Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 4 Nov 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post

We bought one a couple of years ago from our local Van Hague garden centre.
It’s American made but can’t remember the actual company.
It’s beautiful and full. Not pre lit though..

I’ve just seen I hadn’t spread out the bottom branches properly which has made me all twitchy ..😫

Edited at 10:22 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Ended up ordering this Alaskan Fir one from werchristmas. Thanks everyone for your help.

werchristmas/colle...32455802028103
My tree went missing in transit and now they are sold out 😭

We have ordered this one now instead, it’s not exactly what I pictured but still nice. werchristmas/produ...32455867596871

Fingers crossed this one makes it here.
Old 16 Nov 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Duw, I wish I hadn't looked at this thread, now. Fell in love with this one ...

christmastreeworld...e-tree-6ft-7ft
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

We only ever have real trees , plastic trees made from petrochemicals not for us
No matter which tree you have do you have a Disney skirt, ours has Mickey, Minnie, Donald , Pluto.

Edited at 09:00 AM.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
Balsam, lovely quality
Completely agree - we have a pre-lit one - they are not cheap but the most realistic and full I have found. We have a real tree as well but the Balsam Hill one sits in a special place in our sitting room window - and looks so sparkly! I can't wait to put it up but DH says I have to wait until December
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
We only ever have real trees , plastic trees made from petrochemicals not for us
No matter which tree you have do you have a Disney skirt, ours has Mickey, Minnie, Donald , Pluto.
We always have real trees but my quandary for the last couple of years has been are they really ethical ?- I’m increasingly struggling with the fact that they are 5 or 6 years old chopped down and thrown away after a few weeks .
I understand your view of artificial trees but I genuinely don’t know the pros and cons for each but would be interested to hear from those that know .
inky1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another recommendation for Balsam Hill. I bought a large one for my hall last year and I was so impressed I’ve just bought a 9’ Fraser fir for my lounge. I spent ages deliberating and even went to Christmastreeworld to look at theirs (they are really good quality and I was impressed but size didn’t work)
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Another recommendation for Balsam Hill. I bought a large one for my hall last year and I was so impressed I’ve just bought a 9’ Fraser fir for my lounge. I spent ages deliberating and even went to Christmastreeworld to look at theirs (they are really good quality and I was impressed but size didn’t work)
I must be like some of the other disgruntled customers on trust pilot re Balsam Hill. My experience was awful. The tree came and was like a pipe cleaner branch. It was shocking and what was worse was the customer service pretty non existent if there is an issue. My niece bought one and hers is better but still not great.
Old 21 Nov 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Not too impressed

It’s better after lots of shaping but not really what I was expecting.

Edited at 03:26 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
I must be like some of the other disgruntled customers on trust pilot re Balsam Hill. My experience was awful. The tree came and was like a pipe cleaner branch. It was shocking and what was worse was the customer service pretty non existent if there is an issue. My niece bought one and hers is better but still not great.
I really think it depends what you buy. Mine are nordmann fir and Fraser fir - the are both big ones (9ft) and both really full. They do take a lot of fluffing too and I was relieved they sent gloves to protect your hands. Last years Nordmann was just over £950 and if it wasn’t perfect it would have gone right back!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List