Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 4 Apr 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

OAT have now reluctantly agreed to refund the full amount of the SeaWorld tickets minus the deposit. I really really had to fight for this though and I lost count of how many emails went back and forth between us as I refused to back down on it. They have gone down considerably in my estimations. I would never use them again and would be happy to pay slightly more for tickets in future to use a company with better customer service.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
OAT have now reluctantly agreed to refund the full amount of the SeaWorld tickets minus the deposit. I really really had to fight for this though and I lost count of how many emails went back and forth between us as I refused to back down on it. They have gone down considerably in my estimations. I would never use them again and would be happy to pay slightly more for tickets in future to use a company with better customer service.
Can I ask - had you paid for the tickets fully and when were you going to use them. We have discovery cove ultimate tickets for August and are probably going to cancel just wondering if we would get anything back?
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Can I ask - had you paid for the tickets fully and when were you going to use them. We have discovery cove ultimate tickets for August and are probably going to cancel just wondering if we would get anything back?
We were supposed to be going next month and yes I’d paid in full.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
kingofhonour
Apprentice Imagineer

kingofhonour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
people have long memorys and when this is all over they will remeber the companys that did the right thing!
kingofhonour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Robpuguk View Post
With regards to Klook... they told me they cancelled my tickets and processed the refund on March 20th... we are now at April 4th and still no sign of the refund.

Have got Barclaycard involved now. Shouldn’t take that long for a payment to clear.
Me too, I got email saying I could get refund for my Seaworld tickets 16th March. I then emailed a few days ago and they said it was done on 19th March and the usual speel about banks taking 30 days. Annoyingly I have to send proof of flight cancellation to get universal tickets refunded. 30 days will be 18th April. I'll get onto my bank if nothing by then.
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by minimum77 View Post
Me too, I got email saying I could get refund for my Seaworld tickets 16th March. I then emailed a few days ago and they said it was done on 19th March and the usual speel about banks taking 30 days. Annoyingly I have to send proof of flight cancellation to get universal tickets refunded. 30 days will be 18th April. I'll get onto my bank if nothing by then.
30 days is not usual spiel. If you have been told banks can take 30 days Klook are lying to you plain and simple. From the time of being keyed refunds would show in your bank in a MAXIMUM of 3-5 working days. If they refunded on the 19th March the transaction should have showed on your online statement by end of day on 24/03/20 at the latest, if it didn't they did not process it on the 19th, fact.
Blueste is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I know they are lying. I've had refund from air BnB and got it 2 days later. Problem is my husband won't phone bank until 30 days is up. He needs to grow a pair. I've argued until I'm blue in the face. I know the bank will ask him questions and he has no clue. It's his card but I do all the bookings and planning. I swear he has no idea what hotel I booked.
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Robpuguk View Post
With regards to Klook... they told me they cancelled my tickets and processed the refund on March 20th... we are now at April 4th and still no sign of the refund.

Have got Barclaycard involved now. Shouldn’t take that long for a payment to clear.
Did you phone or can you claim by email/online. Card is hubby's but he has no idea. I would rather do it but I know they won't talk to me but if I could claim online then I could do it for him. He would come off the phone and have no idea what is happening. We have Halifax Clarity but it through Bank of Scotland although I think they are the same company now.
Old 6 Apr 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Robpuguk
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

I had to ring Barclays dispute line and they are sending out a form which I need to attach all emails, flight details etc and then send back to them.

I’m presuming each card provider will do it different though
Robpuguk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Hawaii04 View Post
Exactly. I purchased 14 days entry to Disney and universal from 31st March. They did not supply that. Has anyone got any good experiences in getting refunded as they will be the company getting my money next time. Thanks
No, you purchased tickets for Disney and Universal to be used in 2020. You received those tickets. At the point you received the tickets then your contract with the ticket company ended - it correctly supplied what you contracted, and paid for, them to provide.

It's not the ticket company's fault if you are not permitted to actually use that ticket - either because all flights have been cancelled, the parks are closed, or some other reason. In the same way that it's not the ticket company's fault if you can't use the ticket due to sickness, bad weather/hurricanes, incorrect travel documents, travel disruptions due to volcanos/strikes/terrorists/whatever, or any other reason.

Your issue should be taken up with the company who cannot honour the terms and conditions on the ticket - in this case Disney and/or Universal. If they are not allowing you to use your ticket then they should offer a refund or credit to be used later (unless it states in the ticket Ts&Cs that they don't give refunds if they close the parks). Or take it up with your insurance company - that's what insurance is there for (of course, this assumes you chose to take out insurance that covers the loss in these circumstances).

What is good to see is that some companies are offering a refund, minus their usual admin/cancellation fee. They don't have to do this, so this is a goodwill gesture on their part.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List