Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
LCS2008
Excited about Disney

Complicated - wdw balance due, husband may not travel wwyd?

We are booked to travel on the 17.10.18, with moderate accommodation, upgraded dining plan (quick service to standard dining plan) and tickets booked through wdtc and flights booked and paid for in full, separately.

My husband has applied for a job, and is through to the final round of selection. He dearly wants the job, final selection is this Wednesday and he will know if he has it within about a fortnight (end of August-ish). If he does get the job, there is a compulsory start date that overlaps our holiday, so he won’t be able to go. He would definitely ditch the holiday - the job is pretty special.

The balance of the holiday is due this coming Saturday. I’ve never booked through wdtc before so don’t know how they work or how lenient they are?! My questions are;
- if I pay the balance in full now and want to remove him from the holiday closer to our departure date, will I be able to amend the holiday to remove him (and have his Disney ticket and dining upgrade cost reimbursed) or would the holiday be set in stone once paid in full?
- if I removed him from the holiday now and paid for the rest in full, could I amend the booking to add him to our room later and pay for his ticket and dining upgrade when we know that he can definitely go?

I’d appreciate some help if anyone has made amendments to a Disney booking close to departure dates before. Ultimately we are only talking about £800 or so, I think, but that money would definitely soften the blow of having to take the kids by myself (or would be a deposit on the next one &#128521.

Edited at 09:50 AM.
LCS2008 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

If I was in this position I'd ring Disney and see what they say.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
LCS2008
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you. I have spoken to customer services but the answer wasn’t clear. She seemed to be saying that it would be discretionary, and subject to availability (the adding him back in part).

To be honest we’ve not had the best experience with Disney customer service this time, when we had to amend our dates by a day a few months ago. We got different info from one call to the next, hence wanting to know if anyone had any real life experience of how they handle it.
LCS2008 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I thought you could add people on to a Disney booking at a later date, so if you removed your DH, you could add him back later. I’m not 100% sure about this though, but I’m sure someone on here can clarify this for you.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
I thought you could add people on to a Disney booking at a later date, so if you removed your DH, you could add him back later. I’m not 100% sure about this though, but I’m sure someone on here can clarify this for you.
You definitely can add people to your booking at a later date.

However, I’m not sure if you can once the balance is paid - I don’t know if that would make a difference?

Good luck OP. Usually WDTC are brilliant so sorry to hear that they haven’t been helpful!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I think you've booked the flight seperately ?
You may want to leave the booking as is, if you leave him on your Disney booking you'll be charged for his pass ... but you'll also get all his dining credits. Depending on if they would be useful to you or not it may be a better trade off.
I think you could remove him now , losing £50 and add him later again with dining for an amendment fee. Who is the lead name on the booking, you or him ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Would it be possible for him to join you for part of the holiday? Just something to consider in the mix. Plus maybe wait to see if he gets the job and if he does ask his new employer if he can have some of the time off depending upon training of course. Most employers would be flexible if they could.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
LCS2008
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’m the lead name. Flights are separate so we are stuck with those.

Huh, I hadn’t thought of the dining credits. I’m not sure we will eat them all as it is, tbh, but the thought of eating his too is still attractive (I’ve been on a strict diet for the holiday for the last six months &#128514. It will be me, a teen, two kids and a baby, so I’d pretty much be eating them solo.
Old 13 Aug 18, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
LCS2008
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Scarecrow possibly, but it’s a money issue really. We go from the 17th to the 2nd, he is likely to start on the 29th with no flexibility. We would have to buy him a new return flight on the 26th or so. The would cost about £580, and I’m not sure how he would cope coming off a flight like that with jet lag and then straight into training.
Old 13 Aug 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Speak to the airline and see if you can amend his flight to an earlier one, surely even if he joined you for the first week this would be better than not at all?

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List