Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 30 Oct 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

Avis preferred

Hello! I have read posts about this but we are still a bit confused.
We have booked flydrive and have a car booked with AVIS. We have read that if you are avis preferred you get to skip the counter, however this will be our first time renting a car and I have also read being the first time you don't get to skip the counter? Can someone explain what the process is for a first timer?
How far in advance can you see your reservation in the app? We have been trying to find it and it says to try again later.

Many thanks in advance!
Aurora2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
First time with Avis Preferred at Tampa Airport, I skipped the desk and went to the garage where I was given the keys at the desk and they checked my licence quickly.

After a long flight this is much less stressful than having to stand in line at the desk and listen to someone try and sell you insurances and upgrades you don't need.
2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - The Return of Three Jedi
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)>. > - Rogue One
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - 12 Parsecs
MadHatter1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Which airport are you flying into?

We are regular Alamo people but back in Nov 2017 we spotted a tremendous deal with BA for a fly-drive into MCO too good to ignore.

It was our first time with Avis and we joined AP. This allowed us to go straight to the garage on B side where we showed our paperwork and D/L and that was that. Car was allocated but I believe there is a swap line if you don't like it.

Sorry but I don't know what the app does but there are Avis experts on here who will.

Mick
Old 30 Oct 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hi, yes we downloaded the app and got the booking ref off BA, we just signed in with that. We always used alamo but they don't use them anymore but we have never had any problems with avis 🤞
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

Hello! Thank you all so much. We are flying into Miami. Much easier if we can just go straight to the garage then as we are flying with a toddler. We will contact Avis as the reference number doesn’t seem to work on the app!
Aurora2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve used Avis at Miami and it was straightforward. Take the MIA to the transportation centre & then go downstairs to the garage.
As it’s your first time you will need to go to the kiosk with your details and your car will be in an allocated space.
I have the USA Avis app which is great as you can see your car as soon as you land and can swop it before you get to the garage.
sparkles18 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Avis preferred is great , the first time you use it you will need to go to the kiosk in the garage to confirm your booking show your licence etc and you will be told to go to a particular bay to get your car, u can also prepay for your fuel at the kiosk if you want. For any further bookings you make your name should be on the board opp the kiosk so you can go straight to your car, there is no longer a swap lane they did away with it, however if you don’t like the car your allocated you can go back to the kiosk and ask for something else in the class you have booked, depending how busy it is will depend if you get to swap . The best tip is to download the American Avis app and you will see what car you have been allocated and can swap it on way to garage for something else in the class you booked in, also dropping the person in the kiosk a few $$$ may get you the car you want
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
First time with Avis Preferred last year at MCO, had to show documents at kiosk then told which bay it was in. Unfortunately the bay had some German car in it. Quick trip back to the kiosk and changed for a nice V6 Impala. Looking forward to next year and being able to change car on the app before getting to the garage.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

How far before you arrive do you see the car in the app? is it usually on the same day?
Thanks!
Old 3 Nov 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

How do u get the American Avis app please?
Got the normal Avis Preferred app but can't find American one.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List