Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Sep 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

Buzz ride in Magic Kingdom, poor compared to the other toystory shooting ride, and likes of men in black, most the time the guns didnt even seem to work 🤷🏻
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018 , Cabana Bay August 2019, Enclave Suites Feb 2020, Doubletree@Seaworld Feb 2022
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

The stitch ride! I am not sure if it’s shut for good or seasonally but it’s just awful. It’s a big space in a prime spot so just a waste.
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
MsMinervaMouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
The stitch ride! I am not sure if it’s shut for good or seasonally but it’s just awful. It’s a big space in a prime spot so just a waste.
Definitely shut for good. Some photos surfaced online of the Stitch animatronic...errr...de-furred. Was spooky.

Peter Pan needs an update urgently. The lighting effects in there are so dim you can barely see what’s going on. Jungle cruise could also use an upgrade. Not a change, just an upgrade!
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

Wasn't Pirates of the Caribbean already updated to be more politically correct about 2/3 years ago?
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Agree with the stitch ride! Also agree buzz ride needs guns that work lol
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
The Speedway cars definitely need to be replaced with electric cars. Space Mountain needs an overhaul and needs to be made a much smoother ride. The shooting system in Buzz needs improving.

Living with the Seas needs updating. That used to be one of my favourite rides at Epcot but did it once on our first day at Epcot this time round and that was enough. I don't like the Nemo overlay to it, completely dumbs down the ride.

Impressions of France is in dire need of an update - the clothing is straight out of the 70s.

I also think the DHS Little Mermaid attraction should be scrapped - the animation is dodgy and there isn't the need for there to be 2 Little Mermaid rides at Disney. Replace it with a Moana ride/show.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Magic kingdom - Pirates needs gutting and totally re-developing. Obviously the speedway needs a change. Jungle cruise needs demolishing and replacing - maybe with a (relatively) tame river rapid ride. Theme it to an expedition into the amazon or something.

EPCOT - obviously they are doing the obvious ones, including Spaceship Earth and new films for China and Canada (hope they have a better song - the older version was better than the one they use at the moment.) Soarin' - have a better film quality (NOT 3D!) and go back to the original California theme, but with a few extra scenese sprinkled in. Test Track - I'm ambivalent on the theme it has right now, maybe change back to a more realistic theme.

If they touch Living with the Land I'll be furious though. Add things yes, but leave the rest as is. Maybe a slight touch up on some of the animatronics.

Animal Kingdom - not really any major problems with this park. Change Flights of Wonder back to the original show - more birds less talking.

Hollywood Studios - Remove the 3d from star tours, change to a slightly more "active" ride system for more thrills. Add cover in the Toy Story land - things like a large exercise book or a cocktail umbrella to add some shade to ride lines etc. Agree with PP - get rid of the little mermaid. I'd lean towards an incredibles thing though - I think they could do some interesting things with that IP if they tried.

Most importantly for DHS - leave tower of terror alone. No stupid re-themes. It's fine to have one ride without a massive IP attached and the lobby is one of my favourite areas in that park.

Just a few ideas. I'd be ruthless about most of the classics. Might even demolish things like the tiki room or swiss family thing at MK. I'm sure those are controversial opinions. :P
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Test Track definitely. Radiator Springs Racers in california adventure is basically the same ride system but is so far superior in every way. It's an incredible ride yet test is just boring.

As an aside, Cars Land is the best themed land in any of the 3 Disney locations we have been to IMO. WDW, DLP and DL.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Nice to see I’m not the only one who feels few things need an update at Disney ... don’t get me started on Universal!
Old 25 Sep 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

Agree with a few others about the Swiss family tree house, we usually just walk past it but this time my wife and daughter popped in the restrooms there so me and the lad had a look.

It just felt incredibly pointless and wasted space, climbs some stairs to see a couple of static rooms then back down some other stairs.

We’ve never bothered with Tom Sawyer island either and maybe I’m missing something but that feels an area that could be utilised better
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List