Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Aug 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

You would have to get your TA to advise you on this when they find the flights. Flight and Hotel with a TA for a package, sorry not sure. Flight and car should definitely be package as have done so myself with my prefered TA.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by patjeff63 View Post
You would have to get your TA to advise you on this when they find the flights. Flight and Hotel with a TA for a package, sorry not sure. Flight and car should definitely be package as have done so myself with my prefered TA.
Here is the definition of a package taken from the ABTA website:-

A package holiday can come in many different forms and can be sold in different ways – from a ‘ready-made’ package (where the different travel services are put together for you by the travel company and offered at a single price) to many tailor-made trips (for example where you select different services from a range offered before paying for them together). However, they will all have the same level of financial and legal protection.

A package holiday must cover a period of at least 24 hours or involve overnight accommodation and is a combination of at least two different types of travel services, which are listed below:

transport (such as a flight, coach or train but not transfers from an airport)
accommodation (such as a hotel, villa or apartment)
car rental
a tourist service (such as a tour guide or a trip to a historical attraction) where this is a significant part of the holiday, either because of its value or because it is an essential part of the trip.

It counts as a package holiday if your travel company:

Has asked you to pay a single price through a single payment
Has let you select a combination of services – such as a flight and accommodation – before you agreed to pay for them
Charged you an inclusive or total price for all the services you bought
Advertised or sold the travel services to you as a package or using a similar term
Sold you one travel service; and then transferred your details, including your payment details to another company, which you then booked another travel service through within the space of 24 hours.

Edited at 06:46 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Keeping an eye on this

Looking at any time 20th July on-wards for 3 weeks... won't be booking until FCO lift their travel advice restriction though so fingers crossed!
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Ooooh the price glitch thread!

Nice to see it's up and running again this year. Makes me feel that there is some kind of normality returning!

Small chance that we'd consider California 2021... although the pull of Florida is still there having missed out this year. I'm pretty confident Covid will be under control by then...so why not start a bit of planning?

Maybe we'll book a BA fly drive so we will only lose deposit if we decide to cancel.

Question is...is BA having a sale this year? Have I missed it already?

That said...if I book and FCO advice is currently not to travel will it invalidate my insurance when FCO advice is eventually lifted...i.e what are the repercussions for booking whilst advice is in place?!

Edited at 11:18 AM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post

Nice to see it's up and running again this year. Makes me feel that there is some kind of normality returning!

Small chance that we'd consider California 2021... although the pull of Florida is still there having missed out this year. I'm pretty confident Covid will be under control by then...so why not start a bit of planning?

Maybe we'll book a BA fly drive so we will only lose deposit if we decide to cancel.

That said...if I book and FCO advice is currently not to travel will it invalidate my insurance when FCO advice is eventually lifted?!
Theres usually one starts in sept do I'm just keeping fingers crossed but who knows
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Following. 🤞🏼

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

That said...if I book and FCO advice is currently not to travel will it invalidate my insurance when FCO advice is eventually lifted...i.e what are the repercussions for booking whilst advice is in place?!
I usually book in the BA Dec sale!

I "think" (I could be wrong here but I am sure I have read this!) that if you book while the FCO advice is not to travel, then even if the FCO advice changes then that trip is still not covered as it was booked while advice was not to travel.

I am sure someone can correct me if I am wrong... or you could give your insurance a quick ring to double check before you book
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Philip Williams - my annual travel insurance policy - I asked the exact same question and got them to put it in writing:

POLICY NUMBER RTAEP
CLIENT REF

Dear...

My questions:

1. No insurance cover for anything that happens abroad if I travel against FCO advice of ‘all but essential travel’. So if that is lifted then I will be covered if I travel abroad.

1. Yes that correct if travel restrictions lifted you will be covered if you travel abroad.

2. I will not be covered for anything related to COVID19 or a mutation of COVID19 except for that which is listed in Section 2 (emergency medical care) but if even if the FCO lift the ‘all but essential travel line’ if a local Government, the WHO or local authority say we should not travel to that particular country due to COVID19 then we won’t be covered for emergency medical care due to COVID19 or it’s mutations.

2. 2. Yes that is correct, you will be covered for emergency medical expense if you did contract coronavirus whilst abroad.

We are governed by the Foreign Office Advice, if all travel restrictions were lifted and then put in place again and you cannot travel again because of FCO advice, in the first instance, as before, you would contact your tour operator, airline or travel agent accommodation provider to discuss your options for alternative dates, destinations or refunds. You would need to keep a close eye on the FCO website to see the travel advice for the country you are travelling to, this will probably be a very fluid situation at the moment.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

It’s making me feel all nostalgic.😂

My dates are out today. Think I’ll be holding off for a while yet. They are a little dear.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I usually book in the BA Dec sale!

I "think" (I could be wrong here but I am sure I have read this!) that if you book while the FCO advice is not to travel, then even if the FCO advice changes then that trip is still not covered as it was booked while advice was not to travel.

I am sure someone can correct me if I am wrong... or you could give your insurance a quick ring to double check before you book
I put this on my initial post to check policy as a lot are excluded, including mine, some are not
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List