Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Oct 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Ta da!

And here it is - Mary Berry’s Black Forest Gateau!

And my youngest son who is a trainee chef, made Foccacia

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
And here it is - Mary Berry’s Black Forest Gateau!
Ooh Loo that looks amazing 😋😋😋 Xx
And the Foccacia looks so good too 😋😋

Edited at 08:52 PM.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

So I contacted the company that I had an interview with two weeks ago to see if there was any update. The manager replied saying that they had revoked the job offer as a member of staff that was due to retire, has decided not to retire, therefor there is no longer a job available... oh okay. I am gutted, it was a receptionist job, something I've always wanted, oh well.
I’ve applied for so many jobs up to now and that was the only interview I had. I’m desperately searching for ways to make money online at the moment, but I’m taking the day off to drown my sorrows in something strong. I know there’s people going through worse and I need to pull myself out of this, but with no job, no holidays, no days out because we are tier 3, no meals out because I’m not working, everything just feels pointless and bleak.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
So I contacted the company that I had an interview with two weeks ago to see if there was any update. The manager replied saying that they had revoked the job offer as a member of staff that was due to retire, has decided not to retire, therefor there is no longer a job available... oh okay. I am gutted, it was a receptionist job, something I've always wanted, oh well.
I’ve applied for so many jobs up to now and that was the only interview I had. I’m desperately searching for ways to make money online at the moment, but I’m taking the day off to drown my sorrows in something strong. I know there’s people going through worse and I need to pull myself out of this, but with no job, no holidays, no days out because we are tier 3, no meals out because I’m not working, everything just feels pointless and bleak.
Sorry about the job being no longer offered that’s hard, but chin up it will get better💕💕💕
Stay safe xxx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I’m so sorry to hear about the job. It’s really disappointing especially when it’s a job you were so keen on. I really hope your search is successful soon

We are in Welsh lockdown and before this was in a local lockdown for the past 4 weeks too, so I know how you feel about the restrictions and not being able to go out. I’m feeling very penned in my small area at the moment and with no restaurants open and no travel allowed it’s very difficult as we can’t even visit our adult children.

I hope things pick up for you soon but I’m sending you big hugs to get through the hard day 🤗
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I’m so sorry to hear about the job. It’s really disappointing especially when it’s a job you were so keen on. I really hope your search is successful soon

We are in Welsh lockdown and before this was in a local lockdown for the past 4 weeks too, so I know how you feel about the restrictions and not being able to go out. I’m feeling very penned in my small area at the moment and with no restaurants open and no travel allowed it’s very difficult as we can’t even visit our adult children.

I hope things pick up for you soon but I’m sending you big hugs to get through the hard day 🤗
Thank you, I think I’m just on the edge at the moment, I single handedly take care of my mentally ill mum and I think it’s really starting to take its toll and grind me down. I don’t feel like myself anymore and I just don’t feel like I can cope when I feel so bleak myself. I don’t know anyone in real life in my situation and it’s so hard to not have someone to confide in who understands.

The world has just gone downhill for everyone and it’s awful. I’m sorry about your lockdown and not seeing your children, it’s awful that this is reality. I hope things get better for you and everyone else too. 💜
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you, I think I’m just on the edge at the moment, I single handedly take care of my mentally ill mum and I think it’s really starting to take its toll and grind me down. I don’t feel like myself anymore and I just don’t feel like I can cope when I feel so bleak myself. I don’t know anyone in real life in my situation and it’s so hard to not have someone to confide in who understands.

The world has just gone downhill for everyone and it’s awful. I’m sorry about your lockdown and not seeing your children, it’s awful that this is reality. I hope things get better for you and everyone else too. 💜
Looking after your mum must be incredibly tough at the moment. Does she have a social worker? Or maybe the gp? They may be able to help with some respite care, even though it’s not so easy with the virus, your health must be suffering by having to cope alone and they should be trying to help you. Maybe they could help you find a support group for others who are caring for their relatives that you could contact too, as it often helps to chat to others who are going through the same as you are.

We are all here to chat to you too xx
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Looking after your mum must be incredibly tough at the moment. Does she have a social worker? Or maybe the gp? They may be able to help with some respite care, even though it’s not so easy with the virus, your health must be suffering by having to cope alone and they should be trying to help you. Maybe they could help you find a support group for others who are caring for their relatives that you could contact too, as it often helps to chat to others who are going through the same as you are.

We are all here to chat to you too xx
She has a psychiatrist and a mental health team. She did have an occupational therapist pre Covid and she still does have a woman who meets her every other week for an hour, they will go on a walk or she will take my mum to an appointment. Which is good, as it helps massively for her to have some other support.

I guess I just wish that we had another family member, like if I had a sister that could help me out, share half the responsibilities so I wouldn’t feel so out of my depth.

I definitely do need to find a support group. I tried mentioning all of this to my GP once and she just said that I should look online for a support group and left it at that, she didn’t really want to go into other ways of helping me with my low mood, which was a bit sad. I would like to try counselling, but then Covid happened and I never made the appointment to ask.

Thank you it is kind of you and likewise, if anyone ever wants to vent I’m always glad to listen. I think I might go out for a walk, calm myself down and start the day again. 💜
Old 26 Oct 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

She has a psychiatrist and a mental health team. She did have an occupational therapist pre Covid and she still does have a woman who meets her every other week for an hour, they will go on a walk or she will take my mum to an appointment. Which is good, as it helps massively for her to have some other support.

I guess I just wish that we had another family member, like if I had a sister that could help me out, share half the responsibilities so I wouldn’t feel so out of my depth.

I definitely do need to find a support group. I tried mentioning all of this to my GP once and she just said that I should look online for a support group and left it at that, she didn’t really want to go into other ways of helping me with my low mood, which was a bit sad. I would like to try counselling, but then Covid happened and I never made the appointment to ask.

Thank you it is kind of you and likewise, if anyone ever wants to vent I’m always glad to listen. I think I might go out for a walk, calm myself down and start the day again. 💜
Some gp’s are definitely more helpful than others, it may be worth asking another in the practise if they could recommend a support group for you, or contact your local authority (council) to ask if they know of any groups in the area. Mind may be able to help you find a local support group too and they may be able to help you with counselling xx

I find a nice walk in the fresh air does help, even if it’s just a short term fix xx
Old 26 Oct 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Definitely try and get some further help. OH has had his counselling over the phone since March. In a way I think he’s prefers it because he doesn’t have to leave the house once he’s settled - his is 8.30pm on a Monday. (He’s upstairs now in a session). It has certainly got him through the ****.

Had my GP appointment on Thursday, as expected I had to come off my pill and try a new one. I’m worried about starting it, I’m dreading the possibility of side effects. I’ve tried two others before - one honestly sent me into a crazy woman, and the other gave me spots - doesn’t sound too bad but I’ve NEVER suffered with them and it took 3 months coming off that pill for them to go away, with my wedding in 7 months I really don’t want to risk that again.

A friend is in hospital after attempting suicide this weekend, thankfully they will be fine. He’s had so much t deal with in this lockdown, and has now been made redundant, there just seems like there’s no other way out. It’s so bloody rubbish out there at the moment! Jobs just aren’t there, there’s so many people applying for the same jobs people just aren’t getting a look in.

I don’t know how much people will be able to take anymore .
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List