week? If so was considering returning the car(s) to Disney on our final day.
DYNAMO is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

The only way that I would consider a travel agent is in the event that they can provide my vacation cheaper than I can.

Florida Masters, in recent days have provided ample evidence that their only interest is to maximise their profit margin, if necessary by cancelling and rebooking aspects of your vacation such as flights, providing they can increase their margin upon seeing a cheaper price. I have no doubt that they do similar with hotel bookings, should a better deal turn up on a search engine.

Well, I want that control and if the opportunity arises, then I want that increased discount. Independent TA's are doing absolutely nothing that I could not do myself. In terms of reassurance, I have more confidence that things will run smoothly, or in the event of a snag, be more simply resolved by direct contact with suppliers, thus cutting out 'the middle man'.

I accept that majors, such as Virgin, TC, TUI etc, have both economy of scale and access to prices that I do not. They own or lease aircraft and block book hotel rooms by the hundred to achieve discount before re-selling them. I will always consider offering them an opportunity to price match, but these days, they never do. Personally and in any case, I prefer multi destinations and within that, often multi accommodations when in Orlando. I now look to multi internal trains and flights as well in order to see more of the States. The control that you have with a DIY enables that... and with ease.

If I have a snag, then I can always access a place where great advice, problem solving and ideas are all available in absolute abundance,.. The DIBB. I trust DIBBERS far more than any travel agent, their advice comes free and without any vested interest.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 07:30 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen & LittleD
Apprentice Imagineer

Helen & LittleD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 18
I've always booked myself, to me that good bra me peace of mind knowing I am in control 😁
I am picky though and will take everything into consideration and then mull it for her again and again before finally making a decision haha

The Xhallo Family's First Magical Trip Report

Jan 2017 - Disney World Florida - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan 2014 - Disneyland Paris - sequoia Lodge
January 2013 - Disney World Florida -Private Villa
November 2011 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe
Helen & LittleD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

We’ve done both and I’d do DIY next time after the royal mashup VH have dealt us this time 🤬

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by DYNAMO View Post

I was wondering if we would still be able to use the Disney transport to return to the airport even though we were only staying onsite for the first week? If so was considering returning the car(s) to Disney on our final day.
Not sure to be honest. Probably less hassle just returning to the airport. I don't think it impact the price very much returning them to different a different location. Would also be a pain as you would need to return them to the Disney car care centre and then get to the magic express. I've never used the magic express so really don't know.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DYNAMO
Earning More Ears

Hi

All the advice has been great. Will definitely be having a word with Tom re the car hire and yeah sounds easier to drop car(s) off at the airport.

Cheers
DYNAMO is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Price it up DIY then get a TA to beat it - works every year
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by DYNAMO View Post

This year we dropped it off at DCCC the day before we were leaving (went to Hollywood Studios for the morning and then dropped it off after, then quick Alamo bus back to the hotel, received the receipt and straight on the bus, just us and off in under 5mins).

Then got the DME back to the airport on the final day (we didn’t need the car the last day so saved a day’s hire which was about £40-50).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DYNAMO
Earning More Ears

Thanks for advice. Will book the flights so theyre done and will take a bit of time choosing which hotel to stay at onsite. Rest of party think its a good idea to stay on site for the late night days at Disney and then relax at the villa when we do Universal.