Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Nov 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

My then 6 year old nephew was looking at my husbands Gulf war medals when they were at our house on Christmas fay. Having studied them for a while he then asked my husband, in a very serious voice "Uncle John, did you die in the war". He then proceeded to run off saying "This is the best Christmas ever" leaving my husband wondering what had just happened!
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mum's first time at Subway to the bemused kid behind the counter

"I'll have a torpedo please... No no! I mean one of those submarine sandwiches"

She also thought a cheeseburger was going to be made out of cheese and was disappointed to find meat in there.

Edited at 10:52 AM.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Mrsmoo honestly thought that Recycled Toilet Paper was you know, used...
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My 5yr old Grandson came out of School on Friday and said to his Mum - 'they pulled something out of my nose today'

Mum in a panic and wondering what the heck he had shoved up his nose and they had to pull out for him.

5 mins later her eldest Child comes out and tells her they both had the nasal flu spray that day.

So it transpires he didn't mind the stuff going up but wasn't keen on the kit coming out.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

My mum
'Can you watch the time, because I haven't got time to watch it?'
She meant my sister needed to keep an eye on the time she needed to set off for school rather than relying on her.
Also my mum, on walking passed a deckchair hire place in Blackpool 'I don't know how people can stand to sit in deck chairs all day.'

My nephew when he was around 4 yr old, we had told him we were visiting Grandad's garden - we were visiting grandad's grave. 'Why's there all these dead bodies in grandad's garden?'

Also my nephew at around 5yr old. We'd gone to a fish and chip shop and sat inside, he was insistant he didn't want anything, but we knew he'd probably want some when the food arrived and could share from our plates. So the server handed out the cutlery.
'What have they given me this fork 'n' knife for?' that isn't what it sounded like.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

When my eldest daughter was very little she stayed the night at my sister in law's. When I picked her up she told me that Aunty Shelly had put salt all over her. It turned out that after her bath her Aunty had put talc on her😂.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DD phoned the driving test centre to book a test. When she was asked her forenames she paused then said ‘but I’ve only got 2’. Me and the person on the line were laughing hysterically.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our back Garden is next to the 12th hole of the local golf course... now, the 12th hole has a blind tee shot [so when you tee off you cant see where the ball [should] land]...as golfers know there is a bell you ring once you have played your second shot, to let the guys on the Tee know they can now take their tee shots without hitting you..!

So...DW and I were sitting out the back enjoying a nice summers evening and we heard the bell ring, conversation went like this...

DW : What was that, a bell?
ME : Yeah, its the bell for the 12th hole on the golf course
DW : What do you mean?
ME : Well, when you play your second shot you have to tell the guys on the tee its safe for them to play so you sound the bell

DW : Well, never knew that... you would have thought with the clubs and balls and stuff they would have enough to carry round the course.

ME : Sorry, what?
DW : Well each guy has to carry a big bell to ring as well..!

Cue laughter for 5 minutes till I caught breath to tell her...
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
The 13th Duke
Getting Excited

My daughter (early 20's so not a child) once asked me what the nut was on top of a Walnut Whip 😲. Recounting this story to my daughters friend, she also looked confused and incredulously responded to said question with "is it a hazelnut ? " 🤣. I was both amazed, saddened a little and laughing at the same time.
The 13th Duke is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The 13th Duke View Post
My daughter (early 20's so not a child) once asked me what the nut was on top of a Walnut Whip 😲. Recounting this story to my daughters friend, she also looked confused and incredulously responded to said question with "is it a hazelnut ? " 🤣. I was both amazed, saddened a little and laughing at the same time.
Years ago my daughter asked if we were having brain nuts for Xmas - she meant walnuts. She said they looked like brains😂.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List