Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Sep 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am indifferent to Virgin and flew with them for the first time in over two decades last year due to BA strikes.

However I have a professional respect for all of those working in that finance team. Because they have (hopefully) pulled off the greatest and most unlikely corporate survival ever.

Yes customer service has taken a back seat. It needed to, or there would be no Virgin Atlantic today and then you definitely would not be ever getting your money back and we would all face prices without competition in the future.
I have no respect for any company that has flagrantly and openly broken the law, particularly law designed to protect consumers (us). I sincerely hope that they are prosecuted.

As regards the finance team, they have simply done their job as directed by their employers, whilst doubtless taking plenty of abuse from disgruntled customers who had knowledge that the company was breaking the law. I feel for both sides.

Would I fly in a Virgin airframe... Yes, if the price was right. I would however purchase my tickets from a more reputable codeshare company such as Delta in order to better protect my investment.
I also hope that Virgin survive, both in the interests of their thousands of hard working (none policy making) staff and also in order that the likes of Delta, KLM, United and American (it isn’t only BA that fly Atlantic Routes) , don't use the demise as an excuse to ramp up prices. Competition can only be healthy.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 12randal View Post
imagine if they criticized Disney lol
This is a Disney holiday forum, we meet here because of our love for Disney holidays. I'm sure there are Virgin forums somewhere, where people meet because of their love for Virgin.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
This is a Disney holiday forum, we meet here because of our love for Disney holidays. I'm sure there are Virgin forums somewhere, where people meet because of their love for Virgin.
Surely this forum is about Disney but not necessarily the 'love for Disney holidays' isn't yjks forum about getting the full and whole story of Disney holidays warts and all.

A place where information is gathered good, bad and indifferent in order to make informed choice.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Not all of us.. probably most.

There are also many, such as myself who have simply found the DIBB to be a wonderful site for planning, discussing and getting advice on vacations throughout the USA (and beyond).
I have never before tapped into such a largely amiable font of knowledge about vacationing and long may it continue. It is a great community and I probably would not have even attempted some of my recent multi centres without DIBBERS giving me the knowledge (and confidence) to proceed.

Disney? I haven’t entered a Disney theme park on any of my last 5 Orlando visits. There are many other things to do that we much prefer 🙂. It is doubtful that I will ever again set foot in a Disney Park or Resort.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:02 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Are virgin Atlantic one of the worse companies currently trading

Still owed money from flights cancelled back in June

If you try and chat via text you get no reply

The bearded wonder should hold his head in shame. Whilst he continues to make job cuts he sits in paradise

Detest the man

I have over 80,000 air miles and a companion flight but not sure I would ever use them now
I'll buy your unwanted air miles, send me a mail at joeking@yahoo.com
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I don't think they are the worst company. However the problem has been that imho they have been lying to their thousands of customers throughout although this seems to be getting better of late. Whether this was down to the staff being told what to say or do by the grown ups only they will ever know.
Would I use them again? Yes I would. Aer Lingus on the other hand.
Old 16 Sep 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I have no respect for any company that has flagrantly and openly broken the law, particularly law designed to protect consumers (us). I sincerely hope that they are prosecuted.

As regards the finance team, they have simply done their job as directed by their employers, whilst doubtless taking plenty of abuse from disgruntled customers who had knowledge that the company was breaking the law. I feel for both sides.
They should certainly face whatever the legal consequences are should they be found guilty of breaking laws. I haven’t said otherwise. My point is that I have a professional respect that by whatever means necessary they have kept the company afloat. They will have made a considered decision that prosecution / fines / reputational damage / unfavourable threads on the dibb are all better than bankruptcy. I agree.

Also I think you could be misunderstanding what a finance team does. I have been in corporate finance functions for nearly thirty years and I can assure you that we don’t just “do as we are told”. The CFO and senior finance team (the ones I am thinking of) will have been front and centre in managing this situation and it is they that will have been telling everyone else what to do. I am 100% certain of that.

(And nobody in the finance team will have spoken to a single customer).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Lets not forget the outpouring of sheer frustration, angst and downright anger on here over the last few years when BA had repeated strikes that wrecked peoples business and holiday trips.!

They got flayed by some on here who commented they would never fly with them again.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Lets not forget the outpouring of sheer frustration, angst and downright anger on here over the last few years when BA had repeated strikes that wrecked peoples business and holiday trips.!

They got flayed by some on here who commented they would never fly with them again.
Tom, you are right but memories are generally short and common sense suggest the best price prevails.

I know you are a regular virgin flyer and I am a regular BA flyer, it's just personal preference and economics. I continue to fly BA because I have an enormous pile of Avios, still over a million despite making two avios return bookings for next year and as a company they have served me well. I respect others affiliation to any other airline.

We have had extrodinary circumstances, more companies will go to the wall in the next few months/years, I am not prepared to use my brain power to get angry with any particular one. Let's wait and see.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Tom, you are right but memories are generally short and common sense suggest the best price prevails.

I know you are a regular virgin flyer and I am a regular BA flyer, it's just personal preference and economics. I continue to fly BA because I have an enormous pile of Avios, still over a million despite making two avios return bookings for next year and as a company they have served me well. I respect others affiliation to any other airline.

We have had extrodinary circumstances, more companies will go to the wall in the next few months/years, I am not prepared to use my brain power to get angry with any particular one. Let's wait and see.
Very true words. Actually I’m collecting Avios for a while and will have enough for an Orlando flight fairly soon so I will use BA. next year for one of our Flights

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List