Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I replied privately saying at times like this a one star review can be really damaging to small businesses like mine, I feel like I shouldn't have but I also mentioned about losing dad recently and how upset she had made me especially at this time of year. I regret saying that now but it was said while I was crying in the toilet. Oh well it's not like she can give me 0 stars lol

Also if I publicly reply to the review she can't change it, so I'm leaving it for a couple of days just to see if she has the heart to change it
Old 29 Nov 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Angcap
Getting Excited

Hang in there, I’d have done the same. What’s done is done. Now cuddle up, look at your beautiful tree (try not to rearrange the lights tonight lol) and DON’T look at anything tonight. Tomorrow is a new day x

Edited at 08:31 PM.
Angcap is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Louise
It happens we had a horrible one when I had the florist not our fault really but we just didn’t check orders for a couple of days in advance
It’s how you Fix it that matters
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

My sister once ordered a personalised mug for her partner ... and didn’t realise it was personalised on the front and back and only did the front.

Everyone fights to use the mug which says ‘insert your own humorous caption here’ on the back 😂
Old 29 Nov 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I know what site you are talking about, and their review system is rubbish for sellers, and puts pressure on buyers to review asap. People are far too quick to leave bad feedback but won't put the same effort into leaving good, and it's particularly important to small businesses. You've done all you can, and if she doesn't amend her feedback you can always ask for it to be removed, and I'm fairly sure if you cancel the sale as it's now been refunded that the feedback will be removed anyway.
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Aug 2005-Eagle Pointe Villas
Sept 2004-DLP Disneyland Hotel and New York Hotel
Adora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Oh what a shame Louise! A simple error and we’d laugh about it here.

I ordered my wedding place cards and there was an option to put bridesmaid, groom, usher etc under the name for the wedding party. I chose that option but they came with a few more that had bridesmaid on, men too. We had a good giggle and my DH made me use them.

Edited at 08:43 AM.
mitch84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
LexiBantam
Excited about Disney

Mobile

For what it’s worth, I read a lot of reviews, but often disregard 1 star reviews- especially when they’ve been too dramatic about a genuine error. Ignore it and carry on as you were - you’ll never meet anyone who hasn’t made a mistake at work xx
LexiBantam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Give it a day or two, then if she doesn't change the review go on and say that you are sorry for the error and you issues a refund immediately. Many people - myself included - expect a few not so perfect ones as it shows the reviews I am reading are genuine. Ones like this I then disregard as a drama queen hissy fit. Good luck with your business.
sam7 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

I'll never forget going to pick up my daughters 8th birthday cake on the way to her party. The bakery had forgotten about it. A moment of panic and a quick trip across the road to the coop, problem solved. Mistakes happen, the review is way too harsh.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

When I see a one star review amongst all the other good ones I tend to assume it was a drama Queen as it’s unlikely if there are lots of 5 star that a one star was warranted.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List