Notices

Old 13 Apr 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

I am absolutely loving this trip report, well done on the time it must take you.
Would you be able (if you remember of have receipts) at how much you are spending on food and snacks please?
And I have a granddaughter who will be about 2 yrs older than Myla, and my oh my she would lover her, sociable and loves water too XX
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
I am absolutely loving this trip report, well done on the time it must take you.
Would you be able (if you remember of have receipts) at how much you are spending on food and snacks please?
And I have a granddaughter who will be about 2 yrs older than Myla, and my oh my she would lover her, sociable and loves water too XX
Aw thanks, it's so lovely to hear people are enjoying it!

Yes, I kept receipts of everything and wrote every single expense down in my spreadsheet - my husband and I were very keen to figure out how much we spent on food in the villa as opposed to on-site, and for our time on-site, how our spending would have compared to a dining package! So I have this all listed in my spreadsheet - is there anything in particular you wanted to know?

Here are the general tallies for the entire holiday:

Total spending money for the 5 weeks: $3465.30

Spread out over these categories:
  1. Food = $2372.80
  2. Souvenirs = $828.20
  3. Other = $264.30 (this consists of Crayola Experience Tickets, petrol, and cash from the ATM for tips)

I then subdivided the food into:
While we were at the villa = $858.10
While we were in Disney = $1514.70

And I then also divided each by the number of days:

Total Food Spend: $2372 over 35 days -> $67.77 per day
Disney Food Spent only: $1641 over 20 days -> $82 per day (this includes $127 at spent at Target for in-room breakfast & snacks the day before we checked in)
Villa Food Spent only: $730 over 14 days -> $52 per day

Keep in mind that those amounts are for 2 adults and our 3 year old who is a picky eater and would be happiest living off Goldfish, bananas, and icecream alone (she definitely wouldn't eat most of the Disney kids meals!). Plus note that we don't drink alcohol, neither of us likes sodas or fizzy drinks, and we eat mostly vegan & vegetarian foods, which are normally a little bit cheaper than the meat dishes. If you need to pay for drinks with every meal because you don't like or don't want to drink water, that can add up quickly! Also, we don't eat out a lot, in the villa we mostly did lunches or snacks out but for most nights, ate a homecooked meal in the villa, that definitely helped to keep costs down!

The Disney Quick Serve dining plan would have been $55 for us adults and $26 for Myla -> $136 a day. On average we spent around $82 a day in Disney, so we're MUCH cheaper off not paying for a dining plan, although we now know how much roughly that might save us a day if we were able to get it for free.

If you wanted to know anything else, just ask - my spreadsheet is fairly meticulous haha!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
Aw thanks, it's so lovely to hear people are enjoying it!

Yes, I kept receipts of everything and wrote every single expense down in my spreadsheet - my husband and I were very keen to figure out how much we spent on food in the villa as opposed to on-site, and for our time on-site, how our spending would have compared to a dining package! So I have this all listed in my spreadsheet - is there anything in particular you wanted to know?

Here are the general tallies for the entire holiday:

Total spending money for the 5 weeks: $3465.30

Spread out over these categories:
  1. Food = $2372.80
  2. Souvenirs = $828.20
  3. Other = $264.30 (this consists of Crayola Experience Tickets, petrol, and cash from the ATM for tips)

I then subdivided the food into:
While we were at the villa = $858.10
While we were in Disney = $1514.70

And I then also divided each by the number of days:

Total Food Spend: $2372 over 35 days -> $67.77 per day
Disney Food Spent only: $1641 over 20 days -> $82 per day (this includes $127 at spent at Target for in-room breakfast & snacks the day before we checked in)
Villa Food Spent only: $730 over 14 days -> $52 per day

Keep in mind that those amounts are for 2 adults and our 3 year old who is a picky eater and would be happiest living off Goldfish, bananas, and icecream alone (she definitely wouldn't eat most of the Disney kids meals!). Plus note that we don't drink alcohol, neither of us likes sodas or fizzy drinks, and we eat mostly vegan & vegetarian foods, which are normally a little bit cheaper than the meat dishes. If you need to pay for drinks with every meal because you don't like or don't want to drink water, that can add up quickly! Also, we don't eat out a lot, in the villa we mostly did lunches or snacks out but for most nights, ate a homecooked meal in the villa, that definitely helped to keep costs down!

The Disney Quick Serve dining plan would have been $55 for us adults and $26 for Myla -> $136 a day. On average we spent around $82 a day in Disney, so we're MUCH cheaper off not paying for a dining plan, although we now know how much roughly that might save us a day if we were able to get it for free.

If you wanted to know anything else, just ask - my spreadsheet is fairly meticulous haha!
This is my idea of heaven, everything in a spreadsheet.
So next year (I travel alone most years as children cannot afford to go as often as I can as I can go out of school holidays) I am going to do 10 days in a villa, then 10 days on site.
I am not doing any Disney while in villa, decided I would like to go out and about and also enjoy trying foods in different restaurants, but am soooo looking forward to villa days, around the pool, eating from fridge etc so this has been a great guide for me.
Then hopefully if the free dining comes out this month will book 10 days at POFQ with the free quick service.
If they do not offer the free dining, will probably book a value resort and purchase out of pocket.
So I was VERY happy seeing your disney food budget.
Cannot wait to read rest of this report, it is this one that pushed me to book a villa, only do villa when we all go over and need more room.
Thank again for all of your detailed information, and when my children get to go again I will be kitting my granddaughter out in all of your dresses (already been on site and had a look) she likes to change her dress at least three times a day
Sarah xx
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

So happy hear it's of some use for you! I have to say we absolutely loved having the villa time - it's definitely something we would do again if we had the funds and time for an extra 2 weeks! Haha good for your granddaughter - she sounds like a little fashionista!

Also, day 10 added!
Day 10: Aquatica Again
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Day 11 added!

Day 11: SeaWorld & Outlets
Old 15 Apr 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Day 12 added!

Day 12: Crayola Experience, Florida Mall & Target
Old 16 Apr 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Day 13 added! Warning, this one is massive with a TON of photos lol!

Day 13: Disney Skyliner & Resort Hopping: SSP, ASM, AoA, and CB
Old 17 Apr 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Day 14 added - our last villa day!

Day 14: Packing up, Target, & Windsor Hills Pool
Old 18 Apr 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Day 15 is up!

Day 15: Magical Express, Checking into Saratoga Springs, & Epcot!
Old 19 Apr 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Day 16 added!

Day 16: Animal Kingdom & Disney Springs