Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bridgelass View Post
Virgin to announce new flying schedules 22nd June I think...
That will be interesting .
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
eggsRspecial
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

flywith.virginatlantic/gb/en/news.html

Flights from Manchester, Belfast and Glasgow
If you’re booked to fly with us from Manchester, Belfast and Glasgow this summer we will be updating our schedules over the next couple of weeks and will notify you of any changes by the 22nd June 2020.
eggsRspecial is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nazzer
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I follow this person on Twitter who must work in the airport. He says this simply is not true. The comms manager at VS and he said aiming for August, but could be Sept depending on how the US proceed with allowing UK travellers in
Nazzer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nazzer View Post
I follow this person on Twitter who must work in the airport. He says this simply is not true. The comms manager at VS and he said aiming for August, but could be Sept depending on how the US proceed with allowing UK travellers in
To be honest no matter what Virgin are saying, I just cannot see the FCO easing their current stance on flights to the USA.
I have been checking WFTV's website on a daily basis and the number of new Coronavirus cases continues to increase at a rapid rate. In the last 24 hours 2,783 new people have been confirmed as having the virus in Florida, taking the total over 10,000 in the last five days alone
Old 16 Jun 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

I hear they have massively ramped up the level of testing though.

I've never heard this explained in the UK media: if in week 1 we test 5000 people and 1000 have Covid, then in week 12 we test 100,000 and 2000 have Covid, have we got more Covid or less?

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Nazzer
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordie Al View Post
To be honest no matter what Virgin are saying, I just cannot see the FCO easing their current stance on flights to the USA.
I have been checking WFTV's website on a daily basis and the number of new Coronavirus cases continues to increase at a rapid rate. In the last 24 hours 2,783 new people have been confirmed as having the virus in Florida, taking the total over 10,000 in the last five days alone
True, the numbers are very concerning. I think the more you test the more you find, plus all stats can be skewed. Isn't the % fatalities going down per capita

At the moment theres just too many variables. Will trump open the borders? Will fco deem it safe to travel? I think eventually the economy will superceed health and things will start to move. Just an uncertain time for everyone
Nazzer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nazzer View Post
All the speculation seems most odd to me.

Even allowing for people cancelling, consolidating the booking for two Jumbos would surely fill a single A330 - assuming they’re allowed to fly. Why on earth would Virgin turn that business down?
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
All the speculation seems most odd to me.

Even allowing for people cancelling, consolidating the booking for two Jumbos would surely fill a single A330 - assuming they’re allowed to fly. Why on earth would Virgin turn that business down?
It is very strange. We are booked in UC and our cabin on the September flight had 9 seats booked, the later plane had 2 seats booked, the new A330 has 31 seats in UC and with the 2 planes combined there would still be 20 UC seats available, VA are showing as 'not offering' UC for this flight.

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by linnite View Post
I hear they have massively ramped up the level of testing though.

I've never heard this explained in the UK media: if in week 1 we test 5000 people and 1000 have Covid, then in week 12 we test 100,000 and 2000 have Covid, have we got more Covid or less?
Whilst others say that treating has not increased massively.

I have spoken to 3 tradespeople today, one believes he had it just after Christmas and it took a month before he started to feel better.

Another said that his family were all poorly last October and no one knew what was wrong with them but the symptoms were the same.

The 3rd had been self isolating but has now decided to go back to work because our numbers here are so low.

There are no patients in hospital with covid in south and west Devon currently

My theory is that there was a strain of coronavirus last year but it mutated around December in China into covid 19. Perhaps they were trying to find a vaccine and something happened.
Old 17 Jun 20, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
It is very strange. We are booked in UC and our cabin on the September flight had 9 seats booked, the later plane had 2 seats booked, the new A330 has 31 seats in UC and with the 2 planes combined there would still be 20 UC seats available, VA are showing as 'not offering' UC for this flight.
Are they offering any class of seat for that flight? I’d have thought they must be well over-booked in Economy.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List