Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Aug 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Return of the Rescuer – Day 7 – 9.7.19 – There’s a snake in that bush!

Return of the Rescuer – Day 7 – 9.7.19 – There’s a snake in that bush!

Index is here

Slightly better luck with the buses this morning. We made it to the bus stop by 7.52am and the bus turned up just after 8.

Some more lovely quiet pictures of pofq.

It didn’t take long to get there which meant we were stuck in main street for a bit, ds and Dh were berating me for rushing them and then having to stand around. I’m not a great fan of the new morning castle show, I think we’ve been too often for this to hold much interest but we did watch it as we were a captive audience.

We stopped for some photos on the way, there was a photopass person at the bench and it was nice and quiet so we had a photo there and one on Main Street. We then wandered around the back of plaza gardens; I like all the little bronze statues there.

We waited at the entrance to Tomorrowland as we decided that should be a good place to start. We were quickly round to buzz and inside but it was a good 5 minutes before they started running the ride, no great deal to us but it’s not surprising how come the ride lines get long early if they are not ready for rope drop. That being said we were done with Buzz and off by 9.11 so hardly bad. Ds was pretty pleased by his score.

Ds fancied Space Mountain next. One look at the line and we quickly ruled that out. It was all the way back to the lunching pad and not even moving. I wondered if they were slow in getting running as well.

So, teacups it was then, I love this ride, there is something so sweet about it. We noticed when we were walking through the non-existent line how far back the 7d line was, no thanks. We were off the teacups by 9.20.

We were getting hungry now so time to try and knock off some snacks from our magic kingdom list

Cheshire Cat tail was up first this was ok, ds and Dh liked it but they love pain au chocolat and it was just a glorified one of them.

Another ride and we were off under the sea with Ariel. Such a happy wee ride with all the music.

Another snack, is there a pattern emerging, ride, snack...and we walked round to Gaston’s, we’d never had the cinnamon roll here so we were keen to try that.
Cinnamon roll and Le Fous brew. Both good, I’m not a massive apple juice fan though so was less impressed with the drink than the other 2.

Here’s where we lost our momentum, I think between enjoying the air conditioning and a toilet stop we were now much later than I’d planned and as a result ride times were building. Not a big deal it just meant we needed to rejig the plan a little and rather than heading to Haunted Mansion we went for Small World.

Small world was an 8-minute wait and had to be done at least once every holiday! It’s iconic!

Next up we walked around to Splash Mountain as we had a fast pass. Ds and I had a bit of a debate as to who was getting in the boat first and who might get soaked from the waterfall at the end... I won and got in first - front row - we did get wet

Next up was our thunder mountain fastpass, I had to ride alone and was sliding all over the place. Love thunder mountain though. When we were heading over, we saw cast members around one of the fenced off tree areas where people leave their buggies. There was one inside with big wafer boots on and the next thing he was pulling up a massive snake with tongs and sticking it in a bag, I didn’t get a good look at it but I think it might have been just a rather large black racer. You wouldn’t want to return to find that had crawled into your buggy for a nice wee nap though would you

With 2 rides done it was time for another snack and Aloha Isle was calling. I tried to use mobile ordering and it wouldn’t work, I totally don’t have much luck with that...

Aloha Isle for a Dole whip float and pineapple upside down cake. I really liked the upside down cake.

Very satisfying

We strolled around to liberty island and caught the wee muppet history show which was quite entertaining. Dh wanted to do the Hall of Presidents and we reluctantly agreed. Actually, I was pleasantly surprised by most of it, the film part was interesting but I can’t say that it was all good! Dh had been moaning about wanting to do this for years so at least it’s off the list now.

The move it, shake it or whatever it is called dance parade thingy was at the Hub as we walked past on our way to BOG.

On to BOG lunch.
We pre ordered and as always the line to get in was much less.

Ds had Diet Coke and Dh and I had a grapefruit beer.

Ds had the French Dip sandwich and loved it.

Dh had the croque monsuier. He thought it was nice enough.

I had the braised chicken - coq au vin. Don’t get this. The mash potatoes were nice and the sauce was ok but the chicken itself wasn’t good. This is totally not a patch on the braised pork they used to do.

Afterwards we headed to our last fastpass of the 7D and grabbed a quick snack for me due to my horrible lunch, my favourite Pepper Jack Pretzel from the Cheshire Cat.
What can I say, great but maybe not quite as good as the old jalapeño ones.

We left MK after this just before the parade started and our luck with buses home continued as one turned up pretty much straight away.

Back at POFQ, more pretty pictures. You can tell I really like those pink leafy plants

We refilled our mugs and had a rest. We met up with Beth, Fairytale Personal Shopper who came to drop of my parcels. I think she provides a great service at a good price and is such a nice person.

In the evening we headed off to Disney Springs, again lucky that a boat turned up straight away. I do like that you can use the boats rather than buses all the time.

