Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
cabana bay good deal

had an email from travel republic. they have got some great deals at the moment

universal cabana bay for 16 nights in sept was £1260 with volcano views

£15 down and the rest to pay before you go so you know exactly what your paying.

if you book with universal you pay a deposit and the rest at the hotel but this can fluctuate with the exchange rate at the time of booking and time of holiday.

not sure how long its up for.

cancelled my booking with universal and gone with travel republic. the £130 saving can go towards my ubers

Edited at 10:23 AM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The problem being if you have to cancel there’s a £25 fee with travel republic and if you need to get hold of them for any reason it takes absolutely ages
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
The problem being if you have to cancel there’s a £25 fee with travel republic and if you need to get hold of them for any reason it takes absolutely ages
Rang them to see if they would price match stayforlong.com took around 7 mins to speak to someone and unfortunately would not price match as the other company were not abta and atol bonded

I asked would it cost a £25 cancellation fee after my 14 day booking period and was told no.

Under their new flexible agreement i could cancel foc up to 1 week prior to travelling

Edited at 01:17 PM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Yes we were not charged for cancelling, I know that charging £40 for cancelling is the normal practice.We were given back our £15 deposit too
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

do you still get the early entry to the theme parks with travel republic?
Old 1 Dec 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
do you still get the early entry to the theme parks with travel republic?
yes as you are staying in a universal hotel.

you can also use the top universals hotel pools as well unlike disney

Edited at 04:39 PM.
Old 1 Dec 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

The difference is about £100 for us - I keep looking for the catch - we booked with Universal last night but it can still be cancelled
Old 1 Dec 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Rooms sold out for my dates, but thanks for the heads up OP

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Ok that was a difficult conversation. I've just rang travel republic and was told by the gentleman that this was a standard reservation and there was no early entry to the parks included in it - if you want to pay deposit then there is a fee of £3.95 however its fully refundable including deposit.

To be honest he didn't give me any confidence whatsoever !

What would be the difference in booking the room with travel republic and booking direct with universal - before I cancel with universal? deposit was £15 with TR
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Ok that was a difficult conversation. I've just rang travel republic and was told by the gentleman that this was a standard reservation and there was no early entry to the parks included in it - if you want to pay deposit then there is a fee of £3.95 however its fully refundable including deposit.

To be honest he didn't give me any confidence whatsoever !

What would be the difference in booking the room with travel republic and booking direct with universal - before I cancel with universal? deposit was £15 with TR
Wonder if he was mixing up early entry with express pass like you get at the 3 upper range hotels.

As far as I remember you only show the people at the park gate your room key.

From Universal website. No stipulation regarding hotel guests that book direct

The turnstiles to the park(s) participating in early entry will open between 60 and 90 minutes before the official opening time. Both hotel and day guests will be admitted to the park, and each EPA-eligible guest (including children) will need to show his or her own room key to pass beyond the park's entry plaza during the early admission hour. Guests not eligible for early park admission will be held in an alternative area to await the official opening time.

Edited at 10:27 PM.