Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Sep 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydreaming_
Proud to wear my Ears

There used to be one in Lakeside in Essex but it disappeared a few years back. Was good whilst it lasted!
Disneydreaming_ is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Has anyone any update on this opening?
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

Not seen an opening date, but they were advertising for staff last week so fairly soon I would imagine
Luckily I’m still home working so my diet is safe for now 😂

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

I remember back in the early mid 90’s there was an Arby’s in Union Street Glasgow.. Just up from HMV and the Virgin Megastore. Never used them I was a Tower Records guy .
Man, it was good, seasoned curly fries (never seen those before) huge roast beef sandwiches, hot dip and a thing called root beer, the hell is that? Dunno, but it’s sounds great gimmie one..
Sadly, it was a good 20 years ahead of its time for us Glaswegians who were probably blown away by the level of customer service and shear choice. We weren’t quite ready for it..
I find a lot of these brands don’t do well here as the franchisee isn’t bothered in producing a quality product, yes, they invest a LOT but bet on the brand name alone in driving footfall.
Cooking oils not changed frequently, poor staff, no emphasis on cleaning etc..
There are some outlets that do produce good products and service of course but these I find are the exception to the rule.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Manny Haines View Post
I remember back in the early mid 90’s there was an Arby’s in Union Street Glasgow.. Just up from HMV and the Virgin Megastore. Never used them I was a Tower Records guy .
Man, it was good, seasoned curly fries (never seen those before) huge roast beef sandwiches, hot dip and a thing called root beer, the hell is that? Dunno, but it’s sounds great gimmie one..
Sadly, it was a good 20 years ahead of its time for us Glaswegians who were probably blown away by the level of customer service and shear choice. We weren’t quite ready for it..
I find a lot of these brands don’t do well here as the franchisee isn’t bothered in producing a quality product, yes, they invest a LOT but bet on the brand name alone in driving footfall.
Cooking oils not changed frequently, poor staff, no emphasis on cleaning etc..
There are some outlets that do produce good products and service of course but these I find are the exception to the rule.
I think if any franchisee will do well it will be the Issa Brothers. They are a very successful local business who have become billionaires having purchased a single petrol station twenty years ago. They certainly know how to make money !
The hotel is due to open in February but I have seen the adverts for staff recruitment for Cinnabon so I would expect it to be open fairly soon.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
Not seen an opening date, but they were advertising for staff last week so fairly soon I would imagine
Luckily I’m still home working so my diet is safe for now 😂
A new BK opened up near here. They were advertising for staff around 4 months before opening
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Is there going to be one in Bolton too? Saw an advert for a Cinnabon manager based in Bolton today. That’s better for me, closer to home, but I used to drive to Telford when they had one there for my fix years ago so Blackburn isn’t far at all.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

Yes there is - I would guess it will eventually be rolled out to all the Euro Garage sites as they tend to have the same franchises 😊
They are actively recruiting for Bolton as well as Blackburn though at the moment.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
I wonder if we will soon be able to buy Cinnabon rolls in Asda now ?
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Cinnabon is opening on 4 December ! Buy one get one free if anyone is local.
EG group are also planning on opening 150 more.