Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Sep 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

My take on this issue to which I have been affected directly is if I had owed money to a company, contractor, etc and not paid them for 100+ days I would of been taken to court, I understand it is an unprecedented situation, but it is not the job of the public to prop up a company in difficult times, this is their hard earned money, I tried to help Virgin by not asking for a refund I amended my holiday to September this year and consequently had to amend it again, and because they couldn't honour my original deal for the second time around I opted for a cheaper package and consequently they owe me just short of £2k to which alas I have to wait 120 days to get it. I have done my best to try and help them and that is how they help me, and the lack of communication was extremely stressful at times. It has been one sided. We are the customers we don't work for these companies. Sorry if this offends anyone these are just my thoughts.
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GMickeyB View Post
My take on this issue to which I have been affected directly is if I had owed money to a company, contractor, etc and not paid them for 100+ days I would of been taken to court, I understand it is an unprecedented situation, but it is not the job of the public to prop up a company in difficult times, this is their hard earned money, I tried to help Virgin by not asking for a refund I amended my holiday to September this year and consequently had to amend it again, and because they couldn't honour my original deal for the second time around I opted for a cheaper package and consequently they owe me just short of £2k to which alas I have to wait 120 days to get it. I have done my best to try and help them and that is how they help me, and the lack of communication was extremely stressful at times. It has been one sided. We are the customers we don't work for these companies. Sorry if this offends anyone these are just my thoughts.
Worst company? Nope. There are a number of firms/organisations out there who are absolutely shocking and treat both their customers and staff with utter disdain.
However whatever the rights and wrongs are Virgin have been extremely poor throughout this event. You only find out how good a company is when there is a crisis and Virgin have been sadly lacking
I am currently at day 135 for my Bubble seat refund despite assurances that the refund was sorted and on its way, so am currently trying to contact them to get answers
Old 17 Sep 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mosschops
Earning My Ears

They certainly haven't showed their best customer service during this and have not been transparent in regards to where they are up to with refunds (departure dates).

I've always had a good experience when onboard their actual aircraft, up here in Manchester they are one of the only options to go stateside direct to my favorite destinations.

There is some really inept management though and I'm currently taking them to court for my money as I waited 120 days for an "automatic" bubble refund, now they are saying it could be another 80 days.

After waiting over 140 days I emailed their exec office and said - give me my money back in 7 days and no problem.

They replied "oh we can't do that", well they can and they absolutely will.

I feel for their aircrew but have no time for their slimy management.
mosschops is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Oakmark
Excited about Disney

There are some clear supporters of Virgin on this page which is good to see.

Having used the brand for the last 22 years flying to Florida I certainly would not like to see them disappear. Having said that (and without getting into it) I feel the support is only one way and from me to them. I don't feel a lot of love coming back the other way.
Oakmark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Oakmark View Post
There are some clear supporters of Virgin on this page which is good to see.

Having used the brand for the last 22 years flying to Florida I certainly would not like to see them disappear. Having said that (and without getting into it) I feel the support is only one way and from me to them. I don't feel a lot of love coming back the other way.
Exactly this .
Used virgin holidays / Virgin Atlantic for years and years but this debacle has left a bad taste in my mouth .
There wasn’t even any kind of incentive to book with them again either ,they were just like “ k’ bye 👋 “
And months later they still have thousands of pounds that should have been back in my bank long ago .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
For all the baying for blood lets not forget that Virgin didnt not get a penny from the government whereas BA got in the region of £300 million plus IAG got hand outs from the Spanish government as well.

So not exactly a level playing field with regards to refunds!

Personally we will go with whoever works out best for us. For the past 10-15 years that has been Virgin price wise and at the end of the day it is down to price

Not bothered about frills, IFE, best meals etc. Purely down to price!
Old 17 Sep 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
For all the baying for blood lets not forget that Virgin didnt not get a penny from the government whereas BA got in the region of £300 million plus IAG got hand outs from the Spanish government as well.

Personally we will go with whoever works out best for us. For the past 10-15 years that has been Virgin price wise and at the end of the day it is down to price

I’m not baying for blood I just want my money back !
Would you be happy if you had to wait 4 months for £10,000 of your money back, when the law says package holidays should be refunded in 14 days ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post

I think it was a level playing field as far as the UK Government were concerned.

Both applied. Like any lender, the government assessed the risk. BA had a decent balance sheet and convinced the government that they could secure the debt and pay it back. Virgin couldn't. Nobody's fault but Virgin's.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I think it was a level playing field as far as the UK Government were concerned.

Both applied. Like any lender, the government assessed the risk. BA had a decent balance sheet and convinced the government that they could secure the debt and pay it back. Virgin couldn't. Nobody's fault but Virgin's.
Exactly right. if you believe the media reports, Branson worth 3.8 Billion offered his £80m island as collateral for a £500m loan! With the companies balance sheets they way they were no one in their right mind would sanction such a loan
Old 17 Sep 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Geordie Al View Post
Worst company? Nope. There are a number of firms/organisations out there who are absolutely shocking and treat both their customers and staff with utter disdain.
However whatever the rights and wrongs are Virgin have been extremely poor throughout this event. You only find out how good a company is when there is a crisis and Virgin have been sadly lacking
I am currently at day 135 for my Bubble seat refund despite assurances that the refund was sorted and on its way, so am currently trying to contact them to get answers
Yeah it's a bit debatable wether they are the worst company, but I honestly thought they were the elite, they have proved me wrong, they have some very loyal supporters and they way they have been treating them is appalling, like I say it has been one sided and for them to get back to the elite status could take them years.
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List