The first thing we needed to do was head into World of Disney and pick up the $200 gift card. I don’t really like World of Disney now, yes you can move around more but it’s all full of generic stuff, I used to really like it there and the toy shop as well but I don’t bother allocating time to either one of them now.

We spotted this cute Toy Story photo opportunity on the way to dinner where the nice CM gave me a Toy Story thingy for the back of my phone as she thought my new Alien handbag was cute! I think it was to do with the Toy Story Drop game.

We had dinner booked at Wine Bar George

We paid out of pocket for this, I really wanted to try it and it did not disappoint.

Dh had a strawberry cider and I had one of the wines on tap. Both were lovely.
Ds had a Diet Coke.

We ordered the Mac and cheese bites as they seemed to get a good review. They were really good.

We also had the big board which was amazing. We loved everything apart from the blue cheese and that was down to us rather than the cheese.

The place had a really nice atmosphere and our server was good.

Pretty pricey I suppose considering we are on the dining plan but a lovely evening.

After dinner we decided on a little shopping so headed to Uniqlo. I love the Disney stuff they do here, its that little bit different and much more reasonable than the prices in the park. Ds and Dh also like the sporty stuff in there. Ds is not a fan of the shopping but likes getting stuff and he likes a lot of the art on the t-shirts so was happy taking a few photos,

He bought this bottom one and it was reduced.

We also nipped into the Disney Co-op and explored Wonderland Gallery; I love the art here. We took a few pictures of some of the things we liked that we might attempt to use to inspire us to do some art at home. I love Mary Blair inspired art.

Ds bought his granny a postcard of this cute print.

We were lucky and only waited 5 minutes on the boat during which ds had another highlight of his holiday, beating his and Dh’s highest score on Stick Hero…
Cheesing!

We nipped into the food court on the way back and got the legendary beignets for dessert, very nice! 3 for 1 snack credit.

Another day done with a mixture of a busy start and a chilled-out end. I will say though that I felt it was harder to get lots done at rope drop than it used to be a couple of years ago.

Day 8 is here

Edited at 10:34 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Another fab day! I meant to ask, do you rate the TP lines app? Never used it before and just check MDE but wondered if you found this better? You also have another one of my snack credit must dos- pineapple upside down cake! Cannot wait 😁👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Another fab day! I meant to ask, do you rate the TP lines app? Never used it before and just check MDE but wondered if you found this better? You also have another one of my snack credit must dos- pineapple upside down cake! Cannot wait 😁👍
Thanks. I do rate the TP Lines App. I used it a lot at Christmas and found it very accurate, it shows the time disney has posted and the time they estimate. We used it a bit this trip again and liked it, I renewed it. I found even if Disneys time increased as you were in the line and it wasn't updated instantly you could still judge how much longer you'd be waiting. I also set up some personalised plans which I used all the time at Christmas as I had no idea how long things would take. I had a couple this trip but mainly just as a guide.

Pineapple upside down cake with Dole whip was great. Not long now, so excited for you.
Old 9 Aug 19, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am still gutted I couldn’t get that Tomorrowland t-shirt for my OH in the right size, it would suit him perfectly, alongside his ‘I’m a Nervous Rex’ and his Dory ‘I won’t remember any of this tomorrow’ one. Unbelievably neither of those made it onto the outfit list as they didn’t co-ordinate with me haha.

We’ve only seen the new Castle show once, it’s just a distraction now, we’d rather be inline at whatever land we’re heading off too.

Thanks for sharing your snack lists, I’ve been able to co-ordinating mine a little. I am up to 33 credits out of 48 and still have Food & Wine to add!

Did you ever see the last version of Hall of Presidents? We much preferred it, I would confess that we sometimes watch it on YouTube, but that would just be weird.

We have a Be Our Guest ADR specifically for the French Dip but now we’ve upgraded to DxDP I am tempted to switch it to the Grand Floridian Café, as we’ll be checking in at the VGF that morning, I am very torn.

Absolutely agree about World of Disney, if we didn’t have to go and collect the gift card I wouldn’t bother. It is always so busy too and I get so stressed. I much prefer Mouse Gear.

Your DS really is a sweetheart, that 7 Dwarfs post card is such a thoughtful gift for your MIL.

I definitely agree about it being tougher to get things done at Rope Drop now, I think Disney have made operational cuts that impact on ride capacity, alongside more people being familiar with FP. It really seemed you just went with the flow with MK in the morning and that’s something we’re going to try and do this year.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I’ve been following along but skimmed through this one the snake in the bush is just too much for me
Why because on our long snow bird trip we took the dog I take him out and on next doors deck there is a snake now I frequently remind DS2 he’s only here cause of a snake
I contain the screaming go back n our pool cage deck violently shake DH awake he comes out on our deck looks next door and says it’s there ******pool hose it’s not it’s hissing Sid who had the Gaul to get his self stuck in our pool drain next morning
Me and the dog let DH deal with it apparently a 7 iron is just the right
Length to fish hissing did out
He’d drown if I’d had my way
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks. I do rate the TP Lines App. I used it a lot at Christmas and found it very accurate, it shows the time disney has posted and the time they estimate. We used it a bit this trip again and liked it, I renewed it. I found even if Disneys time increased as you were in the line and it wasn't updated instantly you could still judge how much longer you'd be waiting. I also set up some personalised plans which I used all the time at Christmas as I had no idea how long things would take. I had a couple this trip but mainly just as a guide.

