Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Aug 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Second steak? Yes Max well done! 😂👌 top tip on HEA viewing too, thank you 😊 what a great day you all had 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Awww Max's face , what a picture! So glad you caught that on camera. Lovely. I would have been upset with one measley scallop as i love them.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

What a wonderful piece of pixie dust for Max. I have a teenager who could inhale her own body weight in food so I know how much that extra steak must have been appreciated.

I'm glad your Mum and Dad are having a lovely time. I've tried to get my parents to come with us but my Mum won't hear of it. Probably lucky really because there is no way she would entertain the idea of doughnuts or ice cream (my girls' favourite - a once a trip treat!) for breakfast which would make the meal planning a little more complicated!
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Cinderella's Royal Table dinner

We left CRT at just after 8.45pm. The area between the castle and the carousel was all roped off and the cast members had to let us out. I wanted to see HEA as we didn't watch it after Crystal Palace as it was raining that night. So I took everyone off to the left, past the Haunted Mansion and then down past Sleepy Hollow. We kept walking through the people camped out in the hub as far as the bridge that goes to Adventureland. Where we stopped with 5 minutes to spare before HEA started. It was the perfect view as we were up on the edge of the pavement behind a couple of buggies so we all had a really good view.

It was a lovely evening and some really magical moments. I was so pleased with the view for HEA.
What fantastic service Max had We did the same after our meal and watched the HEA from the same spot. No problems getting a space and I though the view was ideal.
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

The food at Discovery Cove certainly seems plentiful, if a little plain. It's good that it's all included in the price of your ticket though.

Love the look of your gumbo snack, it's a dish I've never tried but it looks good. Nice cocktails over the days as well - I think the Himalayan ghost would be my favourite of the ones you've had.

What a great surprise for Max at CRT. I can't believe he managed pudding after eating 2 full steak meals! Lovely way to finish a special evening with HEA.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
One scallop 😂😂😂

We have CRT booked ... I’m going to ask for 2 scallops and report back ...

How lovely to be given a second steak that’s some true pixie dust ...
Please ask for 2 I would love to know what they say

Have fun on your trip, nearly time now

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
It looks like you all had a lovely meal, hope your mum enjoyed her wish. Any pixie dust is magical and Max's face proves it 😄
She did enjoy it and fitness a magical bit of pixie dust and very much appreciated.

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Second steak? Yes Max well done! 😂👌 top tip on HEA viewing too, thank you 😊 what a great day you all had 👍
I hope you do as well as we did on the spot for HEA, I love the fireworks I think they are my favourite thing at WDW but the kids don't want to have to stand around waiting for them so this was perfect.

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Awww Max's face , what a picture! So glad you caught that on camera. Lovely. I would have been upset with one measley scallop as i love them.
I didn't quite get his face live...I had to get him to recreate the shocked face

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
What a wonderful piece of pixie dust for Max. I have a teenager who could inhale her own body weight in food so I know how much that extra steak must have been appreciated.

I'm glad your Mum and Dad are having a lovely time. I've tried to get my parents to come with us but my Mum won't hear of it. Probably lucky really because there is no way she would entertain the idea of doughnuts or ice cream (my girls' favourite - a once a trip treat!) for breakfast which would make the meal planning a little more complicated!
He is the same as your DD he never seems to be full. A shame your parents won't entertain the idea of a trip over here. Mine have had a good time, I don't think it has been anything like what they were expecting though. It's hard to explain it's not going to be like Alton Towers... It's so much more than that.

Originally Posted by Leelashpurple View Post
What fantastic service Max had We did the same after our meal and watched the HEA from the same spot. No problems getting a space and I though the view was ideal.
The view was ideal we are going to try and recreate that trick next year.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
The food at Discovery Cove certainly seems plentiful, if a little plain. It's good that it's all included in the price of your ticket though.

Love the look of your gumbo snack, it's a dish I've never tried but it looks good. Nice cocktails over the days as well - I think the Himalayan ghost would be my favourite of the ones you've had.

What a great surprise for Max at CRT. I can't believe he managed pudding after eating 2 full steak meals! Lovely way to finish a special evening with HEA.
It was good enough at DC and nothing tasted rough so I shouldn't complain really. The gumbo was tasty, I haven't managed a second helping yet though, there's just so much food. The Himalayan Ghost is very tasty

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Day 6 breakfast at AK, lunch at FQ, pre dinner Kitchen Sink!

We made EMH to rope drop Na'vi as I had FOP FP for all our AK days

We headed up to Kusafari Bakery in Africa and ordered 2 colossal cinnamon Mickey shaped buns and 2 elephant ears pastries for sharing. Plus we had 3 vanilla iced coffees, a coke, an orange juice and an apple juice.

The cinnamon bun is so good, one ear is probably enough for a serving but of course we managed to finish the lot.

For lunch, Max had a bacon cheeseburger at FQ, Kate also had one, but she shared hers with me and Dave! So, 2 QS used here. For the drinks we got a beer and a margarita.

Dad had some beignets for a snack credit.

The rest of us were saving ourselves for the 4pm ADR at Beaches and Cream. We had attempted the kitchen sink last year just the 4 of us, but stupidly we ate a full meal before it. This year we had two extra helpers and we weren't going to make the same mistake twice, we went hungry!

The kids ordered cokes, the adults water.

I had 1 and half bowls, Kate had 2 and a half, David 5 bowls, but he did manage a blob of peanut butter sauce donated by Max, Grandma and Grandad managed 3 bowls each. Max ate 7 bowfuls!

We did it!

No credits here, it was paid for OOP. It's $34 for the sink.

After that we slowly waddled around World Showcase and made our way to our 8.30pm ADR at Hoop Dee Doo this was first for us and we really enjoyed it. More food was just what we needed

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The sink looks nice, good to see you finished it. Is that the regular one or the chocolate version?
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Well done on the challenge, it gets a bit mushy towards the end doesn't it?
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Well done on finishing! DH has almost no sweet tooth so I think me and DD wouldn't stand a chance..😂🙈
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List