Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
It absolutely is! I wonder if we viewed it on the same day... I played around there too 😀 Never dreamed I’d be renovating it one day. It needs lots of work but like I say I am very lucky.

Just shattered and getting ready knowing what’s coming at school again tomorrow. Feel like I need to give myself a shake and count my blessings!
You are very lucky and I know it needs a heck of a lot of work but it will be fabulous .
Post some photos when you can. It’s an amazing house . I went to local School so Vicar and he son was in my class (way way back in the day lol)

Remember to breath and enjoy the renovations xx

Edited at 10:21 PM. Reason: Took away location
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
You are very lucky and I know it needs a heck of a lot of work but it will be fabulous .
Post some photos when you can. It’s an amazing house . I went to GHF School so Rvd Chalk was the Vicar and he son was in my class (way way back in the day lol)

Remember to breath and enjoy the renovations xx
Thank you.l often stop take a deep breath and say wow!
Yes I too know P (also knew his mum and dad). DH went to GHF too..I lived across town at that point 😀If you have Instagram I have an account for the rectory (have friends near and far keeping an eye on what we are trying to do)...
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
Thank you.l often stop take a deep breath and say wow!
Yes I too know P (also knew his mum and dad). DH went to GHF too..I lived across town at that point 😀If you have Instagram I have an account for the rectory (have friends near and far keeping an eye on what we are trying to do)...
I have some real old photos of P and I there , I probably know your husband too lol

Yes I have Instagram but am new to it
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Can I join too? In tears reading some of your messages.

Rewritten this a few times as we have so much to be grateful for and I don’t want to sound like I’m complaining, but I am just mentally exhausted. Struggling with constant anxiety worrying about everyone being safe, family, friends, my team at work and trying to see and recognise the positives of which there have been lots. Good days and bad days. I get told off by my DH for hunting the news/internet/Dibb for positives and then getting knocked back with sad news.

It’s dark, it’s cold, it’s miserable.. took the dog out tonight and it’s lovely seeing everyone Christmas decs and lights up so early this year. I think everyone wants some cheering up. I wonder how many will get left up in January? Christmas songs are making me sad though which I didnt expect.

I am sick of the anxiety, missing family like crazy several of whom have had some major health issues this year and we’ve not been able to see them, fed up with the holding pattern we are in, fed up of raw hands from washing them, distancing from people out walking, not being able to plan anything with certainty, sad for the kids missing out on so many things this year, not being able to hug anyone other than our immediate household.

Hopefully it’s just a little bit longer until we can move on from this nightmare and we can all, with our loved ones, get there safe and well. Heartbreaking to hear so many of you are struggling too, but it really does help to know I’m not alone, so thank you all for being so open.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

When we came out of the initial lock down we had a big family conversation
We decided the two olds their description of then self should come stay with us
Yes I’m at risk theyare too but my and there choice we wan ted family time memories
Even the strops and it’s not a decision we regret it’s probabl made us even more carful
Even our gds 3 who lives with us comes right in from nursery goes right into the downstairs loo takes his stuff off changes washes his hands before anything else and the olds pick him up 2 days a week from nursery and walk back home with him and one day with his cousin as well because we do child care
The multiple versions of happy birthday washing hands would deprive you nuts
And I want shares in any bleach or anti bac company
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I am fairly miserable too. I just want my freedom back. I don’t go anywhere much anyway but even that has been taken from me. I think I would feel a lot better if the sun was shining. Wouldn’t we all! At least then we could go for nice walks, if nothing else.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yep, I am very down at the moment, I always try to be a positive person but at the moment life is really getting on top of me.

My dad is dying with lung cancer and secondary brain cancer, my mum has a disability after a brain bleed 5 years ago and I have no siblings so I am dealing with this on my own. We were told that he wouldnt make it until Christmas on the 1st October and he has been referred to the hospice team last week.

Also we started a house extension in April and it is 3 weeks until Christmas and this is the current state of my kitchen.

I have zero Christmas spirit this year, if Christmas music is played on the radio I am switching it off.

What an awful year
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Yep, I am very down at the moment, I always try to be a positive person but at the moment life is really getting on top of me.

My dad is dying with lung cancer and secondary brain cancer, my mum has a disability after a brain bleed 5 years ago and I have no siblings so I am dealing with this on my own. We were told that he wouldnt make it until Christmas on the 1st October and he has been referred to the hospice team last week.

Also we started a house extension in April and it is 3 weeks until Christmas and this is the current state of my kitchen.

I have zero Christmas spirit this year, if Christmas music is played on the radio I am switching it off.

What an awful year
I’m sorry for you & all your family, thinking of you especially at this time of year, fingers crossed 2021 will be better & your kitchen will be FAB 💕💕
Take care xx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for starting this thread.

I’ve decided that gratitude for what you have and feeling guilty if you feel down doesn’t alter basic facts. It’s been a miserable year in lots of personal ways and I’m entitled to be unhappy about it sometimes.

I hope that things get better, even in some small way, for everyone.

Edited at 01:53 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List