Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Aug 18, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
toffiness
Very Serious Dibber

toffiness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I hope we aren't too far away from landing and boarding then. Does anyone know if my luggage will go straight through?
toffiness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Carolynmf
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Yes you pick it up at the first US airport that you arrive at.
Carolynmf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Been through this airport hundreds of times now. Last time being a few days ago.

Schiphol is large, but if you are flying in from the UK and out to the US you can only use the non schenzen part of the airport. The other half is through passport control which you will not need to get to. You will be limited to D,E,F gates which at most takes 10 minutes to walk end to end. US flights tend to go from E or F and UK flights D gates.

In this side there is a McDonalds along with a couple of other eateries in the central area which also has the duty free shops etc. There are then other eateries scattered around in the gate areas as well.

If you wan't packed sandwiches I'd suggest getting them before you arrive at you first airport as the choice won't be that great. Drinks etc are fine.

Depending where you are flying from and on what aircraft you may get bussed from the plane to the terminal and they deliver you pretty much centrally in the international terminal. Just follow the signs for Transfers (off the bus, through a set of doors, up and escalator and you come out by the E gate wing. Main area is straight on and to the right and you will see McDonalds upstairs in front of you.

Bags will go straight to your destination (or first US stop).

How long do you have between arriving and departing?
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
toffiness
Very Serious Dibber

toffiness's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Been through this airport hundreds of times now. Last time being a few days ago.

Schiphol is large, but if you are flying in from the UK and out to the US you can only use the non schenzen part of the airport. The other half is through passport control which you will not need to get to. You will be limited to D,E,F gates which at most takes 10 minutes to walk end to end. US flights tend to go from E or F and UK flights D gates.

In this side there is a McDonalds along with a couple of other eateries in the central area which also has the duty free shops etc. There are then other eateries scattered around in the gate areas as well.

If you wan't packed sandwiches I'd suggest getting them before you arrive at you first airport as the choice won't be that great. Drinks etc are fine.

Depending where you are flying from and on what aircraft you may get bussed from the plane to the terminal and they deliver you pretty much centrally in the international terminal. Just follow the signs for Transfers (off the bus, through a set of doors, up and escalator and you come out by the E gate wing. Main area is straight on and to the right and you will see McDonalds upstairs in front of you.

Bags will go straight to your destination (or first US stop).

How long do you have between arriving and departing?

Oh lots of information thank you!

It's a 2hr 45 min layover. We start at Edinburgh, land around 12pm and then next flight is 2.45pm. Then heading straight to MCO.
toffiness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mater
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Huge airport, but very easy to navigate. Great connections from most UK regional airports.

I would highly recommend!

Covid happened and a few different holidays then back to Orlando in 2024.

August 2024 - Rosen Shingle Creek / Loews Royal Pacific
Mater is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Are you going with kids? They have a mini museum with interactive things to play with which was fun for about ten minutes!
We were there for 7 hours on Friday thanks to storms causing delays, and it wasn’t actually too painful. Plenty of places to grab food.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
toffiness
Very Serious Dibber

toffiness's Reviews
Mobile

Yeah will have a 6 year old and 4 year old! Sounds good!
Old 12 Aug 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

You will have plenty of time there then. Boarding usually starts around 45 minutes before departure for the larger aircraft.

There are areas with sun loungers which look out over the gates which are quite comfortable. If you are facing McDonalds escalator, then head to the left under the clock and then left again when you reach the window. Some of the seats in the main area near the information stations have USB power sockets as well if that will helps.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterfly
Very Serious Dibber

Hi! Lots of good info on this thread. Could I please ask:

1. If I return home on a Virgin codeshare (Delta and KLM) - will my luggage be checked straight through and / or will I need to check in again?

2. Is a 3 hour 25 min connection ok?

3. Would I have to do any kind of passport control if not leaving the airport?

Many thanks,

Kathryn x
CBR 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2023
flutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Make sure you grab a bottle of blackcurrant (cassis) flavour Fanta. It is the only place I've ever found it and it is delicious!
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List