Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 30 Oct 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney DVC gold pass refund

Eventually spoke to Disney on the phone about 6 weeks ago requesting a refund on our annual passes but still no sign in my credit card account. Just wonder if anyone has had a similar experience.
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
dizneemad
VIP Dibber

Yes, in the same boat cancelled it in August but still waiting. Have the number and plan on ringing them next week. Was told expect payment in October!
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

My AP wasn't a DVC gold pass but a regular platinum pass.

Asked to cancel it in June. Got one payment around July/August which wasn't the amount I expected (think they only refunded me for the 3+ months Disney was closed). Emailed them again in August and just saw they refunded me for the remainder last month.

It really took quite a while to get the refund but it eventually did show up on my card!
Old 31 Oct 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

We had our refund for our DVC gold ap at the beginning of October.
Is the payment method that you used to pay for your AP still valid? If you used a magic band or cash for example you will be sent a cheque.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

There's a thread on here called 'Anyone received refund from Disney annual pass'. You might want to read it.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So I was told by Disney it can take up to 2 credit card cycles (so 2 months from when it disappeared from your account). If they can't return to the original payment card it will take longer as they are issuing cheques. I emailed to chase as cancelled mine back when the offer first came out and am still waiting. They checked and a cheque is being issued but they are running behind so should be out by the end of the month. I wouldn't expect a refund any time soon if you only requested 6 weeks ago. My AP disappeared off my app back at the beginning of September (8 weeks ago) and still nothing. Just be patient. There are a lot of refunds going out. I would say if you are worried (like I was as has now been more than 2 card cycles) email them and see what they say but I doubt they will give you anything more than "please wait" at this stage.

Edited at 08:45 AM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List