Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Nov 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile Paint colours - Dulux Vintage Chandelier?

Has anybody used the Dulux colour Vintage Chandelier?

Would love to see pictures if you’ve used it.

I’m after a neutral/grey that would go with pale stone coloured furniture and a taupe carpet.

Most colours I’m finding are too cream and others to grey and cold looking.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Not seen that one, maybe not on the trade colour card🥴 I have just finished decorating our house in various greys/neutral/beiges to go with pale beige/stone carpets, and like you wanted the cooler colours no creams!

I have got grey wisp in the lounge with chic shadow chimney breast to go with black tweedy furniture. Delicate veil in hall, stairs and landing as well as spare room. Sons room is in polished pebble, daughters is just walnut as are 3 walls of Dh study, 4th wall is chic shadow. Our room is white mist. All are Dulux. We are having the carpets fitted next week so will post some photos once that is done.

We are really pleased so far and can’t believe how different the house is now it’s not various shades of magnolia and peach😂

It is a hard job choosing it all!
Old 21 Nov 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Not seen that one, maybe not on the trade colour card🥴 I have just finished decorating our house in various greys/neutral/beiges to go with pale beige/stone carpets, and like you wanted the cooler colours no creams!

I have got grey wisp in the lounge with chic shadow chimney breast to go with black tweedy furniture. Delicate veil in hall, stairs and landing as well as spare room. Sons room is in polished pebble, daughters is just walnut as are 3 walls of Dh study, 4th wall is chic shadow. Our room is white mist. All are Dulux. We are having the carpets fitted next week so will post some photos once that is done.

We are really pleased so far and can’t believe how different the house is now it’s not various shades of magnolia and peach😂

It is a hard job choosing it all!
Thanks, we have just walnut in our hall and bedroom currently, it’s the right tone but I think I want slightly darker as the room it’s for is much brighter.

We also have chic shadow in our house and I think polished pebble 😂

Will take a look at the others you’ve mentioned and I’d love to see some pictures to see the total effect.

It is so difficult to choose! I think I’ll have to put lots of testers up on the walls to see how it actually looks but it’s still not the same as seeing a whole wall/room done.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

I think a lot depends on which way the house faces. We have no main windows facing west, most are east and north which is a cold light which I have decided to embrace rather than try and change it. The previous owners had tried to and it definitely didn't work even to the point that all the ceilings were also mag/peach or cream!
Old 22 Nov 20, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post

I haven’t used it, but the pics I have found of it, definitely suggest cream.

dulux/en/colour-de...age-chandelier
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I like that but I never decorate any room without trying testers because the light can be so different and you have to like the shade at all times of day.
As a heads up B and M sell Dulux testers for I think £1.45 as opposed to £2 in Homebase.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

I’ve just bought a range of “grey” testers
It’s amazing how different they all are on the wall. Have made the mistake of not doing this before and had to Repaint the whole room😩

We went for pebble shore ( Dulux)
Old 22 Nov 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by letty View Post
I’ve just bought a range of “grey” testers
It’s amazing how different they all are on the wall. Have made the mistake of not doing this before and had to Repaint the whole room😩

We went for pebble shore ( Dulux)
And this is why ultimately what suits one doesn't suit another. You may actually want an identical look but different rooms will need a different paint to get it. Oh heck I know what I mean!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I like that but I never decorate any room without trying testers because the light can be so different and you have to like the shade at all times of day.
As a heads up B and M sell Dulux testers for I think £1.45 as opposed to £2 in Homebase.
I ended up buying all mine direct from Dulux, @1.90 each free delivery, all in stock and delivered to my door!
Old 22 Nov 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MillieMoo23
Getting Excited

We painted our lounge in dulux tranquil dawn and love it. We have a very light grey carpet and grey sofa, and works really well. We’re in a new build and walls were white and it’s made the room feel a lot warmer. Think it was the colour of the year for 2020
MillieMoo23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List