Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Aug 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tory79
Excited about Disney

Mobile Wot, no Disney?! Pre travel day

So as I mentioned before, this was our first time flying from Manchester. We were booked in to Premier Inn Runger Lane North for the night.

We spent the morning doing the usual pre holiday faffing, last minute packing etc. I normally do a lot of cleaning but as our house is undergoing a lot of building work I’m having to let go of my usual standards a bit there!

We left about 2 and arrived shortly after 4. Our room was fine, bog standard premier inn. We are at Thyme. The food was fine but the service was atrocious - soooooo slow! We arrived at 6 and didn’t leave til 8! They weren’t particularly busy either. It was ridiculous and our server never once apologised even though we had to chase up each course. It took 20m just for 2 kids desserts to arrive! Thank goodness for a couple of glasses of Pinot! The food was fine, just spoiled by the wait for everything.

Ds2 enjoying pasta and meatballs

DS1 had a bacon and cheeseburger

I had the skewer platter from their taste of the med range. It was average. Dh had a curry, I have no picture. Again average.

The boys enjoyed their desserts once they finally appeared!

Does anyone else feel like theirs are the only kids in the world who can’t seem to behave when you’re out? Honestly, they can’t sit still for 5 minutes and they’re so blinking noisy. All around us children seem to be sitting beautifully and waiting patiently...

Anyhoo, back to the room, the boys had a quick bath and we all hit the sack. 5am start tomorrow as our flight is at 9:15.
Old 5 Aug 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Does anyone else feel like theirs are the only kids in the world who can’t seem to behave when you’re out?

Yeah I feel like that. They were once good for a whole week. My youngest was terrible eating out in Florida though
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Have a great time 😁
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Lol, we all , well most of us , have kids with ants in their pants.
We travel as extended family and my 2 grandsons seem to get more warnings to sit still. Think it’s a mixture of boredom and excitement .

To be honest you wouldn’t want it any other way.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
jengibbo
Excited about Disney

My two are so crazy when they are out. Bickering, punching, kicking it never ends. They are 11 and 8. However we were having dinner last week (we are in Maine on holiday) and a lady commented how well behaved they were. Everyone’s perceptions are different I guess. Enjoy your holiday.
jengibbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisDubs
Gone all Goofy

This is our plan for next year.. Really looking forward to reading how you get on..!
DisDubs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I've only just seen this trippie to delve into. My two boys will be the same age as yours when we go next year and we're staying at Cabana Bay for a few nights. I'm looking forward to getting some tips.

I'm with you on the dinner behaviour thing. My eldest is really loud for one and they won't sit at the table properly! However we've never been thrown out of a restaurant so they can't be that bad!
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tory79
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
I've only just seen this trippie to delve into. My two boys will be the same age as yours when we go next year and we're staying at Cabana Bay for a few nights. I'm looking forward to getting some tips.

I'm with you on the dinner behaviour thing. My eldest is really loud for one and they won't sit at the table properly! However we've never been thrown out of a restaurant so they can't be that bad!
Hope it’s of use! Feel free to ask any questions. No we haven’t been kicked out of anywhere either. Yet...
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have a fabulous time!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List