Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Anyone who has booked next year

anyone worried about costs of flights? I'm all booked up for this August but if it falls through I'm looking to book for next year but I'm worried flight costs are going to go sky high. Anyone else worried? X x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

The exact same holiday, I have booked with Virgin, is £1000 more next year. It’s the same price of doing 3 weeks which we are looking to change to anyway! It will be interesting to see flight costs in the upcoming months.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ok booked at a different time of year but then Sept (this year) is supposedly low season, just booked for May with BA & if anything it was slightly less than this year but we booked PE as Economy was £650 (up £150 ish) & we got PE for under £900 each ( actually less as I used Defence discount 10% plus £100 Avios). Prices may drop when they are back to running "normally" but this was a price we were happy with.
Glasgow- Gatwick- MCO
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR

Edited at 08:12 PM.
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

No have gone to the US in August every year since 2014 and never paid more than £500 each in economy. Booking in January has always been the best for me rather than as soon as flights are released. We will go indirect and we're not loyal to any airline when paying cash so that all helps.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

We have booked for 30th April next year for the 2 of us £2300 which I thought was reasonable for the flights and hotel. We just wanted something to look forward after out planned April trip for DH 60th was canceled, but we are not doing the theme parks just wanted a base for days out.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm looking at a split stay in a disney hotel for 7 nights, disney cruise for 3 nights and then universal hotel for 4 nights. We got the flights direct for £2800 this year for the 4 of us. Dont think we'll get that again x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Booked our flights last week, came to 2750 for four adults and two children next march.

Good bargain, hopefully this whole situation is over with by then!
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I'm looking to book for Sept 2021. We normally fly direct as I dislike flying and like it to be over asap. We live in Cumbria so our options for direct flights are Manchester, Glasgow and Newcastle. Newcastle flights are TUI and are always very expensive, so that leaves us with Glasgow and Manchester. In the past we usually flew with TC but obviously that's a thing of the past. So our options are reducing all the time. I am worried that flights will be very expensive next year as we have never paid more than £500 each. I am budgeting at around £650 each this time. If it's much more then we may have fly indirect. I imagine what happens over the coming weeks will play a large part in the pricing for next year. It's just going to be a watch and wait event for me.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Edd
First POST

Hi, planning a trip for November 2021, looking at 7 nights Disney Pop Century and 7 nights at Universal Cabana Bay

Looking for recommendations on who to book with and any feedback on going to Orlando in November, we live in North Scotland and will have to fly via London

1996, 1999 & 2012 - Quality Inn International Drive
2016 - Highlands Reserve
2019 - Disney All Star Music
Florida Edd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am hoping to go September 21 if I was to book direct with Disney accommodation and tickets and I decide to cancel nearer the time all I would loose is the deposit is that correct?
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List