Pineapple upside down cake with Dole whip was great. Not long now, so excited for you.
Ah thank you - last day at work today until September! Having just spotted Gryff's post I realised I hadn't read the snake bit properly - just read back now and it gave me goosebumps..I hate snakes! If that had happened on our last trip when we used a stroller I think I would have had a heart attack 😱🙈😯
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I am still gutted I couldn’t get that Tomorrowland t-shirt for my OH in the right size, it would suit him perfectly, alongside his ‘I’m a Nervous Rex’ and his Dory ‘I won’t remember any of this tomorrow’ one. Unbelievably neither of those made it onto the outfit list as they didn’t co-ordinate with me haha.

We’ve only seen the new Castle show once, it’s just a distraction now, we’d rather be inline at whatever land we’re heading off too.

Thanks for sharing your snack lists, I’ve been able to co-ordinating mine a little. I am up to 33 credits out of 48 and still have Food & Wine to add!

Did you ever see the last version of Hall of Presidents? We much preferred it, I would confess that we sometimes watch it on YouTube, but that would just be weird.

We have a Be Our Guest ADR specifically for the French Dip but now we’ve upgraded to DxDP I am tempted to switch it to the Grand Floridian Café, as we’ll be checking in at the VGF that morning, I am very torn.

Absolutely agree about World of Disney, if we didn’t have to go and collect the gift card I wouldn’t bother. It is always so busy too and I get so stressed. I much prefer Mouse Gear.

Your DS really is a sweetheart, that 7 Dwarfs post card is such a thoughtful gift for your MIL.

I definitely agree about it being tougher to get things done at Rope Drop now, I think Disney have made operational cuts that impact on ride capacity, alongside more people being familiar with FP. It really seemed you just went with the flow with MK in the morning and that’s something we’re going to try and do this year.
They still had the I'll do it Tomorrowland shirts at the outlet when we were there. You need to get yourself over to the outlets for a look, if I had known I'd have looked for one for you in his size.

Oh , I'm glad you said that about the castle show, ds and dh were questioning my disney magic when I said I wasn't interested in watching it.

I can email you the snack lists if you want that way you can combine them with yours.

I think we saw the old Hall of Presidents but you would be talking 20 years ago now, maybe I'll have a watch on youtube.

I'd go with Grand Floridian Cafe if you have table service credits rather than qs credits you want to use up.

I totally agree, less staff was something I did notice at certain rides and the chaos with Thunder Mountain fastpass lines later in the holiday wasn't helped by one person on each othe sides at the bottom rather than 2. I think they just think its quieter we'll save some money by having less staff on.
Old 9 Aug 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I’ve been following along but skimmed through this one the snake in the bush is just too much for me
Why because on our long snow bird trip we took the dog I take him out and on next doors deck there is a snake now I frequently remind DS2 he’s only here cause of a snake
I contain the screaming go back n our pool cage deck violently shake DH awake he comes out on our deck looks next door and says it’s there ******pool hose it’s not it’s hissing Sid who had the Gaul to get his self stuck in our pool drain next morning
Me and the dog let DH deal with it apparently a 7 iron is just the right
Length to fish hissing did out
He’d drown if I’d had my way
Oh man, I'd have flipped, you would not have seen me for dust and my dh would have been no help!

Thanks for reading along, just in the interests of your blood pressure there is another small mention of a snake on day 11.

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Ah thank you - last day at work today until September! Having just spotted Gryff's post I realised I hadn't read the snake bit properly - just read back now and it gave me goosebumps..I hate snakes! If that had happened on our last trip when we used a stroller I think I would have had a heart attack 😱🙈😯
They had it under control, I'm glad I wasn't the first person to spot it though.

Hope your last day at work goes quickly.
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Sounds like a fab first day in MK, you made it on a fair few rides and managed to tick off quite a lot of your snacks.

We also saw a snake! Coming off of FOP down the winding path as the path does a u turn, it was only small but it's head was poking out and everyone was taking a very wide berth on that bend.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Sounds like a fab first day in MK, you made it on a fair few rides and managed to tick off quite a lot of your snacks.

We also saw a snake! Coming off of FOP down the winding path as the path does a u turn, it was only small but it's head was poking out and everyone was taking a very wide berth on that bend.
Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on all the days.

Thanks, it was a good morning. I really enjoyed the snacks this year, I feel we finally made the most of them this year.

Oh at least the one we saw was being taken away rather than just hanging around.