Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 May 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

BA Seating Refunds-Anyone Received one yet?

Hi
I cancelled my trip with BA for July.
I received a voucher for the £300 deposit I had paid to use at a future date.
I was expecting £230 back as well for seats I had booked both ways but had to fill out separate claim forms for these.When I submitted these it said it would take up to 28 Days to refund which will be vouchers for use on seating purchases for future flights.
Has anyone actually had a refund for seating yet and how long did it take?
Was the seating refund a completely separate voucher?
I also noticed that the voucher I have received for the £300 deposit will be taken off of the balance of any booking so if you book a BA holiday you will still need to pay a deposit at time of booking and then BA will apply voucher when paying balance.

So I paid £530 to BA for deposit and seats of which they gave me voucher for £300 for deposit and then asked me to apply separately for voucher for £230 for paid seats which will be a separate voucher which can only be used for seat bookings in the future

Thanks

Edited at 07:31 AM.
antietam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachie
Apprentice Imagineer

no..I filled in the form in Mch when my flight (23rd Mch) was cancelled.
I've had nothing as yet
Rachie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I asked for a refund last week in March via email & then via Twitter, here’s their 2 replies on DM on Twitter,

27th April:
They're processed by two different teams, therefore the refunds will arrive at different times. These are having to be processed manually and with such a large volume of requests coming in it's taking us longer than we initially expected to get back to our customers.

14th May:
Hi there. We’re sorry to hear you’re still waiting to receive your refund. I’m afraid, due to the current pandemic, our Refunds team are dealing with an increased number of refund requests. Therefore, it’s taking longer to process your refund than our normal turnaround times. Please bear with us and as soon as your refund has been processed, our team will send you a notification. Thanks for your continued patience.

So we’ll just have to wait a bit longer they were so quick & efficient for the package refund I thought they’d be the same
Good luck everyone x
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Hi , which email address did you use

Thanks

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
I asked for a refund last week in March via email & then via Twitter, here’s their 2 replies on DM on Twitter,

27th April:
They're processed by two different teams, therefore the refunds will arrive at different times. These are having to be processed manually and with such a large volume of requests coming in it's taking us longer than we initially expected to get back to our customers.

14th May:
Hi there. We’re sorry to hear you’re still waiting to receive your refund. I’m afraid, due to the current pandemic, our Refunds team are dealing with an increased number of refund requests. Therefore, it’s taking longer to process your refund than our normal turnaround times. Please bear with us and as soon as your refund has been processed, our team will send you a notification. Thanks for your continued patience.

So we’ll just have to wait a bit longer they were so quick & efficient for the package refund I thought they’d be the same
Good luck everyone x
Old 19 May 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I just googled BA seat refunds & went to their website then scrolled down for seat refund for cancelled flight & filled in this form
Good luck, I’ll let you know if I’m lucky
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I called last week requesting a refund as one of our internal flights had been cancelled so wanted it all cancelled (24th June / 10th July), and they refunded our seats at the same time as the deposit. The money and avios were all refunded within 3 days. Hope this helps

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
coola
Excited about Disney

We were the same 6 days after BA cancelled , we had deposit refund and seat refund on the same day , 2 different transactions. No hassle at all.
coola is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coola View Post
We were the same 6 days after BA cancelled , we had deposit refund and seat refund on the same day , 2 different transactions. No hassle at all.
That’s nice & quick for you 💰great news
Old 19 May 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
arhclo
slightly serious Dibber

We made a claim over the phone in March... air fare returned same day, took about a month for seat reservations to be refunded
Old 19 May 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Hi

How are seat refunds coming back, what do you get when they refund?

Is it another voucher separate from the booking voucher?

Thanks