Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Aug 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
CJM
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

I’d miss the park hopping. For our May trip that was cancelled we were staying at the Beach Club and eating in Epcot most evenings. I would be disappointed not to be able to do that.

It’s a sad possibility for me as I went a lot as a child and this was to be the first trip with my daughter who is 4. I just want her to have the same wonderful experience I had as a child.
CJM is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Disney have lost millions (billions?) due to Covid - I cant see them removing perks like park hopping. People pay extra for that. More people in the park, more money being spent.
DDP is only removed due to capacity restrictions. They can’t fit everyone in the restaurants who had paid for a DDP so had to scrap it. Likewise all dining reservations and we all had to start again. It would depend if n numbers surely - if it’s a money maker they’ll put it back. So many people on here have said without DDP they’ll eat off site - well if too many people do that Disney will notice I imagine and put it back.

I’ve mixed feeling about park booking - wouldn’t mind if you could then (on the day) change your mind or add another park (even if you couldn’t go in till after 3pm for example) because I’m another who likes to hop. Not everyday, but sometimes a park just feels too crowded and it’s a good idea to switch to another. Also towards the end of the trip, when I’m repeating parks, that’s when I often split the day on half to fit in everything I want to do again.

I’m desperate for a WDW fix so next October, assuming the borders are open I’m almost 100% sure I’ll go. Whilst I would still go if there’s no hopping and park reservations are in place, I won’t if there’s no fireworks l, shows (I want Fantasmic back!) and the park hours are still as short as they currently are. And ideally masks gone.
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I am not convinced they will have that in place let say in 2022. Imagine the revenue loss from guests at some of the onsite hotels (like BC YC and BW for example) if they cannot stroll into the nearest park to eat in the evening.
Old 27 Aug 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
I am not convinced they will have that in place let say in 2022. Imagine the revenue loss from guests at some of the onsite hotels (like BC YC and BW for example) if they cannot stroll into the nearest park to eat in the evening.
This would be my issue. We’re considering the Dolphin for it’s location next year. If there’s no possibility of walking into Epcot or DHS of an evening we’re as well staying offsite. I know that doesn’t affect Disney but I’m sure many considering the Epcot resorts will feel the same.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We won't be impressed if we can't park hop. We plan in great detail what we want to do each day but leave some days blank in case we need a down day and just go where we want if up for it. Also as we stay at the Boardwalk we spend a lot of time just strolling round to EPCOT to eat on an evening or over to HS to get on some of our fave rides again. Last time we were there at least half of the 14 days we hopped. For me it's not about a problem of advanced planning but more about having variety in our day. We rarely spend a whole day in one park -we like to go to one-leave for a rest and swim and then move on to somewhere different.
Presume we will get used to it over time if we want to go back 😬

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
I'm not sure if this has already been said as I've not read all the comments but I think virtual queues like ROTR are the new way forward, a good time to introduce them and a good way to move with the times.
It'd be a shame if we can't decide on the day which park we'd want to visit as last time we went, we were in a water park and decided to go to MK later on, but if it's not at capacity I guess it'd still be an option?

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

I don’t mind booking a park in advance, booked my fast passes anyway, it’s the park hopping.

For me I want to park hop ideally. Yes I can pop back to the same park but I often go to Epcot on an evening for a meal round world showcase.

I want the free dining back then maybe I could live with it. Wouldn’t be the same I would be surprised it stays forever.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Oh I hope it doesn’t change to virtual queues like RotR. Hard enough to get that ride as it is on some days. I would rather have the choice to at least queue if I want to rather than relying on my phone being speedy to grab a spot.

Agree about Epcot hotels! I stayed in the Swan and it’s great being able to walk into Epcot and along the board walk and it’s not too long a walk to HS. Great position. Shame it’s out my price range now I’m a grown up who has to pay herself 😂
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It's worth pointing out that - at the moment at least - you do not need to book Disney parks months in advance.

For both onsite and offsite guests with regular tickets, you can book any of the parks for a visit tomorrow. Hollywood Studios doesn't seem to be available next weekend but, other than that, you can book any park on any day you want - even on the day itself. So you can wake up, decide you want to visit Epcot that day, and you can book it without any issues.

Admittedly, that might change once restrictions due to the virus reduce and/or go away and more guests start heading to the parks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Personally, I think it'll be a shame to miss out on park hopping. We didn't used to park hop much - perhaps only once or twice per holiday - so it wouldn't be a huge loss. But it still seems a bit restrictive.

Hopefully, Disney will adapt the current system and allow you to book more than one park per day. Perhaps after you've visited one park you can then book another on that day subject to availability (of course) similar to how fastpasses work.

And, yes, the idea of booking your park in advance is a bit a pain and is restrictive and I would prefer it if it wasn't like that. But I don't think it would put me off visiting again. Plus, look on the bright side, if guest numbers are restricted it'll mean the parks won't get quite so crowded as they were getting in recent years meaning the park experience itself will be better.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List